main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Your drink, desire you not!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    That was great! Apparently Vader wants a regular Pepsi as he is on my 2 liter Pepsi bottle in the fridge, yet General Grievous prefers Mountain Dew. :D

3. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    Funny! I never knew a weird creature like Yoda love burger & fries too. Linda, where the Vader like Pepsi & Grevious love Mtn. Dew? Unless you made that up. :p

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL! That was too cute!

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    DarthNightwing posted on 5/2/05 9:38pm
    Funny! I never knew a weird creature like Yoda love burger & fries too. Linda, where the Vader like Pepsi & Grevious love Mtn. Dew? Unless you made that up. [face_tongue]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Vader is on the 2 ltr bottles of Pepsi and Grievous is on Mt Dew.

6. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    Thank, ManaByte. I thought Linda was refering of them appearing on the commerical. Guess I need to pay attention to the soda bottles, seeing as I don't drink soda much like I use to. :D

7. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2002
    I could let it bother me that they are going a little too far with using a full CG Yoda for marketing. He is an Icon of Star Wars second to none. Having him bogart soda is well, way beneath the character, actually a bit disrespectful you could argue.

He may be CG or a puppet, but I wouldnt have wanted to see Alec Guiness as Ben doing the same thing in a commercial.

But like I said, it could bother me if I let it. My spider sensed started tingling a little about this but Im going to just enjoy the ride.

8. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i felt the same way when walmart was using Vader and Chewie to pitch the OT DVDs last fall.

9. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I agree that LFL is lame to sell out to so many stupid add agencies that have nothing to do with Star Wars. But this commercial in particular is kinda cute, I chuckled.

10. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2002
    I might be more supportive if it were "Jawa Juice". They could have renamed cans of soda and had a little fun with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.