main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Day Today

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Debo, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I've been out, and had too many drinks. And what's worse, I drank all sorts of different things.

Now I feel horrible. Before I went out, I went to visit my uncle, and he's your typically gay artist. I sat there in a chair, and he talked, and talked, and talked. He played me the original version of "A Little Less Conversation", the Junkie XL remix, a live version from '68 -- and all the while giving a commentary. "Listen to THIS -- oh! This is sooo stupid it's unbelievable!"

Then, I went out. My ears were numb. I ran into my brother. He had lost 9,000 euro because of the stock crisis, and boy was I going to know about it. As if it was my bloody fault. I said, "Oh, f--k off, Gordon Gekko", and left him babbling on his own.

When I got to where I had to be (Leidseplein), I talked, listened, drank, listened, talked -- for 5 hours. All small talk.

How was YOUR day, fellow BB housemate?

EDIT: Oh, and if I'm annoying: just give me a punch in the face.

2. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    LOL... poor Casper. I can imagine how you feel.

My day was pretty uneventful... the power went out at our office again and a woman got trapped in the elevator because of it...

3. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    [image=http://www.urban75.com/Punch/Img/punch001.jpg]

;) :p

sounds like you had a pretty crazy day Casper...

my day has been very mediocre and uneventful. it's just way too hot here to do anything productive. i'm sweating just sitting here. bleh.

this is a great thread idea though. hopefully i'll have slightly more exciting days to tell you all about in the future. :D

4. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Awww, poor Casper! I hope tomorrow's better for you.

My day's been interesting. My financial aid didn't go through and it was a battle to get everything straightened out. I've filled out so many forms about taxes that my head is spinning, but in the end, the lady at Student Accounts decided that all the people that work for Financial Aid are "complete ninnies" and she said she'd put a note on my account that I should be allowed to begin the semester. I just dropped my little brother off at his fitness class and I think I may go take a shower. It's hot!

5. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    My day today is just starting, but I went to a bar and saw two local bands the other night. One was a guy named Kelly who usually fronts a band called Elroy, but he did a solo gig. The other band was called Halfway and they were a sort of pseudo-country band with 4 guitarists and a banjo/slide guitar player. Great stuff.

Didn't get drunk though, which is a surprise.

6. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'm going to get a drink now.

Got to travel to Amsterdam again. Feel better than yesterday. Wish me luck -- and help me wishing that cute brunette is there again! [face_love]

;)

7. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    My day was great so far.

I got into a fight with a customer at work. I won.

I was asking this man and his friends to leave the store because they are known to steal from us. So, after I ask this gentleman to leave he shoves me and punches me in the face and once in my ribs. So, I punched him in his face twice, then he was tackled by a co-worker that heard the noise coming from the aisle. While he was getting knocked to the ground I punched him twice more in the face and twice in his stomach. Adrenaline rush, big time.

I don't think that they'll be coming back anytime soon.

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Well, I've only been awake, but so far so good :D

Last night was my first night of training at Online Support. Seems like a really cool country. Found out I'll be able to surf the net when I'm not busy taking calls, which is cool.

Not much going on today, besides more training at work.

Tomarrow Tara is coming over to visit until Saturday afternoon, woohoo! Even though I gotta work tomarrow night from 6-12, but oh well.

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Had a couple of drinks again, but no nasty aftereffects this time.

Talked to a couple of old friends who had begun University the same year as me, but still have to do the whole fourth year and a couple of classes from year two and three. Were trying to act as if they were "living the fun student life", but are actually too stupid to get anywhere in life.

Also met Hoffer again -- he quit University to work for a newspaper. Has a 9-to-5 job now. Looked 50 all of a sudden.

10. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    My day hasn't been particularly interesting.

Got 4 hours of sleep last night and woke up at 8:30 this morning. My little brother helped me pack for my trip and then we went to the store together. When we came back he washed my car windows for which I gave him two dollars. Then he told me the story of how he got his precious rabbit pelt on his last camping trip. We watched Cowboy Bebop for about an hour and then my mother came home and I could leave. I drove about an hour to my dad's house. We dropped off my car at the mechanic, some papers at his clients', and then had lunch.

Now I'm here.

EDIT: I also clipped my nails. This is a huge thing for me because it's the first time in 18 years that I've been able to do it. I was biting them since I was two years old. I tried to break the habit hundreds of times. When I was 10, my dad even offered $10 for each fingernail that was long enough to clip. I finally did it! Someone's got some money he'd better pony up...

11. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Woohoo, Tash! Great achievement.

[image=http://www.neatone.com/nc-clip-2-dry.jpg]

12. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    congratulations Tash! :D

13. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Lol, thanks guys. Seems like a weird thing to celebrate though...clipping your nails. :D

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    [image=http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/soho/images/recovery/congratulations.jpg]

15. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I know exactly how you feel, Tash. I've been biting my nails for a long as I can remember. I don't do it as much anymore... only when I'm nervous or stressed, but they aren't long by any stretch of the imagination.

Okay, now I need time to vent a little, so please ignore this post if you don't want to hear my ranting and raving. ;)
    I interviewed and got approved for my U.S. permanent residency months ago, and was told that my green card would be sent to me. Well, I just got it in the mail yesterday, and those BOZOS had put my place of birth as "United Kingdom". Huh?? I never even mentioned the U.K. on my application. How can they mix it up with Canada? Because we both have the Queen on our currency? Now it turns out we have to go back for an appointment at the INS service center, fill out another form, and wait again until they correct it. My hubby and I both had to take next Tuesday off from work to do this... precious time out of our lives because of their mistake.
    It's no wonder terrorists are evading these people. [face_plain]

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Pffff.... bureaucrats.

Punch them for me, Meg!

17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    haha, at least they didn't say you were from Mexico, or maybe Japan, or something else totally wrong.

18. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I will, Casper! ;) Uggh... I just hope it doesn't take them another couple of months to get me a new card. I am going to Canada at the end of August, and I was hoping to have my documention by then.

Heheheh... I'm surprised they didn't put India, since that's where my hubby was born. :p

19. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Decided to post a reply tonight...

It's about midnight here. Today I went to an Adobe seminar in the morning, basically to get myself out of work, but it was midly enjoyable. Tonight I tried watching the opening of the Commonwealth Games, but got invited out, so that all went to crap. So, I bequeath thee now, the rules of Sil's drunken behaviour:

After 3 pints, I'm happy as, and chatting to strangers about everything and generally enjoying life. Usually I stop after 3 pints so I can get up in the morning.

After 6 pints, I'm very happy and usually very placid as well. Lots of beer make Sil a good girl. ;)

So, I'm sitting here after a few pints and I realise I should write my hopes for the future piece because otherwise it would be some trite bit of literature that I would deny writing, so on. on. ;)

20. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Today, I went for a row with Juliette, someone I know from University, in the big lake nearby.

I've got a small rubber boat, so we had to cram ourselves in it, feet on each other's shoulders so to speak, but it was nice and sunny and fun. It always gives me a thrill, rowing -- especially in the lake, which is quiet and has rows of trees surrounding it.

So that was nice.

21. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    that sounds wonderful Casper! :)

once again i'm stuck at work , so nothing to report here [face_plain]

it's not really that bad, i'd probably just be posting here if i was home anyway :D

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    This weekend Tara came over. She got in on Friday afternoon, but we only had about an hour together before I had to work. I got home a little after midnight, spent the night watching movies ....

She was supposed to go home yesterday afternoon, but we got a little caught up going for a walk in the park in town, and she missed the bus by like 5 minutes. So she had to spend another night. Darn ;)

Anyhoo, dropped her off 30 seconds before the bus left this morning. Sucks for her, because she had to be at work at 11am when the bus got to her city at 10:45. So she was a bit late. And had to work 10 hours :(

Luckily, she has tomorrow off (IIRC) so she can sleep in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.