main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Your chance to be in a fanfilm...without being in a fanfilm.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by drippyzeo, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Sorry, Qui-Gundi, casting's closed, as far as I can tell :(...UNLESS sacul doesn't figure out his mike. Might wanna check with him.

So till that's straightened out, the roles seem to be:

VL: Me (Dying ain't such a bad thing)
    V1: Mattes
    V2: Elvish_Jedi, aka Elfy
    V3: Joe, aka Sunrider
    GL: Lord Darth Vader
    CM: sacul?

Callsigns sound cool! I'll need them confirmed ASAP, though, so that I you can refer to each other in the dialogue.

Still working out minor details of the script, so the action transitions better. It's about 90% done. I basically need the whole thing done before I send it out. This is cuz I need each person's audio recorded in one file all at once: this lets me apply custom audio effects to each so that the radio's sound different.

I'll try to have a final draft done by Wednesday: I just had a monster midterm today (2.5 hours!), so my brain's fried and I have to make up some work tomorrow that I put aside today to study.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Woo hoo!! Ghost Leader!! YEAH!!!!

3. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Hmm...so many possibilities for a callsign.

Legna, Kudrag, CrimDrag, Krymsod...

Think "Left-handed, Red-bladed- Light-sided" would fit as a call sign?

Ooo, or Dead-Eye Jedi.

It's a cross between Legna and Kudrag. Drippy make the choice for me.

4. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i know its kool mattes.

5. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Why not Angel or...Garduk?

6. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    Hehehe, you know, people still haven't cracked Legna (since it was born ... like months ago) and it took you a couple of hours.

And Kudrag is Kudrag, not Garduk :p

7. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I'll work on setting up the Mic on my Cpu, this should be fun.

8. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Ok all, I've sent out the script via PM. I said this in some of the PMs, but just to emphasize: if you're going to shout, please be sure it doesn't cause distortion.

If you know how to record in, or convert your recording to, a high quality mp3, that's the preferred form that I'd like files in, otherwise, an uncompressed wav is fine. Be sure to leave about a second or two between lines: I know it's probably going to be hard trying to act a part without the others present, but do your best.

I think delivery can be done via upload to my website. Let me know how big the files are: I've got 11 Megs left in my accout, I've requested more, but it hasn't yet been delivered.

I may be on and off sporadically over the net few days: I've got three finals in the first two days of finals week, so I'll probably avoid the Internet.

9. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Do you want us to put all the lines in one file or seperatley? I think seperate would be better in case we mess up, that way we don't have to record the whole script again.

10. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Eh...I'd prefer a single file: if you mess up a line, just say "oops" or "I messed up" or something and try again. This simplifies the sound design process, since the conditions for every line are EXACTLY the same, so the radios won't sound different when I apply effects.

Having said that, if making it just one file is a big issue, I can deal with multiple small ones.

11. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    Joe, we could make seperate files and put 'em together as 1 at the end.

12. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    Done.

719KB mp3 file.
    Waiting for further uplodationment instructions.

13. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    wow, that's small. What were your compression settings?

Host: ftp.thethousand.net
    Username: tallytwo@thethousand.net
    Password: tallytwo

14. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    I used GoldWave and had the highest settings.
    It's not that long of a clip either.

(edit)Uploaded(/edit)

15. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey all.

I've just survived (hopefully) 3 finals in 48 hours. Past three days have been a whirlwind, but now I've got some room to breathe till my last final (Sat, 4pm). So...figured I'd check in and see when you guys can get el recordings done. I'd like to get the bulk of the rendering (~90 hours, not including test renders and setting up shots) next week, so ASAP would be appreciated. I've also gotten 3 Gbs extra bandwidth and doubled my storage space, so feel free to upload any time.

Hopefully, I'll have a teaser out by Friday next week.

16. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    ah! ah! i've been way busy for a while, so i think i'll have to back out of this one... i got two essays to do (one of which was due today), and i got stupid band stuff this week. sorry guys, i'll make it in one of these fanfilms!

17. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    My recording will be done next week... I doubt you'll want my lines delivered when I get my wisdom teeth pulled. ;)

18. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    ouch. hope you heal up quickly.

19. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    doh.....getting your wisdom teeth pulled is harsh. Hopefully your's will come out better than mine....long story, but i'm sure you'll do great!

drippy what program are you using to render out all your scenes? From the looks of your preview, maybe a little Bryce here and there? More than happy to take a look at some stuff if you want another pair of eyes or anything. Hope all goes well.

20. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    From the looks of your preview, maybe a little Bryce here and there?

'fraid not...what I used for the ships and the space shot is a secret, for the time being...I think some people will be surprised when they find out. I WILL say that the terrain was generated with Terragen.

Edit: I should clarify what I mean. Part of the motivation for this film is to bring some attention to the underrated 3d app I use.

21. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I should be able to record by Monday. It's only my top wisdom teeth, so I won't be out of commission for long.

22. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    When I got mine out, they had to take out one on top and one on the bottom...the problem with that is that there's nothing from them to bite down on, so they took then all out. :(

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey drippy, all I have on my computer is sound recorder. I can record in .wav files. Is that ok?

24. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    That's fine, LDV

25. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Well, just got out of my last final. What's up, everyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.