main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Your Expectations for Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GuardianSoulBlade, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Good idea joining the SPOILER forum.

2. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004
    J.J.'s Star Trek '09 was the best Star Wars movie of the last 30 years, so I'm expecting a crowd-pleasing film. I think he gets "awe-inspiring" film-making, and that's a big key to the magic that propelled ANH into cinematic history.

TX-20 and PymParticles like this.
  3. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    J.J.'s Star Trek was my first Star Trek movie and I liked it, so I'm sure I'll enjoy Episode VII.

SithedMyPants likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Honest question: what, precisely, are you so angry about?

5. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    My expectations:

1. John Williams score will be legendary just like him; I expect to get another "Binary Sunset"/"Duel of the Fates" score which will be awe inspiring.
    2. That Daisy Ridley and John Boyega will ascend to stardom after this movie they will go from unknowns to worldwide stars in a matter of days; there performances on scene will rival Harrison Ford/Mark Hamill's in "ANH"
    3. Han Solo will die, because of this "Force Awakens" will be remembered as the "Han Solo" movie (if the rumors are true [face_dunno])
    4. JJ Abrams will bring his usual style of storytelling and visual effects but I think the story he puts forth will be hard to overcome (based on rumors)
    5. I will never forgive George Lucas for selling the franchise; Why because I think the critical backlash I forsee will ruin Star Wars in many fans eyes.
    6. That Luke Skywalker will not have a legacy, no Jedi Order, no apprentice (so to speak) and no active role in this movie and the trilogy as a whole.

Because of the above mentioned I believe this film will not succeed.

edit: It will be a monetary success but the movie will suck!

6. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Not angry. The MSW synopsis is very well written, I enjoyed reading it. But, I do get annoyed with people who read it, then say the movie will suck based on a Synopsis that is based on rumors and conjecture written in a format that even if accurate only tells the outline without any depth.

If someone wrote the same type of synopsis about ANH before it released it would sound boring. It was the characters and environments that brought it to life neither of which anyone will know if they pulled off until people actually see it.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    how sad.

8. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I expect it to be darker than ROTS, have a bigger twist than TESB whilst being as joyous as ROTJ. If it fails to hit these key criteria... Well then...

No, really though it's Star Wars, what else can we fans expect apart from an enjoyable film which stays true to Star Wars values?

Seeher likes this.
  9. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Im taking 8 cans of stella with me so i expect im going to have a good time no matter what

10. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I expect...

1. Great performances from the cast.
    2. A really fun sense of humor and playfulness.
    3. A LOT of nostalgia (possibly to the point of overkill).
    4. Fast-paced action.
    5. A general sense of awe and magic.
    6. It will please general moviegoers and divide fans.
    7. John Williams will turn in one of his best Star Wars scores.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I'm trying hard not to let the hype get the better of me. I'd rather go into this film with lowered expectations and come out being happily surprised than walk in thinking it's going the be second coming, and leave in disappointment.
    That said, I'm expecting a solidly entertaining film, with a likeable new cast. And of course I'm hoping that seeing the old cast again will have been worth the wait.

12. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    I expect a thoroughly entertaining movie. I mean, come on, it's bloody Star Wars! The people involved would have to be pretty stupid to mess that up. And there are a number of fans working on it and a company that knows how to make money financing it. The rumors don't have me worried at all--grain of salt. Plus, as a number of you have already mentioned, a John Williams score; that by itself is worth the price of admission. As far as details of what I expect to see in the film, nothing really, beyond what we've seen in the teasers: likable new heroes, cool new villains, awesome old heroes, visual candy. And a big smile on my face.

13. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  14. Sith_Sword

Sith_Sword Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2004
    I expect it to wipe the bitter taste of those abomination Prequel films away.....at least I hope it does.

SgtTimBob likes this.
  15. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    That's exactly what I thought about Prometheus.

It's Ridley Scott!! And he's got Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, and Charlize Theron!!!! How could they possibly screw that up?

16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm just glad I get to buy the ticket and take the ride.

Seeher and PymParticles like this.
  17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, I wrote it, and it's based on both official information and MSW rumors. And when I wrote it (and when I read it now) it gets my imagination racing. So I think it's a good story. But because so much is missing, enjoying it really does require the ability to visualize these scenes, and imagine the actors playing them out (sans dialogue).

Also, I would say the synopsis is based on far more than rumors as you would normally define them. A significant number of MSW rumors have already been validated by official information, so I believe much of this synopsis will come to pass.

But there's a lot we still don't know. Not the least of which is the dialogue. We have almost no dialogue to work with.

Immortiss and Flapjack4 like this.
  18. Homesick-Moose

Homesick-Moose Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2015
    A minor expectation, based on MSW's synopsis, and not necessarily a personal desire:

Rose (Maz) = Halla (Splinter of the Mind's Eye, by the same author who is adapting TFA screen play into a novel, as he did with ANH).

Immortiss likes this.
  19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    As a fan and defender of the Prequels and a fan of Luke Skywalker, I have a lot of concerns about this movie. That said, the first two teasers are just great and a lot of what they are doing I know I'll love. I don't expect it to be as good as ANH, ESB or ROTS, I'm hoping it's as good as ROTJ.

If it has the little quirky and unique touches that sets Star Wars apart, I'll love it. There's movies, then there's Star Wars.

20. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The script is really what did that one in. I think so long as Abrams and Kasdan wrote something that really works, we'll be in good shape.

Darth Calvin and Xinau like this.
  21. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

Agree completely, on both points.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I expect a new episode, continuing the Skywalker Saga. And I expect I will enjoy it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Too high for my own good, I'm affraid. My friends laugh at me saying "this is gonna be 1999 all over again!". I hope they're wrong.

I'm nerding out on TFA, badly. When I saw Han and Chewie on the trailer I almost **** my pants. They got me right where they want . . . it's easy to get carried away and expect the best cineamtic exerience since 1977, which is impossible.

I'm rambling. Still, I think it's very likely that I'll be disappointed. Hell, it's probably impossible for me to be pleased with a new Star Wars movie at this point. I'm excited but I know this film doesn't really make sense. Even ROTJ didn't make that much sense, to be honest. Bring in the hate.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Damon Lindelof.

Xinau likes this.
  25. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    well, like I said I had little issue with what written and more of an issue with people with little or no imagination who concluding that if the synopsis is accurate (which I think will end up being pretty close at least for act 1, act 3 is where you used your imagination more) that the movie will suck. Some are trolls I get it, but some of these people literally do have the ability to create the scene in their minds, which wear my comment about how to someone like this a synopsis for any SW would sound pretty drab, particularly the OT.

Andy Wylde likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.