main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Your comments, reviews of the SW DVDs *spoilers allowed*

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Scruff, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Just in the remote chance, someone reading the other DVD thread doesn't want to see a spoiler if they haven't watched them, I figure we could have a thread aimed at reviewing them.

After finally watching all 4 discs, (the films on commentary mode) I can finally comment.

Personally, I can never see any visual difference between a VHS movie and a DVD. The scenes that were changed or tweaked were mostly so minor that comment isn't needed.

Greedo and Han practically shoot at the same time now. Vast improvement over the 97 SE. My question is Did Greedo really need to shoot at all?

Changing the Emperor's image in TESB holo: good idea, changing his dialogue: why? It did nothing to serve the storyline IMO.

Luke doesn't scream like a little girl in ESB: good

Fett's voice: keeps consistancy, I have no problem

Anakin's eyebrows: never bothered me before, but looks better

Hayden: WTF? don't see the point to it

Naboo: good addition except for the Gungan cheer

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Obi-Wan's scream that runs off the Sand People if different--more like a whistle.

The CGI sandtroooper that dismounts the dewback at Mos Eisley seems to have been moved over a bit. I remember seeing the Special Edition in 97 and thinking how he looked good until he hit the ground, well now you can't see him hit the ground because it is just off screen.

ANH Jabba looks better but still not as good as the good old fashioned puppet that was used in ROTJ.

The only printed English in the saga (to my knowledge)--"Power" and "Tractor Beam"--are now in that funky alien language.

Han Solo no longer keeps putting his jacket on and taking it off before he goes into the carbonite (always wondered how he did that while handcuffed anyway).

Not a change, just something I never noticed before: there is a mounted taun taun head hanging on the wall in Jabba's Palace.

I think Vader's lack of eyebrows will factor into Anakin's turn in Episode 3. The Jedi will have a wild party, Anakin will get really wasted and pass out. The next morning he will wake up with his eyebrows shaved off and will feel so much hatred toward the other Jedi that it will push him over the edge.

What is Hayden looking at at the end of ROTJ? It's like Obi-Wan and Yoda are looking at Luke, but where is Anakin looking?

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    "The chick over there is kinda hot"

*WHACK*

"Your daughter, that is."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.