main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Choice for the Third Spinoff Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 27, 2017.

?

What will be the third spinoff film?

1. Boba Fett

14.1%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

50.0%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  4. Darth Vader

5.6%
  5. Lando Calrissian

1.5%
  6. Yoda

3.0%
  7. Sheev Palpatine

1.5%
  8. Jar Jar Binks

1.0%
  9. Leia Organa

1.5%
  10. New Characters

16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So we all have our theories and hopes for what the third spinoff will be but now let's see which of these is the most popular among the userbase. The poll consists of what I believe are the most popular theories that have been put forth in this forum.

Please note that discussion of the third spinoff will continue in the various other threads we have. This one is just for you to vote and tell us which one and why.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I will cast my vote for Kenobi. Not only is it the one I want the most but I also think it's the most likely.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    There's no Zillo Beast option! This thread is Fake News!

4. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I voted Boba Fett because what evidence there is points to it. I'd like it to be Kenobi, but I'm trying to relax and be patient on that front.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I voted for Kenobi because I'd like to see what Ewan could do with it. In my mind, however, there are so many ways it could go wrong in terms of hurting the character and ANH. The Fett movie is a much safer option in that regard.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, and where's Ewoks 3 on that list? :(

Anyway, I voted for Obi-Wan. Not that I necessarily believe that will be the third spinoff, but I hope it will be.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Coruscantablanca. Only because I need to see Luke Skywalker passionately lift up Rey's mum's chin and say, "Here's looking at you, kid".

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Play it again, Han.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm sorely disappointed that Jar Jar doesn't at least have one vote yet! :p

cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I voted for Boba Fett. All evidence points to it, and I'm increasingly convinced a Kenobi film would be a bad idea, despite all the fan demand for it. I love McGregor and his performance, but there's too great a possibility of damaging his character or diminishing the severity of his isolation in exile. Regardless, would Disney/Lucasfilm really want to invest $200 into their one annual Star Wars film and have the whole thing set entirely on a desert planet we've already visited in five movies to date? A Boba Fett film has nowhere to go but up, since you can surround him with a motley crew of bounty hunters and assorted oddballs on a variety of new worlds, and he's such a non-entity in the films. A cool looking, iconic and recognizable, easily marketable non-entity whose helmet you can slap all over toy packaging for months, but a non-entity nevertheless, which leaves a relative blank slate for a creative filmmaker to doodle on. A movie could let him earn through action the reputation we're told he has but never get to see at play in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Also, I'm surprised there's no option for a Leia film since it has it's own thread.

(P.S. Darth Chiznuk the Force for Change set visit video still needs to be added to the "Han Solo Photos and Trailers" thread).

KSennia, TX-20, Vib3s and 2 others like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    PymParticles You're right Leia should definitely be included. It's done now. And I'll go add the Force for Change video. Thanks for reminding me!

PymParticles likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Note: I've also added an option for completely new characters. All right I'm done fiddling with it now.

14. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I voted for Boba Fett. I certainly wouldn't mind a Kenobi film, but IMO there's so much more you can do with the former without stepping on established canon. Plus, it would finally give the general public an idea of why Fett is so beloved by fanboys.

PymParticles and Avnar like this.
  15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Boba Fett! I am also warming up to a Obi Wan film :cool:

16. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    what about a young obi how he came to be his relationship with qui gon I think that would add layers to the character without hurting the past films.

KSennia, cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  17. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I don't know about Boba Fett, unless it's after RotJ, I mean, we know he lives, but we don't know if he lives after Jedi. We know his backstory, so it would be something new, definitely not an origin movie. I would be ok with a bounty hunters film, with Boba Fett being the main protagonist, and it being like a western. If it's before A New Hope, they could have Han Solo cameo in it, or Chewbacca. That's a tough one.

I would love to see a Ben Kenobi film, seeing as, "I haven't gone by the name Obi-wan, since, oh before you were born." But, Obi-wan does fib from time to time.

18. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    It might be none of the above.

The next one might be an event-based film --like RO --rather than a character-based narrative --like Han. Especially considering RO's success.

The Battle of Taanab: A Star Wars Story

KSennia likes this.
  19. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I voted new characters. I'd prefer most of the spin offs to be like rogue one. Tell interesting stories that fill in the gaps of the saga movies while utilizing mostly new characters.

20. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I voted for Boba Fett, since I want the second movie to be about Obi-Wan.

21. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

B99 likes this.
  22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I just want to see the Kenobi version of Camus' The Stranger.

But with a more upbeat ending. :)

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    95% sure it's Obi-Wan. If not him, then Boba Fett.

My choice though is for Siege of Mandalore, KOTOR, or a Sidious film.

Dra--- likes this.
  24. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    I want # 3 to be an Obi-Wan movie. Played by Ewan McGregor. No cameo stuff for me, thanks! ;) I would also like most of it off Tatooine, perhaps somewhere playing a hidden role in the Resistance. Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in RO seemed well aware of him.
    I am looking forward now to watching the Han Solo movie, thanks to some of the actors associated with it, but a Boba Fett movie is probably where I will draw the line.[face_dunno]

25. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    I want to see the story behind these two!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.