main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Your current Avatar/Sig and why you chose it?

Discussion in 'Community' started by A'den Skirata, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    King Mob from The Invisibles because I just polished off the omnibus and felt like breaking up my cavalcade of Char Aznable icons.

My sig is a bunch of quotes because my sig has always been a bunch of quotes.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Bob Saget as Danny Tanner in a dinosaur suit from Full House.

My sig is part in-joke from Wookieepedia part funny Star Wars quote. The bottom part is a nod to my old avatar from before the move, which I had had for three years.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

Sig: Something a wise man once said.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Because of reasons.

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Avatar is the young Major Zod from Smallville. My favorite villain of the entire Smallville run. Plus, it's Zod! What more reason do you need, honestly? His Zodness is in itself an argument. I rest my case.

Sig is a real quote. I chose it because it makes you think. And I have always been an advocate of people thinking.

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    My Avatar is from this GIF because it makes me laugh and looks ridiculous.
    [​IMG]

My signature is empty, like my heart soul pants wallet.

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  8. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Alucard from Hellsing because he's bat**** crazy. I'll get a sig when I find something I fancy.

Souderwan and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  9. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My Avatar is Beefcake, because GWAR, that's why.

Sig is a quote that should be spread around like the peanut butter of truth across the fearful fragile toast of the minds of the masses.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The kids from Village of the Damned. Because I like black & white avatars, I like old monster movies, and I needed a pic which featured a chorus of disapprovers. My sig has been in my sig for 10 years and is the only memento carried over from my 00-03 account. I have had other things in my sig, such as my Sarcasm Knight title, quotes from Sapes about my lack of moral character, and other such gems, but that line is about the most "Star Warsy" thing I ever bothered to post on here and it was in response to my old argument partner, Vortex, so I kept it with me. It must have looked spiffy in old posts while I was serving a 6 year banning.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Iron Fist by Stuart Immonen. Always liked Iron Fist, and Immonen is a talented guy.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Truth. I once had Oderus Urungus because GWAR.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  13. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Hey, what did you do to deserve 6 years of banning?

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Manny Calavera is cooler than you.

Souderwan and Master_Jacen like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Good Lord, this is so true...

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    My avatar is Bryan Cranston with an eyepatch.

And my signature consists of completely accurate descriptions of my personality that I don't find at all amusing.

MrZAP and Souderwan like this.
  17. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    My avatar is some kind of creepy (but critical) rendition of the NSA logo. The sig is a folklore saying attributed to the NSA for what the acronym actually stands for (possibly an inside joke?). I chose these because Rogue_Ten apparently semi-seriously believes that I'm some kind of NSA sock puppet. :p To be fair it probably largely has to do with my somewhat unusual way of asking questions.

Rogue's serial killer thread has me thinking that maybe I should be careful how far I go with this running joke. :p

18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why would i serial kill someone in the nsa? seems like a good way to get caught

my sig is a quote from an awesome but dated takedown of "journalis" megan mcardle that's pretty freely available online if you were to copy paste it into google. i like it because i have rolled my eyes many a time at megan mcardale articles, especially back in the day when i used to subscribe to the atlantic and she had a regular column with them. also its pretty generalizable to mcardlesque true-believers everywhere

my avatar is jon hawkes creepily spying on a group of his cult members having sex from the staircase in the film martha marcy may marlene, which is pretty much the best movie of the decade thus far.

19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Because dammit, Pullo is awesome. If you haven't ever watched Rome, rectify that error immediately.

And my sig is in reference to the 181st, a discussion group over in Lit which takes a more critical look at various EU novels.

Souderwan, Rogue_Ten and Blithe like this.
  20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My icon is Ophelia. Because Ophelia, that's why! Also it's a Pre-Raphaelite painting, which is awesome. And my sig quote is something my friend said that made me literally lol for far too long.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Fat people who die in horrific explosions are funny.

I don't even know if I have sig. I'll check after posting.

Edit - Oh, right, it's just informative, because the ribbons aren't enough alone, people!

Amazing.

22. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Well, given that you're (I think?) partly of Arab descent we'd probably just let you serial kill for a while to foster evidence of domestic terrorism and use it as an excuse to place security cameras everywhere, racially profile, molest people at air ports, increase our budget, rationalize wars for multinational corporate interests, etc, etc.

23. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yes, i am one quarter lebanese/syrian

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Avatar is agonized!Anakin from TCW, which does agonized!Anakin pretty well. That said, I usually have a trees/landscapes/mountains avatar because I love to hike, and I may be switching back to that soon.

Signature is accurate and damn funny.

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Lando with a blaster and a Colt 45. Awesome enough to keep long term. My signature hasn't changed much at all since the old forum. WWLD is what would Lando do and the other is my favorite line from Conan the Barbarian.