main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your essential five spin-offs....

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Dartht Punk, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I suppose so but during the retcon of 2013, seeing Legends bashing posts on Reddit and videos have Skippy the Droid as the centerpiece of their argument made me want to tear my hair out back then. Haha

DarthIshyZ, spicer and Amon_Amarth like this.
  2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah very few people seem to be familiar with what Infinities are, even the self proclaimed EU fans. Just the other day in the queue at Celebration Europe someone brought up Visionaries comics and people either a) didn't know about it, b) commented that "inconsistencies like that is why Legends failed". Which is ridiculous imo, Infinities had nothing to do with the Legends timeline and that is their whole point. Fun, creativity and homage.
    And I would have expected more people knowing that, at least at the nerdy convention.

But my overall feeling from SWCE was s that the fandom is much more casual nowdays, at least compared to the Celebration in 2007...

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I agree, but Infinities did have some great storylines. I remember one toon where Vader battled Maul... as orchestrated by Sidious. At the end Maul, incredulous, asked "What could you hate so much you could defeat me?" Vader simply replied, "Myself."

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

4. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Yeah, I can empathize with that. To be honest, that's what happens when a new film is released. People pretend to know everything about Star Wars and proceed to show their ignorance regarding things like canonicity.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That was one of the few early SW Tales stories to specifically get canonized, moving it out of Infinities:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

Amon_Amarth and DarthIshyZ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.