main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Your costume list!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Solo_Jaina, Jun 15, 2011.

1. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    I'll throw ol' Willrow back in the bag although I'm expecting more of him, so I want to find something unique

:tape

duct tape rules!

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Since Orlando is so so hot and humid, I have some ideas for a couple of new Jedi costumes made from very gauzy cotton and linen fabrics in light earth tones.

3. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    I hope to see people dressed as the following which I haven't seen:

-The Tonnika sisters
    -Lobot
    -Duchess Satine
    -Clonetroopers in cold weather gear like in the "Trespass" episode of "The Clone Wars".
    -The Rancor Keeper
    -Grand Admiral Thrawn

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've realised that my biggest problem with bringing a lot of costumes is the stupid footwear. Basically I have a different pair of bulky and heavy boots for each of my costumes, and I'm not sure it's feasible to pack 4-5 pairs of boots.

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

I hope to have a Duchess Satine costume for my wife to match my Obi-wan. I didn't wear it last year cause she didn't have any costume to match.

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I would go with the cotton gauze over the linen. I have a linen tunic and it looks great, but it wrinkles like crazy. I always have to iron it. Also silk noil is good and the cheapest type of silk. China has been flooding the market for silk for years (I can't really blame them for that; they've been making it for 3,000 years). Just pre-wash, wash cold and hang dry. Dryers are just too hard on silk.

Also, crinkle silk gauze makes very good and comfortable under-tunics and is very close to what you see Anakin wearing in ATOC. It's just a pain to sew and get the collar right because it's so stretchy.

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So I'm already thinking about being able to fit my costumes in my bag. I've just packed my tusken female into a bag, and she takes up almost half of it.

This is my current plan for costumes, and some way of saving space and weight. In order of priority.

1. Female tusken (New footwear. At the moment I'm using a pair of boots with the legwraps glued on. I'm planning on making new ones from a pair of shoes, and then have soft leg wraps instead.

2. Cancan trooper. (helmet as carry one. Make a new shorter vinyl skirt and a new petticoat with tulle for the volym instead of 100 yards of ruffles).

3. A-wing pilot (skip the blaster and hard helmet and just use the soft helmet)

4. Leia (no blaster, and only if I can squeeze her in).

What do you think of my plan?

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Sounds good to me. When packing for flying, if there are any very heavy but small items, I'll put them in carry-on, generally a back-pack that fits under the seat. Carry-on baggage is a pain when it's heavy, but that's much better than over-weight fees. Also, you need to take into account the weight of anything you might buy and take back with you.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Knowing from past experiences I'm going to do a lot of shopping, so my plan is to pack an extra soft bag in my main baggage and then simply pay for that extra bag on the way home. At CV I had to run out and buy a bag the night before leaving, so this time I count on doing that from the start.

10. MiricaEclipse

MiricaEclipse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2011
    My sister (Who can't sew) Has *Cough* drafted me into making her a significantly more modest Naboo lake retreat cosutme... Now, if that actually happens we'll have that!

We'll definately bring our Jedi Knight costumes... They're not Halloween Costumes, but then again, they're also my first sewwing project that i ever finished.

11. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I should be there as ANH Han Solo. Just trying to source a working droid caller, and waiting for my trousers to be made. Boots on their way too.

12. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm flying to Orlando from New Zealand (with 3 weeks worth of exploring the states after) so am seriously limited on luggage space. I also need room to bring home all the merch I will end up buying! I figure if I make up my costumes with some 'normal' pieces I can justify bringing a couple of options.

I think I'm going to be Siri as #1 jedi and #2 undercover spice pirate. Bit concerned about leather in the Florida heat though!

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The con centre itself is very well air conditioned though, in fact a bit on the chilly side. So if you have some pieces that you can carry with you and put on when you reach the con that shouldn't be too much of a trouble.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    What Johanna said. Once you're inside, it's pretty well air conditioned and feels awesome.

It's getting from your hotel to the Convention Center that's the pain. ;)

15. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hoping you are still here :) Hey fellow Kiwi :) I think you may be the Jedi some other fellow Kiwis caught up with :) Hope you had a good time over there too :) Hope to see your Jedi at one of the Armageddons coming up over the next year :)

I wound up stuffing my suitcase with: Shae Vizla (The Old Republic Bounty Hunter) Darth talon (Sith Twi'lek ;) ) my Imp Officer (but didn't wear it) and my Aspiring Knight Jedi ensemble also from Swtor, but as a human not blue Twi'lek that I have in game :) They are still all in the suitcase. Not really feeling the whole costume love thing right now for various unconnected reasons ;)

Talon was great both outdoors and indoors aside from being glued into the thing (I did the blending thing.. oy...) And feeling the breeze a bit ;) Shae was great indoors but I suffered from the heat a bit on the walk to and from the Rozen Plaza.

I think I saw Obi Anne from a shortish distance- did you enter one of the pageants?

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    No, I didn't enter any of the pageants, but I was behind the scenes helping Jedi_Dajuan on Saturday for a while, so I was in the pageant area. I was in my cancan dress then.