main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Your Eyes Aren't Blue Anymore -- Dark Luke, Mara -- sequel teaser up 5/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight_Aragorn, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    I KNEW IT! (too)

AHHHH!

2. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    ooooooh, poor Mara. please tell me she at least got to find a bit of shelter in which to give birth. i mean, yikes it's hard enough...

did have a feeling there might be a baby in the mix... we want more!

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Interested? INTERESTED??

Are you KIDDING?

Mara - baby - alone - down on her luck -

?Luke,? she whispers, the sound raw, torn from her lips by terror. Tears streak down her face, cutting through layers of fine dust. She leans her head back and snarls, ?Luke!?

Interested??

METOOMETOOMETOOMETOOMETOO ... well, okay, you get the picture!

oldj

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Ooooo... very interesting.

5. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *is still having a spaz attack from teaser*

6. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    *drooling in anticipation*

7. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    What is it with these Skywalker men? They always seem to reproduce right before they go all Sithy.

Seriously though, it looks very interesting. I can't wait to read it....BTW, Are you going to be putting any of the ROTS stuff in this new sequel? Either way, I'm hooked.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, okay, I'm interested!

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    oooooooooooohhhh. ..

After the first time she left? or after she left when he was dead?

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    After the first time she left? or after she left when he was dead?

Excellent question! :D Now it's going to be even harder to wait. :_|

*gratefully takes Tylenol from Leia* Thank you, dear. :) *rubs head ruefully*

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    .... so who's interested?

Ummm...nah...not interested. I don't find L/M & Baby angst interesting. Nope, not at all.

Bahahahahahaah! Who am I kidding. I would love to read more. Now come on, did you really expect a response to your tease like the one above? ;) Every L/M shipper would want to read your fic!

Wow, what an angst ridden storyline. What happened to the baby? I have to know!!!

AG88

12. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Yes, I am still alive. :p And the sequel?s still coming. A ton of assignments combined with a touch of writer?s block have made it slower than I thought, but I promise it?ll be up. Hopefully soon. [face_worried] Thanks for all the responses in the meantime!

Oh, and before I get to the replies?. Just to make it clear, this teaser (and the story) will be set when Mara left the first time in Your Eyes Aren?t Blue Anymore. It wasn?t very clear from what I said to introduce the post. [face_blush] Sorry if anyone was confused.

Myra: Thank you! :D Yup, Luke has a kid. Scary stuff?

AvenKiel: Good to hear. :p

Gabri: I?m writing as fast as I can? [face_worried]

JadeLotus: Yes, I tease. :p

I suppose that was one of the things that Luke would fear most. And they took their damn sweet time in the profics as well.

LOL, true on both accounts. ;) Luke knowing about his son would not be a good thing. For anyone concerned, really.

I would say something else but I wouldn;t want to breach the spoiler policy.

I know what you mean? There are definitely some quite similarities at play. [face_thinking]

She doesn?t stray from the lee of the building
    I find this phrase wonderfully interesting. Lee isn't really a word you read very often and never hear. It reminds me on The Secret of NIMH..."Move your house to the lee of the stone..."

Lee isn?t a word you hear much? [face_thinking] Hadn?t really thought about that before. It?s a nice poetic-sounding word, really. Don?t know why we don?t see it more. :p

Thanks for the reply! :D

VaderLVR: LOL, that?s okay. I know the feeling. [face_worried]

Lurker: Yup, Luke and Mara?s child is around somewhere. [face_mischief] I like stories involving Luke and Mara having a child/children as well. :D Thanks for replying!

Valin: :p Thanks for the enthusiastic response!

RebelMom: I did drop a hint or two along the way as to Mara?s possible reason for staying away so long. And you?re right - after seeing what happened to Luke, she wouldn?t want their child anywhere near him and his influence.

Leia: Black_Knight_Aragorn? It does have a kind of ring to it? :p Thanks for the reply!

LadyPadme: Well, here's hoping that DRL lets you write more of this great story...

It?s doing its very best to get in the way at the moment? [face_frustrated] But I?m working on it, I promise. :D

Jedi_Anais: I?m not evil ? my history assignment is. Seriously. :p

Do they have white picket fences on Tatooine? I?m suddenly picturing the Lars homestead with a white picket fence? [face_thinking]

Jedi-2B: Yes, there definitely are some likenesses here. :D

RedGold: Oh, did you? o_O ;)

Mirax-Jade: It?s a bit that way? :p

GirlJedi: There?s not too much shelter available, I?m afraid. Sandstorms are very, very dangerous? ;) And more is coming? sometime? hopefully soon?

Oldj: Thank you! :D

FelsGoddess: Good to hear it. :)

Myra: I thought it might be a bit of a shock...:p

RebelPrincess: It?s coming! Thanks for the reply. :D

Stargazer-19: What is it with these Skywalker men? They always seem to reproduce right before they go all Sithy.

:eek: That is quite a disturbing trend when you think about it?

BTW, Are you going to be putting any of the ROTS stuff in this new sequel?

It?s pretty likely some elements are going to work their way in? [face_thinking] Particularly in regard to one character. Won?t say who just yet? [face_mischief] Thanks for the reply!

DarthIshtar: Good to know! :D

maramijade: It was the first time. Sorry about that confusion. [face_blush] It never occurred to me that it could mean af

13. ArKai_Saarlem

ArKai_Saarlem Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    (Came here via swrecs community on livejournal)

This gave me chills and I was almost in tears towards the end. Wonderful piece of work and I look forward to reading the sequel.

14. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    ArKai_Saarlem: Welcome to the boards, and thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the story. :D

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This will teach me to come onto the Beyond Board more often. This was unbelievably superb. I am awe-struck at the depth of feeling, the way you wove the story of Luke's descent into his own hell. I'm just... there aren't words.....

=D=

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    What diane said. :D Well, except for the part about coming to Beyond more, since I live here. :p *hugs story devotedly* [face_love]

17. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    Diane: Great to see you! :D Thanks so much for taking the time to read. Glad you enjoyed the story.

Gabri: Aw, thank you. :p

Good news -- the sequel is almost ready to post, so should be up very soon. And a big thank you for the nominations. :eek: :D [:D]

18. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    :eek: :eek:

I enjoyed reading this fic immensely. Luke's dark characterization was absolutely believable, and the eloquent descriptions grabbed my attention and just wouldn't let go. :) Excellent work, I look forward to the sequel, and I hope this does well in the Fan Fic Awards. :)

19. Knight_Aragorn

Jun 15, 2003
    Lady_Jedi_Carenix: Thank you so much! :D :D I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Luke/Vespasian was quite an effort to write, so thank you for that. :)

And at long last.... the sequel is now up and can be found here: Bleeding Dry For You.

20. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

PART I

?Your eyes aren?t blue anymore.?

could there be a yellow touch in them [face_mischief] :p

The blue orbs, and the thin ribbons of yellow that spiked outwards from the dark centre, sickly-yellow fingers splayed through pale blue.

not quite as yellow as I have though but still [face_devil]

He flicked the empty mirror-frame away. ?It means nothing,? he said flatly, and turned back the window.

he wish :p [face_devil]

Luke Skywalker stood, head bowed, as his soul walked out the door.

awww...

Palpatine was not pleased. ?I perpetuated this union with an aim to forging cohesion in my Court,? he said, the words sharp over blood-drained lips. ?Jade was my most loyal servant. I did not give her to you lightly, Vespasian.?

nice name, sounds ancient Roman?ish :p
    Emporer Vespasian [face_thinking]

But his hands were gloved, now, and his eyes were blue no longer. He would find her, would capture her and gather her and make her his. Forever.

[face_worried]

==

The Rebel Alliance was dead.

:eek:

He turned his head, caught a glimpse of grey-yellow Rebel armour.

[face_mischief]

? A woman?

o_O :D

He lowered the blaster and turned. His eyes flitted through the gloom, still and empty around him. ?Mara?? His voice echoed off the darkened ceiling high above. ?MARA!? He screamed it, as loud as he could. Silence.

[face_mischief]

?Kill her,? he said, without looking back. ?Kill them all.?

==

?My, such language,? he said, seating himself on the end of the cot. ?I suppose your smuggler husband supplied you with such colourful epithets. How is he, I wonder? And those lovely children of yours.?

He closed his eyes and turned from Organa, toward the door. But a hand suddenly darted out, catching his wrist, halting his motion. His hand twisted in reflex, freeing itself; he turned back.

she is so strong :)

To his utter shock, she lifted her hand and touched his cheek, her fingers grazing lightly across the faded scar there. ?You must have loved her very deeply once, to hate her so,? she whispered, sounding profoundly astonished.

awwwww

?Mine,? he whispered, the word a curse, a promise, slow and naked with desire.

:eek: Oh!

~END PART ONE~

PART II

Bewildered, Leia stared at her. ?Luke?? She blinked. ?Vespasian?s name is Luke??

she doesn?t know :eek:

?I told her your eyes were blue once,? she said.

is there still hope?
    *voice off* always hope there is

==

He had always thought the pain would end with her.

awwww

Her fingers began to stroke through his hair after a moment, a gentle, soothing pattern. ?You?re afraid of her,? she breathed, her lips warm against his ear. ?Aren?t you.? Not mocking. Not sardonic. No. They?d fought, neither had won; no more games.

o_O

?They will go motherless,? Jade said.

*sniffs*

Jade drew a breath, turned away, then turned back. She bent down, bringing her mouth to Leia?s ear. The movement was startlingly swift, else Leia would have recoiled. ?He is your brother,? Jade breathed, and pulled back.

o_O [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Jade didn?t move. Leia?s mind whirled as coldness sank through her stomach. That monster? that inhuman thing, that had taunted her and touched her and gloated over her, was ? her brother? She had shared a womb with that for nine months?

*snickers*

==

Han Solo, Admiral of the New Rebel Alliance,

[face_dancing]

a roll of the should-be-dead.

Hehehe

Admiral Wedge Antilles

[face_dancing]

General Biggs Darklighter

[face_dancing]

Intelligence head Winter Celchu

[face_dancing]

Admiral Tycho Celchu

\.D/

General Wes Janson

yub yub, General, Sir :p
    anyway Wessie [face_love]

==

==

But she whispered, ?No.? Fingers wandered, found his lips. ?It?s ? too late, Luke.?

*sniffs*

?The deserters, the defectors, the rebels. All of them.?

?Luke, I?? she blurted.
    He said, softly, ?Mara. I k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.