main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your earliest Star Wars memory

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Somewhere in the recesses of our brain is the very first time we were conciously or unconciously exposed to Star Wars. So what is that one moment for you?

For me, it would have to be from Empire Strikes Back, where Luke first met Yoda. According to my dad, I was excited because I thought I was watching a new character in Sesame Street.

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    For me it was watching ESB when I was 12 with some college kids.
    After that I was addicted.

Then I saw ROTJ
    Then ANH
    Then the PT in order

Still addicted.

3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Renting ANH from Blockbuster.

4. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    I remember watching the SE and i asked my dad every scene "is this a new scene? is this a new scene?" I was 5.

5. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Watching a new hope on tv as a kid. (Born after the trilogy so couldn't see it in the theaters when it originally came out)

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Being forced to watch the original Star Wars by my older brother who wanted to get me out of my disney phase. Naturally as an impressionable 9 year old girl I feel instantly in love with Han Solo. Two hours later after saying I did not and would not watch the film, I said I LOVE IT, and then promptly watched ESB and ROTJ. Prequel trilogy began to be released a year after I was first exposed to Star Wars.

7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    When I was 6 years old, I watched Ep. 2 with my dad. I felt asleep when Obi-Wan arrived on Kamino. (Typical me when I watch movies.) :p So when I watched that episode again when I was 11 years old, it reminded me that I had watched the episode before and that I felt asleep. :rolleyes:

8. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I remember Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan swimming to the Gungan City.I was scared because I didn't like Jar Jar.I was 5.

9. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    Luke on Tatooine. I saw it in german.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Playing with R2 and 3PO action figures on the floor of a friend's condo.

Laughing at the way Han Solo ran around the Death Star screaming. (I was 5 when "Star Wars" was released; that's my excuse.). The beginning of a lifelong girl-crush on Leia.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Earliest OT memory-not liking ESB
    Earliest PT memory-getting out of the car at home and screaming Best Movie ever after TPM
    Earliest EU memory-reading the Jedi Academy trilogy

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's one of my most favorite Han moments ever. That or the conversation he had over the comm with that Imperial on the Death Star and shooting the comm afterwards

13. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Going round to a friend's house to play while my Dad took my brothers to see ANH (or 'Star Wars' as it was called back then!) I was considered too young to watch a film that could be a bit scary. When ESB came out, I was old enough to watch it but I am sorry to say that I didn't think much of it :D

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh well, it is a vague conglomeration of action figures and tv adverts in 1976 or 1977 building up to the film release.

15. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    When I first watch ROTJ,I got goose bumps when everyone one in the moviehouse stood up and cheered when Darth Vader threw the emperor over to his death.

16. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    My earliest Star Wars memory... is my earliest memory. Yes, my very first memory ever is sitting with my Dad, watching ANH in a theater in 1977, when I was 4 years old. Which means I'm one of the few people who can literally say I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I remember watching A New Hope in the early summer of 1977 from the front row of a theater. Unfortunately, my Aunt got us to the theater late and we walked in as the Droids had just emerged from the escape pod on Tatooine.

18. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I was four when I was introduced to the saga, back in 1995, and I think I walked in once on my parents watching Star Wars. When I was shown the film (ANH) for the first time, the shot of the Arcona (Hem Dazon?) in the cantina, and various other parts of that scene, seemed familiar. I even asked my parents "have we seen this before?". It could have been a moment of deja vu, but I'd like to believe it wasn't :)

Of course my next memory was of the opening titles and reading "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" aloud.

19. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Your experience is very similar to mine experience, Kweh-Chan. Me and my older brother, looking at the magic.thegathering trading magical cards, and some star wars cards just happened to be right there amongst his collection!!!!

Kweh-chan likes this.
  20. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    Hiding behind my dads recliner when Darth Vader first made his appearance. That's the first memory I have of Star Wars. I think I was 3 or 4 years old at the time. I don't remember the exact year, but it was some time in the 80s.

benknobi1 likes this.
  21. Tevase2

Tevase2 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2011
    My dad sat me down in front of the TV to watch Star wars: A New Hope, i think i was 4 or 5. not that long ago really

22. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I was six and on my way to see my first adult movie (which at the time was just called Star Wars and now goes by the name of A New Hope) with my dad at a movie theater that no longer exists - an RKO on Fordham Road in the Bronx. We sat in the balcony and I loved every second of the film. So much so, that I came home and read the book and pestered my mother so much about it that we saw it again the following week!

23. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I was probably about 5 years old and I remember my aunt and uncle had come by starw ars was on. I remember the part where the storm troopers were entering the ship and there was a lot of smoke and the storm troopers came through it.

24. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    My first concept of Star Wars was that many people liked it.
    This was before I knew any of it.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ironically enough, I didn't like Star Wars at all when I was little. It was the early 90s and I was 6 years old and on vacation with my family at Disney World. We were at Hollywood Studios (then called Disney-MGM Studios) and we were standing outside the Star Tours attraction. I remember viewing the giant AT-AT for the first time and seeing the mural with Threepio and the others featured on it. I then turned to my dad and told him that I didn't want to go on that ride because "it was stupid." I also regret turning down a vintage ROTJ t-shirt from a neighbor for the same reason. :rolleyes:

Little did I know years later that I would be completely hooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.