main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Your dream Star Wars playset for action figures***

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by _Xanatos_, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Okay this is where people can talk about ideas for playsets and such or remaking playsets for action figures.

I recently thought about how in the movie Arthur with Dudly Morre he has a fish tank above his bathtub that is in the wall and has these remote control subs and the whole fish tank castle and fish thing going.

I also thought about Star Wars at the same time ansd fused an idea like that but ahve a huge massive replica of Otah Gunga with all the figures inside and having remote control Gungan sub and sea creatures made that can attack the sub if such features were available.

If not in the bathroom than somewhere else. But it would also have interior lighting inside the little globe things that recharged so you wanted have to drain out the water and keep changing batteries.

Then with it add John Williams music of course.

2. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    There is a thread similar to this ;)

Anyway, I want a Giant Death Star 2 playset similar to the Vintage playset :D

And I want Very Badly a Giant Cloud City/Bespin playset with all the rooms Vader & Luke dueled in :D
    The bridge, the room with the Window, a better Freeze Chamber, Everything! ;) :D

And a new Dagobah playset with Yoda's hut & the cave :D

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Han and Leia honeymoon scene. Major articulated Leia. heheh sorry, I'm at work and am really not in the mood for work.

4. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I would want a Bespin Duel playset. It would have a landing platform, junk room for Ugnauts, a dining hall, cells, a torture chamber, and of course...the carbon freeze chamber!

I'd estimate this playset costing somewhere around $150.00

But it would be worth every penny!

5. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    a bespin one would be great. and, yes, it would totally be worth it, no matter what it cost if it was done well.

i'd like an interchangeable interlocking mos espa or mos eisley. dozens of different scenes with some cool exclusive action figures enclosed and lots of cool details. some moisture vaporators would be a requirement.

6. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    I have seen the Vintage Endor Playset, I would prefer to make a newer one and have the trees look more real and a battle ground apart from it to put the shield generator and AT-ST's. As well as have the Ewok traps.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I would love to take those old Micro worlds sets they used to have for the die-cast SW figures and make replicas for the 3 3/4" figures.

[image=http://www.neweyestudio.com/ebayJ/ebj130.jpg] [image=http://www.ncf.ca/~cn333/hothworld.jpg] [image=http://www.ncf.ca/~cn333/deathstarworld.jpg]

8. khairul_azwan

khairul_azwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    death star conference room with sound chip feature - plug in a vader in force choke pose and he goes: i find your lack of faith disturbing. motti grabs his throat in pain, motorized.

ooh, ooh, and vincent price in slippers!

haw!haw!

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I would want a great pit of carkoon playset. I've always wanted to reenact that scene. It would come with tons of Jabba's guard figures that we don't have yet. It would have the second skiff with all its guards included. It would be one hell of a playset.

10. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Can anyone say "Duel of the Fates?" I'm thinking the whole area where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fought Darth Maul in Episode I.........SWEEEEEEEET......

OR perhaps a "Clone Wars" playset where there would be like the Geonosis area where the first battle of the Clone Wars took place in Episode II........OR a Raxus Prime playset like from the video game SW Clone Wars......yeah......that would totally jack it up to a new level......

11. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    nicktosrule:yeah,I remember about 4 years ago I sugessted to hasbro thaat they make a pit of carkoon playset,but they said they wern't allowed to take ideas like that,sence they have the design team.oh well.

stormchewiejedi:yeah,duel of the fates would be great! :D

I would like a jedi temple,compleat with the concil chamber,and arcives! :D

12. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    StormChewieJedi

A Theed Hangar playset(where the battle started) was made when TPM came out. You can find them on eBay now I think.

And a Geonosis arena is currently available in stores. As for the "assembly area" where the war really got going, that would be one huge playset.

13. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Okeyday, some of these already have been made into playsets, but they need to be remade:
    TPM:
    The generator duel room from the Phantom Menace
    AOTC:The landing pad duel (the whole pad, not just two columns)
    ANH:
    The Mos Eiesly cantina
    A better Milineum Falcon lounge
    Ginourmous Death Star (the hanger, the detention block, the big shaft, a corridor, a place to join up the trash compactor playset, ect ect
    the Yavin base
    ESB:Hoth base (with wampa cave)
    Dagobah swamp
    Ginourmous Bespin playset (crbon chamber, dining hall, catwalk, big window, ect)
    ROTJ:
    Jabba's throne room w/Rancor pit
    Carkoon pit w/sail barge
    Ewok village
    Imperial bunker
    Emporer's throne room

oh, and Yoda's Swingin' Pad. :)

14. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    There is a thread similar to this

yes, and it was made by yours truly but i can find it, oh well

15. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    What about a Pit of Carcoon with Jabba's sail barge playset? Something similar to the movie set with the Sail Barge attached permanently to the base which is essentially a tan funnel with the Sarlac at the bottom.

As a kid we would bury a plastic cup in the sand to represent the Sarlaac, and have characters tumbble into it.

16. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    What about a Dexter Diner?

17. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    "I would love to take those old Micro worlds sets they used to have for the die-cast SW figures and make replicas for the 3 3/4" figures."

right on, RoG!!! this is an idea i've had, too. the sets would be HUGE and maybe unwieldy, but they'd be AWESOME!!!

18. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I want scale-sized playsets for the 3 3/4" vehicles ;)

1/4 mile of plastic Death Star trench for my X-Wing :)

An entire city block of Coruscant cityscape for Zam & Anakin's speeders...complete with extra speeders for traffic :D

A space slug the size of a house to swallow a Millenium Falcon :p

19. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I want a Jawa Droid Factory so bad I can't hardly stand it.

Others would include...

Dagobah
    Cloud City
    Lars Homestead
    Cantina molded out of plastic with fun accessories like the vintage one had. I found the cardboard one to be lacking.

20. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    RolandofGilead!!!!! EXACTLY! :D

I LOVED the micromachine Bespin playsets!!!! :D It was my favorite SW toy in the world as a kid!! :D ;) I should have just said what you said! :D

I would also Love Pit of Carkoon, Jabba's sail barge & a bigger Theed hangar playset ;)

Annnnnd a Bigger Better Millennium Falcon, Remember it's a Vehicle/Playset :D Twice as big at least!! ;) :D

21. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    "1/4 mile of plastic Death Star trench for my X-Wing "

"A space slug the size of a house to swallow a Millenium Falcon."

now THAT'S ambitious!!! the imagination needs no boundaries. go all out people!!! i love reading stuff like this!

when i think about how i sometimes want to make 12" scale dioramas, this would be....well....scary!!! but super-frickin' cool.

i really want a cool playset of the arena on geonosis. hasbro's playset was cool, but nowhere near big enough for my tastes. i want to do a 3 3/4 inch scale arena with five foot high walls. something the size of a swimming pool. i mean BIG!!!

"I would also Love Pit of Carkoon, Jabba's sail barge & a bigger Theed hangar playset"

ditto!!! i was messing aroung with my theed hangar playset yesterday and kept thinking how it was way too small.

22. _Xanatos_

Feb 18, 2003
    What if the DS playset became an enormous playset that was bigger than a barbie dollhouse, like so huge that you can sit in it and it will still be big.

It would have a big hangar, connecting rooms,etc.

A DS2 playset that was similar but really articulated in the unconstructed areas would be nice. With a glow effect of the core generator.

And it would glow orange and yellow if you wanted to have the Falcon fly out of the shaft from the fire.

What about Darth Vader's Star Destroyer that was almost as long as a car with an area that the falcon could attach to.

23. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    When we were kids, we used to pretend that my old apartment complex itself was the Second Death Star. We'd wind our way through all of it's walkways, carports, and stairs with our x-wings as we made our way to the central core. I want a DS playset you have to drive over and visit. :D

24. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    that's neat ROG! :D

25. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    now we're talking!!!

i think such a death star would be excellent. i seriously want to own a house where i can spread out and really go crazy in terms of scale. a room dedicated for each planet......stuff along those lines. i used to go to my grandmothers house when i was a kid. she lives on the mississippi gulf coast and her house is on the water. the beach and the sand became the biggest tattooine playset this side of tunisia!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.