Your Desktops

Discussion in 'FF:UK - Wales' started by Lord_IceMan, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You entered that into the wallpaper competition didnt you? :D
  2. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ha ha yeah I did!
    Unfortunately not every loves the Grand Admiral as much as I do...
    What can I say? Timothy Zahn is my favourite SW author! :p
  3. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice wallpaper though.

I like the design. Dark, simple and powerful.

Reminds me of me! :)
  4. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah I thought I recognised it, I run that contest see. :p I've never been into EU much really, although I got hooked on the Jedi Apprentice series of books, and read a few of the Jedi Quest ones but never stuck with them.
  5. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    See, I was bought up on the OT... And when I was 8 tried reading TTT, (Thrawn Trilogy...) and I had a bit of a rough time working out if Thrawn was evil or not. Read it when I was 14, (and then 16... AGAIN) and REALLY admired Thrawn....
    SO READ IT! :p
  6. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    As a fan of Thawn, what do you feel he adds to the SW universe?

While I enjoyed the books, I wouldn't have said that they were a patch on the movies in any way shape or form. But as far as EU goes, I guess they're the best of the bunch.

But what is it about Thawn that you think made the story so good.
  7. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked the way he was seen as some sort of evil dictator, yet he was so refined and in SQ, OBF and ME you see different aspects of him.
    He was an outcast in his society, and he strives to be let back in his community, to save them. But it's opposing views to them that is his undoing...

He's just a refined articulate guy.
    What woman/girl DOESN'T like that!?
    :p
  8. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    How perceptively thoughtful, it seems to me that you are a fine dilettante and the product of considerable artistry in the analysis of Thrawn?s grandee and his didactic exposition and parse of cultural data, giving the conclusions a prima facie credibility.

:cool:
  9. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Show off. :p
  10. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Took me 4 hours to write that!

;)

Thinking about starting a new thread by the way...

"Odj posts too much"

[face_thinking]

Keep it coming. We're gonna kick those haggis muching, skirt wearing, ginger arses!
  11. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Horah thats what I'm aiming for. :p
  12. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, that thread is going back a bit. But I do remember it, and that's what I was referencing. It was a very catchy thread title and I thought i'd try and get my own back.

Looking at that thread, I hardly recognise any of the names that posted there. All diappeared into the FFUK netherworld it would seem.

Wonder if you still have twice as many posts as me though?
  13. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whats interesting is that even though that thread is going back a bit its only on like page 4 or 5. [face_worried]

Um... well I registered before you so I am bound to have more posts than you. :p Oh btw that username I was mentioning at the meet up was this one, registered a year before this one.
  14. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Only a month before me. [face_mischief]

I've actually closed the gap somewhat.

I now have 3500 posts and you have 6500.

Time to start looking over your shoulder dude!
  15. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hah you wont be able to catch me up for at least a month so I've got time. :p Anyway, at this rate we'll both be having a huge jump in post counts.
  16. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since it's taken me 4 years to get to this number of posts, it's a good bet that it's going to take me another 4 to get up to your level!

My downfall is that I only really post on the Welsh forum, and that's not exactly the busiest in the world now is it? ;)

Never really got into the JCC and the FFUK main forum can be a little cliched and obvious at times, so it's nice to take a break.
  17. rhi-sparks Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have less posts than BOTH of you!
    [face_talk_hand]
  18. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah yea thats probably your problem, I post in FanArt, FanFilms, Comms, and some other places randomly but those are the main ones.
  19. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Well you have only been registered for 5 months, but you have a very good total going so far.

Keep it up and you'll be flying past me in a matter of months.

But personally I believe in quality over quantity.

No post with just "o_O" for me!
  20. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So why dont you stick to it then? :p I keed I keed. :p
  21. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    lol Great thread idea - may copy it for the North.

[image=http://www.theukagency.com/images/desktop.jpg]
  22. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! Megatron has always been my favourite.

Now that Peter Cullen has the gig of voicing Prime in the new movie, I only hope Frank Welker gets the part of Megarton.

In my opinion his voice is more important that Prime's. Prime was always a fairly bland, normal voice, but megatron's was so unique, it would be criminal for anyone else to do it.
  23. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Totally agree with you. I doubt anyone else can do that husky threatening voice. But any bod can do Prime. Curious to see who they get to do Starscream - someone who can screech I guess lol
  24. Welshguy Jedi Master

star 4
    That was my problem with the other generations of Transformers. Without Welker's voice, Mergatron was just a hackneyed, OTT bad guy. Welker made Megatron an evil and wicked character, rather than just the bland bad guy he became in later episodes.

The only other version of Megatron I didn't mind so much was Leonard Nimoy's version of him in the movie. I know technically it was a different character, but Nimoy seemed to be doing an impression of Welker, rather than his own thing, which is why I think it worked.

So if Welker doesn't get the gig, i'd be happy to see it going to Nimoy. Although thinking about it, someone like Jeremy Irons would be pretty good at the part too. Or maybe even Anthony Hopkins!

Though I have a bad feeling its going to go to someone like Brad Pitt.

25. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Anthony Hopkins, hmmm! Yeah that would work.

Brad Pitt - no way, surely note, Hot Rod maybe, but Megatron :eek: Last time I felt this sick was when I decided to watch an episode of Beastwars, which I admit I got into in the end, but only because i had Transformers withdrawal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.