main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Your dream novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Sith Harloxzz, Dec 24, 2017.

1. I would love to read a novel of Dooku and written by James Luceno a novel that begins in his time as a Padawan and ends with the death of Dooku in Episode III

I would also like to read a novel about the origins of the Sith Order
    What type of novel do you want to read?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
    Chancellor Yoda, Game3525 and kalzeth like this.
  2. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    To be honest, I might give a different answer every time I am asked this question. Since we're getting a lot of standalone character origin novels (Tarkin, Thrawn, Phasma etc), I would like to see an Ackbar novel. I think he's a very interesting character and his military background and Mon Calamari history would be fascinating to explore.

I agree that a Dooku novel would be awesome. I remember there being some enjoyable scenes with Dooku in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. A whole novel devoted to Dooku could really dig into his life story. Personally, I never fully understood why Dooku isn't more popular with fans. Christopher Lee lent some real gravitas to the character.

cthugha and kalzeth like this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I guess anything written by Matt Stover for nucanon, either some sort of Luke centric novel that covers similar ground as Shadows of Mindor and Dark Empire, or a Ben centric novel, or both.

4. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Something about Luke and Ben. Honestly, I'd like a trilogy focused on them. Give Han and Leia their own story arc as well and then you have a perfect NEU trilogy. The only problem would be a possible intersection with Bloodline. But that can be rectified in numerous ways (have Bloodline be in a time jump between books, not deal with Ben's fall, or just don't have Han and Leia in one of the books). A Snoke novel would be a lot of fun as well and something dealing with the Imperial Remnant in the unknown regions immediately after the Aftermath Trilogy.

For more tied to the OT, I'd like a book dealing with the Mid Rim Campaign before Battlefront and another Inferno Squad book. A Mon Mothma novel dealing with senate intrigue and managing the Alliance would also be wonderful. Along similar lines, a Palpatine book (actually a Duology or trilogy) dealing with the early Empire and/or the Galactic Civil War would be pretty fun. Lastly, I really want a book focused on Operation Cinder and something dealing with the other battles for Naboo.

I know this is a lot of books, but this last year of stories has given me a lot of dream novels. I can't keep it down to one or even a few.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  5. Jedi of Mandalore

Jedi of Mandalore Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Novels discussing the foundation of the Sith and Jedi. Yes, I've already read a lot of the "legends" stuff but I would like a cohesive history put together for the canon.

Another obvious one would be the KOTOR world. I feel like just establishing the world opens up endless amount of stories that can be created for the novels/comics.

I would also like more novels that are targeted towards adults. There is no reason why we can't have a "rated R" novel. Distinguish that it is not for kids and let us see the truly dark side of the universe. I feel bringing Boba Fett back into the fold or even a curveball with Jango could give us a character that is sure to bring in $ for Disney and also a great way to establish the mature audience target demographic. Leave the cute animals and droids for the flicks and let us have the underworld.

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Being as I am an old EU fan my dream novels would be old eu novels.

A grand novel trilogy-with many POVs from the Dawn of the Jedi era(perhaps even before) to post legacy. Perhaps with the prologue being from the celestials point of view. It would tie in all the old eu lore and stories and be epic, grand, and amazing

7. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    1. Dooku book by Luceno
    2. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon adventure
    3. Luke book 1-5 years after ROTJ

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Basically, my dream Star Wars books were NJO and Claudia Gray's Bloodline, but I guess there can always be more.

1. A early New Republic -centered novel featuring the adventures of General Syndulla. Say, a Rogue Squadron of the new canon.
    2. Luke starting the new Jedi in the new canon. Or, pretty much anything post-ROTJ Luke.
    3. If Legends are ever continued (hope dies last), I'd love to get Sword of the Jedi, or at least some kind of ending that would round up the pre-Disney timeline.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A novel staring an adventure against a new enemy (not First Order related) that involves the Solo Family and Luke.

10. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    A novel about the Star Wars equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials.

cthugha likes this.
  11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Not "dream" novels, exactly, but ones I'd like to see...

A Padmé novel, between TPM and AotC.
    A Lando novel. Pre-Solo.
    A Dooku novel, not by Luceno.
    A nucanon Rogue Squadron novel (or novels) between ANH and ESB (or RotJ).
    A Lando and Lobot novel. Pre-ESB.
    A Lor San Tekka Indiana Jonesesque novel. With Luke. And Aphra?
    Escape from Dagu. Why not?
    A Lando novel. Post-RotJ. What's he been up to?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Barriss_Coffee and Amon_Amarth like this.
  12. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Yes! A padme novel. I've been dying for one. I bet someone like Claudia Grey could do it justice.

Endor_boy likes this.
  13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Apparently, they're making a Padme novel. Its unconfirmed, since it was announced via a leak, but I'm hopeful.

J_K_DART likes this.
  14. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    I would like this as a movie too, but a Star Wars version of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly starring Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and one of the other Star Wars bounty Hunters.

15. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Greedo, of course

16. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    It's hard to believe that after all these years, there's NEVER been a Padme centered novel. That just seems like a massive oversight that's thankfully finally getting corrected. Do we know anything about it yet. Author, timeframe, etc?

17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    12-book teenage Palpatine YA series by Jude Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Dooku
    Young Qui Gon
    Qui gon with obi apprentice
    More TCW jedi stories
    Jango Fett origin story
    Snoke backstory
    Grievous backstory

If legends was allowed
    Sword of the Jedi
    Legacy post script
    Darth zannah And cognus
    Darth Ruin

19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Okay here's mine:
    Fiction:
    - Dooku novel (with his first name being a Star Wars spelling of Christopher lol).
    - Canon Rogue Squadron novel set between ANH and 5 ABY (Jakku).
    - Novel that ends the Clone Wars or novella that latches onto what I believe is a thread that they put in at the end of Season 5 and has evolved into my head canon (i.e. Force sensitive Jedi imposters working against the Jedi and the Republic war effort - Barriss being one of their first victims [after all Luminara was absent from all background shots]).
    Non-Fiction:
    - Updated and canon Virtual Dictionaries and Incredible Cross-Sections for the first six films (preferably each separated and not combined).
    - Updated and canon Visual Guide for the Clone Wars (split by S1-3, S3.5-5, Lost Missions).
    - Canon guide to the Battle of Endor - rosters for squadrons using Canon and Legends names, numbers on each fleet size, ship names with captains, Han Solo's strike team, Imperial compliment, Ewoks, reports from individuals i.e. at least one pilot, one strike team member, one fleet captain per side).

20. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    1) Dooku
    2) Snoke
    3) Qui Gon
    4) Darth Bane
    5) Padmé

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yes! A Padme novel is definitely overdue. There was a Clone Wars Adventures comic where Padme does some undercover investigation. Anything like that would be fun. Or a political story, a la Bloodline. The character has a lot of potential, and as much as I actually o like the Prequels, they did't do her justice.

More Lando would also be fun! I'm hoping for tie in novels to Solo spin-off next year.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  22. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    A Coruscant novel with two storylines:
    • a cyberpunk-ish one that really makes use of the size of the city, its literal depth (different sociomes at different levels), the density of population and intersecting stories there, different species and their habitats / ghettos, etc.;
    • and one revolving around the Imperial Court, with intrigue and politics and funny hats and all that Jello stuff.
    That would be the best of both worlds for me -- both what I love about Star Wars and what I miss in Star Wars. (It's also what I hoped Coruscant Nights would be, when I first saw the title. Boy was I disappointed.)

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Freedon Nadd by James Luceno

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It would have to be Zahn doing a Luke/Mara and Ben Skywalker Novel - although it also might be to much of a reminder of what we are missing

25. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    That’s a freaking awesome one

darklordoftech likes this.