main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your cast for a NJO trilogy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by EvilYoda, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilYoda

EvilYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm sure this has probably been done, but I haven't been here for awhile, so just induldge me if you've done this before.

Jaina Solo -Jennifer Garner from that show Alias. (I'd also like Carrie Ann-Moss, but she's just too old)

Jacen Solo -Any young Harrison Ford look-alike who can handle a lightsaber. Should be easy enough to find...

Anakin Skywalker -Matt Damon?

Kyp Durron -A clean-shaven Viggo Mortenson? :)

Mara Jade -Would dying Angelina Jolie's hair red and giving her green contacts work?

Supreme Overlord Shimrra -Micheal Clarke Duncan (They could also use his voice for a Hutt if needed)

Tsavong Lah -Ving Rhames

Nom Anor -Wayne Pygram (I think his name is. He's the guy who played Scorpious on Farscape. He'd be perfect IMO.)

Vergere -Any lesser-known actress with a somewhat bird-like face.

Han
    Leia
    Luke
    Lando
    Chewie
    Artoo
    C-3PO
    -All played by the originals naturally.

Feel free to come up with your own, and/or add more characters to the mix.

2. skywalkerforce

skywalkerforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2003
    Angelina Jolie as Mara Jade? Gross! [face_shocked] I think Nicole Kidman or Julianne Moore would be much better choices.

3. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Matt's a little to old to be Anakin. Be was only like 16 when he dies. :)

4. Dead_Bothan_Spy

Dead_Bothan_Spy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    You think Carrie-Anne Moss is too old, and Matt Damon and Jennifer Garner aren't? They're all in their thirties!

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The New Republic = American Actors/tress
    The Galactic Empire = European Actors/tress
    The Yuuzhan Vong = Asian Actors/tress
    The Jedi Order = Mixture

Thats the only way I can see it done.

Some of the original actors may need to be replaced because they don't look anywhere near like they use to. For Example: Billy Dee Williams (Lando) has put on some weight last I saw him. And from what I've read in the books about the character, Lando doesn't sound like he's gained much weight in 25 years.

6. skywalkerforce

Jan 17, 2003
    Luke and Mara are supposed to be in their 40s so an older actress playing Mara would make sense. How about unknowns for the NJO?

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    No more unknown first time actors. The last batch Lucasfilm hired are pathetic.

8. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    cool! i'd say...

vergere: totally digital character.

jacen solo - mark wahlberg

jaina solo - this is a tough one...i say angelina jolie.

anakin solo - matt damon sounds pretty good. he looks like mark wahlberg, and jacen and anakin look somewhat alike..

danni quee - estella warren (from planet of the apes)

jag fel - keanu reeves

shimmra - michael dorn

tsavong lah - shaquille o'neal

9. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    No more unknown first time actors. The last batch Lucasfilm hired are pathetic.

'unknown' first time actors seem to thrive in star wars.

Angelina Jolie as Mara Jade? Gross! I think Nicole Kidman or Julianne Moore would be much better choices.

angelina jolie is too young to play mara jade, she should play jaina. for mara....julia roberts, perhaps?

10. skywalkerforce

Jan 17, 2003
    Angelina Jolie as anyone is nasty. You can tell what my opinion of that actress is. ;)

How about Liv Tyler as Jaina and Elijah Wood as Jacen? I think that would be good. Also wouldn't Orlando Bloom make a great Kyp?

11. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Jaina-Eliza Dushku
    Jacen-unknown actor
    Anakin-unknown actor
    Danni-Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Tahiri-someone who looks like a younger SMG
    Shimmra-Ian McDiarmid
    Tsavong Lah-Michael Clarke Duncan
    Mara-Julianne Moore
    Pallean-Christopher Lee
    Ganner-Viggo Mortenson
    Kyp-Jonny Depp
    Ikrit-a ferret 8-}
    Alem Rar-Amy Allen
    Tenal Ka-the girl from the newer Parent Trap (Lindsey something) Or anyone who played a redheaded elf in LOTR.

12. skywalkerforce

Jan 17, 2003
    Whitey: Very nice cast. I had forgotten about the fantastic Eliza Dushku and SMG. Are you a Buffy fan per chance?

I still think Orlando Bloom would make a great Kyp..either that or Jacen. That boy can sure act! :D

Edited because I can't type

13. Cactus-Jack

Cactus-Jack Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    Personally, I think Bloom would make a better Jacen than Kyp.

For others:

Ganner: the guy who was in Minority Report and is now Bullseye in Daredevil. I can't remember his name but he's a good actor.

Danni: I think Jennifer Garner would be good if she dyed her hair blond.

Randa the Hutt: Sally Struthers (sorry, had a South Park moment there ;) :p )

Corran: anyone but Mike Stackpole

14. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Minority Report and is now Bullseye in Daredevil...

Colin Ferrell... he's hot ;) [face_love]

15. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    How about Jodie Foster (with a red wig and green contacts) for Mara? She's 40 (i.e. not too young), she's not very tall (like Mara Jade), and she's good at playing strong, determined women.

Vergere = CGI

Luke = Mark Hamill

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    'unknown' first time actors seem to thrive in star wars.

Actually they don't thrive. Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones were only successful because they can act and also had made good movies before Star Wars came out. Everyone else either already had an excellent acting career and didnt need the fame or were so bad that no one wanted them (Mark Hammel[sp?] for example).

The only fame they get from the fans is because of the majority of the fans are a bunch of pre-teens who don't know anything about quality acting and only care about whether the actor/tress looks hot.

The poor acting in the Prequel films is what causes all the negetive discussions about how bad the films were. That and the gobs of CGI. Even in the Original Trilogy only a few actors were really excellent actors. They are the ones who have a superb or good career in acting (Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Ian McDarmid, etc).

Watch, as soon as the Prequel Trilogy is over with you will never hear about Hayden Christiansen, Natalie Portman, Jake Llyod and all the other poor actors ever again (except maybe once or twice every so many years). No one will want them. Just like they did with Mark Hammel[sp?] (when was the last time you seen him in a movie?).

There is more to picking a cast then just good looks or fame.

17. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Mark Hamill (that the correct spelling, FYI) is an excellent actor IMHO. Yes, (compared to, say, Harrison Ford) he didn't have a big movie career after SW, but he's still very sought after as a voice actor. Please don't diss him.

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Corran: anyone but Mike Stackpole

Hey! :p

Just like they did with Mark Hammel[sp?] (when was the last time you seen him in a movie?).

Hamill. And it was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. And he was excellent.

19. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    All the people from the OT are still successful;

Mark Hamill is a very popular voice actor, and is the Joker in the Batman animated series.

Carrie Fisher has a talk show on oxygen.

Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones both still act.

Denis Lawson also voice acts.

20. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Hayden's a good actor. He'll be around for years. You read the AOTC script and see if you could make that fireplace scene better. Or better yet, get a camcorder and act it out. Hayden will exceed you, no doubt about. He hated the dialogue, but that is his job, and he did as he was asked. Don't diss the actors.

Mark Hamill is a character actor and an excellent one. He always was. Unfortunately, he is very short and also had that unfortunate accident, as well. He also had quite a 70's look.

Carrie Fisher had lots of drug problems, so she didn't pursue acting that much, but she did fine. She was really good in her day.

Now then, I always picture Danni as Elisha Cuthbert from 24. If you go to the official site, and find profiles:actor (it's a great website, btw, very fun) there are a couple of good pix.

21. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Whitey: Very nice cast. I had forgotten about the fantastic Eliza Dushku and SMG. Are you a Buffy fan per chance?

You bet I am! I chose Eliza Dushku for Jaina because she has that hot goth look that Jaina has on the cover of Dark Journey. I chose SMG for Danni because she matches the description perfectly and I've always imagined Danni as SMG. Both are excellent actresses. And I've never seen Orlando Bloom as Jacen.

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You read the AOTC script and see if you could make that fireplace scene better.

I agree. That was most definitely one of the best-acted intermissions in a motion picture I've ever seen. :p

23. skywalkerforce

Jan 17, 2003
    You bet I am! I chose Eliza Dushku for Jaina because she has that hot goth look that Jaina has on the cover of Dark Journey. I chose SMG for Danni because she matches the description perfectly and I've always imagined Danni as SMG. Both are excellent actresses. And I've never seen Orlando Bloom as Jacen.

I thought you were a fan. When you mentioned Eliza, I knew it right away! She and SMG really know how to kick butt.

CmdrM: Actually they don't thrive. Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones were only successful because they can act and also had made good movies before Star Wars came out. Everyone else either already had an excellent acting career and didnt need the fame or were so bad that no one wanted them (Mark Hammel[sp?] for example).

Yikes did you just diss my all time fave? :mad: For your info, Mark Hamill is a talented actor on screen and in voice overs. The reason you haven't seen him much is because 1) he has been doing a lot of voice overs in the cartoons and 2) he has been doing a lot of acting in theatres. So before you diss someone, I think you should find out there bio first. (not trying to sound like I am flaming, just giving you some info)

**getting off my soap box now**

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    You read the AOTC script and see if you could make that fireplace scene better.

Simple, you replace Natalie with someone who can act.

I'll give you this though, Hayden is a far better actor then Natalie. Talk about someone who can't act out emotions throughout an entire movie. Oie!

25. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Jaina - Eliza Dushku

Jacen - Adam Garcia

Jag - Joaquin Phoenix

Kyp - Colin Farrell

Danni - Estella Warren

Han - Richard Dean Anderson

Nom Anor - Wayne Pygram

Tsa'vong Lah - Arnold Vosloo

Janson - Mike Meyers

Kre'fey - Mel Gibson

Wedge - Tom Hanks

(Yeah, I realize this list wouldn't stand up to the test, but I'm safe in my choices knowing that there will never be an NJO trilogy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.