main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Costume Site Links!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SallyOwens, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SallyOwens

SallyOwens Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    I'm looking for URL's of people that have cronicaled their creation of Star Wars costumes. There's several links I've seen people share, but after discussing with Obi-Dawn, there's really no comprehensive list.

So, if you've got a costume site for SW costumes that you've made (and that doesn't have links or isn't itselve an unauthorized vendor) please reply to this thread! Thanks in advance for your help! :)

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes, it would be really nice to compile a list of fansite tutorials.
    I know Sally would like links to include in her costuming site, and I would also like them for a forum listing that could be accessed in the forum header (as a link next to the current C&P FAQ link).

I've seen quite a few links from a list that Voija Rosa put together a while back. But, I'd like to hear from individuals if they'd like their site to be included or not. So, post your tutorial link here if you want it listed. And thanks in advance! :)

3. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    i would love to see a tutorial list/compilation! it would be sooo helpful.

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I think this is a fantastic idea. :) Heaven knows I've scoured the internet too many times looking for tips and hints about specific costumes. You're welcome to link to my tutorial for the Episode 1 White Parade Gown. In fact... lemme move it to my domain real quick... kay, done.

http://www.kreleia.com/costumes/amidala.htm

I still need to put up a tutorial on Padmé's Episode 1 handmaiden, and my Episode 2 Blue Tatooine Dress. I'll let you know when they're up.

:)

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    general page From there you can find my descriptions on the blue Tatooine dress, and my ongoing work with the picnic dress.

6. Mandalorian-Warriors

Mandalorian-Warriors Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    Mandalorian Warriors, Est. Long Before Your Time...

Quick description: MW holds nothing but custom Mandalore info on Tutorials, References, Armor Templates, & much more!

7. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Great idea - other costumers' experiences have been really valuable to me this past year!

Here's my Return to Naboo making of:
    Return to Naboo

Here's Eowyn's Travel coat (not extensive explanations though):
    Eowyn's Travel coat

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    This is a great start. :)

And, yes, seeing what other people have been able to achieve is invaluable. I know that kreleia's site was one of the few I first saw when I started posting in this forum and it inspired me to think that maybe I could make a costume too. ;)

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would never even have tried to do the picnic-dress if hadn't been for all the advices I found here and on all the pages linked from padawan's guide.

10. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
  11. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]Costume project 1: Byss The construction and design of my vision of The Clone Emperor. Also describes the making of my Ancient Sith Lightsabre and Captured Jedi Holocron.
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/cE_Omar/cEO_02.jpg]

Costume project 2: Falleen's Fist The construction and design of my dear Prince Xizor.
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/Xizor_img/PrinceXizor05.jpg][/color]

12. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    This is well known on the other boards--but thought I would post it here too for reference. Maggie and I compiled a tutorial on the Pastel Lake dress, and Deleted Family gown with step by step instructions and information. There are also great tutorials on many other costumes such as the Purple Senate dress, Picnic Dress, etc that many people have contributed to.-- Her site is invaluable to the Star Wars costumer, and should be on everyone's bookmarks! :D
    I hope to write up more turorials on some costumes in the near future. The Naboo nightgown and robe for one [face_love]

Padawan's Guide

~Ferd :)

P.S. Prince Xizor, You totally crack me up! [face_laugh] I still remember you crouched down snacking behind the scenes of the DC Masquerade in your costume!

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Imperial Outfitters

We've got a tutorial on some Jedi Robes, Rebel Commandos and Nostradamus' Imperial tutorials. More are being added as well as an in depth section on sewing techniques.

14. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
  15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    that xizor costume is sweeeeeeeeet .

i dont know how to do the link thing so you will have to get it out of my sig .

16. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    thanks for all the sites

my school is having a star wars day and i had no costume and no clue where to start so this was very helpful

17. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks for the nice words, Ferd! Yes, by all means feel free to include my site either as a whole or to link to individual stuff within. :)

Maggie

18. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    YOUR SCHOOL HAS A STAR WARS DAY!!!! JEALOUSY WOULDNT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW(as i kick in a portion of my wall)

19. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I know that kreleia's site was one of the few I first saw when I started posting in this forum and it inspired me to think that maybe I could make a costume too.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Wow. Thanks Obi-Dawn. :D [face_blush]

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
  21. SallyOwens

SallyOwens Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    Wow! Thank you all so much! I know there's more, I've seen them, so keep them coming! :)

As soon as my life settles down (ha) I will post the links to the Imperial officer and my own Jocasta Nu link. Wee :)

22. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    My website link is in my signature. I have a tutorial for my picnic dress and White Battle Outfit. liann

23. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    well its actually like a day in "spirit week" when every class gets a differant movie they dress up from but to my great joy my class got star wars

24. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    No tutorials yet . . .

But when I glance at this thread name, I read too quick and thought it said

"Your costume stinks site" [face_shocked]

I must need new contacts or something [face_laugh]

25. buniculaAIM

buniculaAIM Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2003
    i'll throw mine in:

my costumes

that's the tusken raider and jedi, and more will be added as i make them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.