main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Desktops

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Lord_IceMan, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Still no news on the voice of Megatron, which you got to think isn't good. If they have decided on Prime's original voice by now, they would have also have decided on Megatron's. It can only leave you with the conclusion that they've decided to go in a different direction. :_|

Did you see that animatic from the set of the movie that found its way online Goaway? It looks pretty much like you would imagine, but it's still nice to see.

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Anamatics = not very good for reference to what the final movie will look like imo. All you get is the general box look of what its going to be like and I think we all know what a tranformer looks like.

3. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Maybe they can't get who they want for Megatron :( Or they are madly searching for that cigar smoking tone.

I've seen several weird CGI tests around - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee being the main ones. But think they are fan made. Otherwise, nope, not seen anything official apart from the way too non-Transformer teaser - couldn't we just have had a glimpse of metal :p

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've been following the development of the Transformers movie closely and it would seem that director Michael Bay doesn't want the impact of seeing a Transformer on the big screen reduced by constant high profile spoilers in trailers and the like. I'm sure that if he had his way, we wouldn't get to see one of the robots till the movie came out, but due to marketing and fan demand, we'll probably get a sneak peak some time around Christmas.

Still praying for Welker!!

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I hate the way that marketers for movies put huge spoilers in trailers sometimes (e.g. darth vader in the ep3 trailers). If I was making a movie I would demand that nothing spoilerish would be seen in the trailers.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I suppose there is a lot to be said for keeping the best stuff till the movie. It's a fine balancing act between whetting the fans appitite and showing them 95% of the money shots.

The birth of Vader being a prime example. That should have been kept for the movie.

Lets hope the trailer only features the Transformers in their earth vehicle mode.

7. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Yea I mean they showed 75% of the vader scenes in the movie in the trailers. Thats alot.

I doubt they will, as you said, they need those money shots.

8. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Totally agree re spoilers. Tbh, I think seeing them in earth vehicle form or just a hint of metal not the whole Transformer would be good.

I think the biggest spoiler to date has to be the soundtrack for Episode 1 - was totally, utterly annoying as I'd managed, for the first time ever to go spoiler free until seeing that soundtrack, bah!

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Totally agree with you about the CD.

I mean having a track called "Qui-Gon dies" kind of gives away the story a little.

As does having a friend who watched the movie on a pirate video before it came out in this country and letting slip that Maul dies. Git.

I remember reading about the trailer for the Densil Washington movie "The Bone Collector".

It had a voice over the the killer taunting Densil's character about not being about to catch him. Nothing wrong with that if the voice was disguised ala the Jigsaw in Saw, but the voice was very distinctive and if you had ever seen Alien Resurection, you would have known that it was the guy who has a alien inside him and held that army guy when it burst out of his chest at the end. You know the one I mean right?

Well anyway, that was a major spoiler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.