main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Your Eyes Aren't Blue Anymore -- Dark Luke, Mara -- sequel teaser up 5/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight_Aragorn, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    :eek: I wonder how Mara found out that little tidbit of information... very interesting.

Great Post, as always. Post Soon.

2. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    How does Mara know about Leia and not Luke? Though I doubt Luke knowing that Leia is his sister would change his decision. Poor Luke seems to be too far gone for that.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Oh yes... [face_love] Dark!Luke

And Mara is up to something... but for the life of me I have no idea...

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    â??Oh, Luke,â?? she said, very quietly and in pain. â??Oh, Luke."

That pretty much sums it up for me. Why do I have the feeling that Luke will find out about his sister, anyway?

5. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I'll start by saying that I don't usually read Dark-Luke. But this is so good. I really like it.

So Mara told Leia that she and Luke were twins. Where did she find out? But it was a good decision. [:D]
    Myra

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    WOW! :eek:

I don't know what else to say because I'm simply blown away (ugh, how inadequate THAT sounds)

So, WOW again.

Blood and lust and fire swirled beneath his eyelids, the ghosts of murdered children driving icy fingers deep into his brain. His body hummed with need, need to hurt to kill to despoil to dominate, anything to ease the agony, to lose his pain in the blood of others.

But he stayed where he was, head in his hands. Drowning.

Eventually the pain would subside or be sated, and the loathing and the disgust would fade, and he would be able meet his own eyes in the mirror once more and not flinch in revulsion. The pain would be there still ? it was always there ? but he would be beyond it.

He would subvert himself to the mindless dark and it would wash the horrors away as it always had, and always did. Until the next time

What a perfect description of Luke! Must have more... NOW!

7. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Wonderful.=D= You helped to make my day a bit better. I see a possible resolution to all of this, but I think it best to keep it to myself, so that I don't turn out to be wrong.:p It's always fun to have theories to see if they work.

You're descriptions are so tangible I can feel Luke's migraines, and I've never even had one. I love the imagery. I see it as this dark cloak that I can throw around myself and "see" through the characters eyes, "through the looking glass" so to speak. I must say YAY! for that.

Luke is in pain, Leia is confused/condemmed/disgusted, and Mara...well I haven't decided that yet.

I now have things to consider while waiting for the next post.

8. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh!! Poor Leia's babies!!

9. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Jedi_BMK: Thank you! :D

Although, now I have to wonder just how Mara learned the truth about Leia and why she doesn't think Luke should know.

We will find out how Mara gained that knowledge eventually. I?m writing a sequel from Mara?s POV that covers the years she was away. As for why Luke shouldn?t know ? he?s already very conflicted when it comes to Leia. Some part of him recognises the link between them, even if he doesn?t know what it is exactly. Finding out why it exists wouldn?t help any ? in fact, it would probably make things worse. But it was important that Leia know...

AG88: [face_blush] Thank you. Glad you?re enjoying the story.

Killik_Twilight: *passes tissues* It?s a bit that way. :p Ah, angst. Thanks for reading!

Stargazer-19: I wonder how Mara found out that little tidbit of information...

Considering not even Vader knew, it is pretty strange. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Anais: How does Mara know about Leia and not Luke? Though I doubt Luke knowing that Leia is his sister would change his decision. Poor Luke seems to be to far gone for that.

Makes you wonder.... :D And you're right about Luke being too far gone for his relationship to Leia to change his mind. Thanks for reading.

RedGold: Yes, very dark Luke. :p Mara?s saving Luke, remember? [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

Darth_Ishtar: Why do I have the feeling that Luke will find out about his sister, anyway?

.... or that he already knows on some level? [face_thinking] We?ll see. :) Thanks for reading.

Mirax_Corran: I'll start by saying that I don't usually read Dark-Luke.

Well, I?m glad you?re reading this one. :) Mara?s source will come out eventually. Thanks for reading. :D

VaderLVR64: [face_blush] Thanks. I thought that section might be a little over the top, but couldn?t resist the temptation to let loose some major angsty-ness. ;) It?s important to understand that he?s not a happy Sith Lord. (Is there such a thing?) :p Glad you?re enjoying the story! :D

StarFighter5: I see a possible resolution to all of this, but I think it best to keep it to myself, so that I don't turn out to be wrong. It's always fun to have theories to see if they work.

That is good. Then you can feel proud of yourself if they do work, and no one will know if they don?t. :p I have dropped some hints through the story, but I think they might be fairly obscure. They always seem obvious once you know what?s coming, don?t they? [face_thinking]

You're descriptions are so tangible I can feel Luke's migraines, and I've never even had one.

Neither have I, actually... I don?t imagine they?re much fun. [face_plain] Especially in Luke?s case, where they?re semi self-inflicted.

I see it as this dark cloak that I can throw around myself and "see" through the characters eyes, "through the looking glass" so to speak. I must say YAY! for that.

When I wrote Luke, I really wanted readers to be able to relate to him, to gain some understanding of where he?s coming from. It?ll be easier once more of his past is known. I?m glad to hear you?re enjoying it so far. :)

AvenKiel: :( Poor Leia! And poor Han...

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Whoa.

I just read this and it's incrediable! I haven't read many Dark Luke, but this is by far the best one. I look forward to your next update!

Excellent job!

11. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    :eek:

Agh! More questions are raised!! You're torturing your poor readers! :p

I loved the post - Luke's interactions with Mara are superbly written. And Mara's little discussion with Leia...very interesting indeed.

I keep re-reading all the posts because I love this story so much :) I can't wait for a new one to read! I'm still camping out! :D

12. RebelPrincess

Jan 6, 2001
    What's this doing way back on page 4??

Sending this up!

13. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm still camping out!
    So am I! This story is grrrrreat!

14. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    FelsGoddess: [face_blush] Thank you!

RebelPrincess: You're torturing your poor readers!

Aw, come on, admit it... You like being tortured. :p Glad you're enjoying the story! :D

Thanks for the ups, guys. DRL's being a huge pain... The new post will be up in a couple of minutes.

15. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    Okay, here it is. Apologies for the shortness, and well, oddness. :p Only two more to go after this! :eek:

=======
    =======

He sat sprawled, legs before him, watching the shadows. The pain and depression had grown severely worse as Organa?s execution inched its way closer; his head, as he sat in the gloom, was filled with darkness and writhing lucent lines. From behind the gloved hands pressed over his face, he could see things seething in the shadows of the room. He ignored them, as best he could.

The gloves stank of metal, of blood and machinery. He breathed the harsh scent and felt its coldness sink deep inside him.

There was a flash of golden light; he flinched, then realised it was only the door opening. A slender form stood against the light a moment, then slipped into the dark room. Whiteness gleamed softly in the gloom. Mara.

He closed his eyes. Her skirt brushed his trousered leg as she stopped before him. He lowered his hands, looking up at her. She extended a pale hand; he caught her fingers. She sank down into his lap, coiling around him gently. He put his arms around her.

She leaned against him, her breath heat on his numb skin. He ran his fingers over her gown, tracing the shape of her body in an absent, engrossed way. His hands eventually came to rest on her waist, and he bowed his head to her shoulder. Neither of them spoke.

After a time, she shifted. He obligingly loosened his hold on her, and she pulled back to lay her hands on either side of his face. Her dark eyes scanned him; then she pulled back further, twisting to her feet gracefully. She extended a hand, slender fingers opening. Again, he took it; this time she pulled him to his feet. A hand on his tunic brought him close, and she whispered, ?Dance with me.?

He stared at her. Her eyes glittered strangely in the gloom, unwavering from his. He took her hand and led her across the room, through the door and out onto the private terrace that bordered the office. It was a relic of some earlier time, there when he?d first taken the palace years ago. Unlike the gardens, it stood open to the elements and was in substantial disrepair. Bushes and trees grew wild around and amidst the worn paving stones, some reaching well over his head, dark shapes against the dark sky. The wind howled around them, whipping his cloak in the night and tearing at her gown and unbound hair. Neither paid any attention; his eyes were on hers, hers were on his.

He lifted his hand, open for her fingers.

Han Solo, Admiral of the New Rebel Alliance, turned from the wide viewscreen, the empty and glistening starscape that held no mystique to his hazed eyes. He met the gazes of those sitting around the brightly-lit table before him: his comrades and fellow soldiers, the leaders of the New Alliance, a roll of the should-be-dead. Admiral Wedge Antilles, General Biggs Darklighter, Intelligence head Winter Celchu, her husband Admiral Tycho Celchu, General Wes Janson ? all ones who, like him, could remember the first, disastrous Rebel Alliance.

?We move now,? Han said bluntly into the waiting silence. ?We go in with everything, hold nothing back. There will be no escape. No reprieve. The Empire will die.?

Five sets of soldiers? eyes looked back at him, unwavering. ?The Empire will die,? they echoed, voices overlapping, out of sync, identical in unswerving harshness of resolve.

Han smiled grimly.

She placed her hand in his, slender fingers white in the moonlight against the darkness of his glove. His hand slid around her waist; hers went to his shoulder, resting there lightly. Her eyes bore into his, and he did not look away.

They danced.

The motions of war swept into gear. Planning was no dilemma: they?d had the basic schematics long threshed out ? it was only a matter of twisting them to fit the mould of circumstance, applying flesh to the bones of tactic. Wedge and Tycho fell to the task. Darklighter and Janson mapped out fleet movements, and Winter sat silently shifting orders and instructions, ti

16. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Wow! Again, all I can say. Great postie! But where's Hobbie? Wedge, Tycho, Wes, but no Hobbie!

OMG! So Han is going to try and save Leia. I KNEW it! Yay! But if he hurts Luke . . . Mara's gonna save himl right?

Great post!
    Myra

EDIT - first post!

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Admiral of the Alliance, eh? Poor Han, he's lost that Solo spark.

I loved the juxtaposition between Han's story and Luke and Mara's dance.

My favourite line:

His cloak thrashed in the grip of the wind, splaying to eclipse the pinprick stars.

Wonderful.

18. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    [face_plain]

My brain just exploded in awe at the unspeakable incredibleness of this post.

*continues to gawk in admiration whilst scraping brain goo off of computer*

19. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    This was incredible...You have a way of capturing the subtleties of the darkness in Luke without watering down any of it. And you capture Mara's love for a man who she knows is a monster without making it seem the slightest bit cheesy. So sad that there are so few posts left in this!

~Lurker

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    wow, what i liked most was that the machinations of war, the necessary evils they're carrying out in the name of loyalty, seem so detached for a while, but the way you write them intertwined as a montage between Empire and NR makes them have meaning.

21. RebelPrincess

Jan 6, 2001
    Wow once again!

I loved how you kept switching between the dance of Luke and Mara and the "dance" of war - looks like Han and the New Alliance are setting things into motion.

His cloak thrashed in the grip of the wind, splaying to eclipse the pinprick stars. Very cool imagery :)

I can't wait for the Luke and Leia post.

22. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    :eek:

You aren't going to kill Luke, are you? You're going to have Mara save him and not kill Leia and they'll all forgive and forget and end up living happily ever after in matching houses with white picket fences....

Oh, who am I kidding? Bring on the angst! :p

23. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Awesome post!

*can't wait for all heck to break loose*

24. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Fantastic post! =D=

I so want a happy ending for my Farmboy, but I doubt that I am going to get it. I look forward to seeing the next post.

Great job!

AG88

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Guess it's past time to come out of lurkdom, and proclaim what an incredible story this is. And each post just seems to be getter better. Not better for those who want a happy ending for Luke, however. I'm as much a Luke-lover as anyone, and I hate admitting this, but I see the best ending for Luke as being his dying. He is torn up inside by the pain of his darkness. Release from that would be a blessing of sorts -- in the arms of his beloved Mara, of course, who is the only thread of light that he has to cling to.

Loved the alternating scenes in this last post, and the symbolism of the intertwining fingers in each. My theory is that Mara knows (or highly suspects) that the Alliance's attack is imminent. She spent years with the Rebels, and they've been planning this attack for years. It seemed that her asking Luke to dance was a way for them to have one last instance of being together, of forgetting for a few moments all the horrors that have happened, of remembering the few good times they'd had together. She truly loves him, and he loves her.

Anxiously awaiting the ending posts. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.