main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Your Eyes Can Deceive You" Daredevil/SW crossover, Co-written with Snowbee-wan and KrystalBlaze

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    He could feel the heat radiating off the energy shield, his face was so closely pressed forward that the energy leaped out to sting his skin. He ignored it, his full attention focused on the battle that was raging ahead of him. His Master, the only man who had been a father to him, although
    Obi-Wan was not aware of the distinction, stood battling evil incarnate. A patchwork of black and red tatooing skewed the Sith's features into something devilish, meant to intimidate any opponent. What was more intimidating was the Sith's skill. He displayed an ability that Obi-Wan had never fought against before, not even in his Master.

Yet Qui-Gon was holding his own, batting at the Sith with waning strength. Silently, Obi-Wan willed the energy shields to cycle off faster then he knew they would. He had timed them before his Master and the Sith had headed through them, and wondered why Qui-Gon hadn't noticed them, allowing the Sith to deftly maneuver a separation between the Master and Padawan.

Obi-Wan watched as the seconds seemed to pass on in years and waited for the blasted energy shield to come down. He could feel his patience and control wavering in the heat of that energy.

Why didn't you wait for me Master? he asked to Qui-Gon one moment, Why wasn't I
    fast enough?
    he accused himself the next.

He was riveted by the fight, could see ever thrust and parry, analyzed every thrust and parry, noting with a hint of despair that Qui-Gon was weakening, and when the Sith's strike found it's way home, Obi-Wan felt he had already anticipated it before his Master jerked in sudden surprise. The Sith took morbid pleasure in sliding the energy blade from out of Qui-Gon, then turned to face Obi-Wan.

The hatred that seethed through him and towards the Sith was unlike anything Obi-Wan had ever felt before. The desire to take the Sith's life filled Obi-Wan like breath itself and he did not even care that he lusted after the blood of another, all he could see was his Master laying there his light in the Force flickering as banked embers. It was a subconscious wish, a fantasy that if he destroyed the one that had struck down his Master that Qui-Gon would suddenly become well. A child-like instinct that was never more wrong.

When the red energy shield dropped down, Obi-Wan leaped at the Sith his legs like spring boards taking him towards the Sith with his lightsaber whipping the air to strike down evil incarnate. In his rage, Obi-Wan forgot all precepts of strategy, everything he had spent his life in learning seemed so farfetched in the wake of his grief. His strikes were fueled by his anger, he was
    moving faster then he ever had before, but there was no control, no patience and eventually it might have been his undoing.

The Sith was confidant of his skill, his parries and strikes just as quick as Obi-Wan's only he was calm, not driving by emotion. Even after Obi-Wan sliced that dreaded double lightsaber in half, the Sith did not give off any signs of worry of defeat. He met Obi-Wan smugly each time,
    volumes coming from that yellow-eyed gaze then any words could. The fuel of anger was quick to come but also quick to burn out and Obi-Wan feared that he would not be able to avenge his Master.

Obi-Wan aimed for a quick strike, a head sweep that would separate the Sith's head from the rest of him, except the Sith had anticipated it, easily dodging the strike and raising a hand to Force-push Obi-Wan towards the power generator. The young Jedi spilled backwards, losing his grip on his lightsaber and he tumbled over the edge of the lip and caught hold of a service light. The Sith loomed over him, the smugness of his gaze intensified by this victory. With a flick of his boot he kicked Obi-Wan's lightsaber over the edge and the young Jedi was forced to watch it tumble down into the power generator with it his hopes of survival.

A thousand things ran through his mind as he dangled helpless on that service light, swirling around him in a maelstrom of emotion that threatened to s

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Yay! u posted it! that was great zara!!!
    I have a few mor exams and then I will begin writing!

GREAT JOB!

3. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    You've set it up really well there, Zara. If no one volunteers, I'll take the next part. I really would like to.

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Hye that's great. ARe you going to continue with Obi or go onto to Matt Murdock? I would really like to get into the Daredevil character.

5. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm going to start with Obi-Wan and then go to Matt.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Cool, can't wait.

7. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    It may take a while since I'm going on vacation my grandmother has a computer so hopefully it should be up shortly. :D

8. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    YOUR EYES CAN DECEIVE YOU
    PART TWO

Obi-Wan stood on behind the pilot?s chair, watching the whiteness of hyper space. He let out a deep sigh, and cocked his head at the pilot.

?So, you?re going to cloak the ship, drop me off, and then leave, correct? How am I supposed to contact you when I?m ready??

?You?ll have to leave that up to your Council, Jedi,? the pilot said. ?You contact them, not me. Whatever you decide, it may take them longer than a week to get you. I?m a great pilot, it only took a week. Get your things together, it?s almost time to drop you off.?

Obi-Wan glared at the rude pilot, but obeyed anyway. He was too tired and too frustrated to object.

He was always tired. Sleep did nothing for him. Ever since Qui-Gon had died, there was never sleep. He could never sleep. It wasn?t right. Not when Qui-Gon was dead. Not when he had caused his Master?s death. As he went towards his quarters he bowed his head in shame.

It was his fault. All his fault. He clicked his tongue in his mouth. He knew the way he was acting was unbefitting a Jedi, but he couldn?t help it. The loss was Qui-Gon was too deep. It was like a knife stuck in his side which wouldn?t stop twisting. He took his pack and went back to the bridge. They had emerged from hyper space.

?This world is so primitive,? the pilot sighed, feeling Obi-Wan behind him. ?They use jets. Jets!?

Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes. The world before him was tiny and a sphere. The sphere was mostly blue, with patches of green and brown here and there. He saw white streaks wrapped around the world, clouding it. He thought they were clouds, but maybe they were ice sheets or something. He didn?t think the world was covered with ice, but then again maybe it was. He looked beyond the planet and saw a blinding flash of yellow light.

?It?s called Earth,? the pilot sneered. ?I?m dropping you off in a place called New York. It?s called Hell?s Kitchen.?

Obi-Wan cocked an eyebrow at the pilot. ?Hell?s Kitchen? What kind of name is that??

?Idiotic, isn?t it?? the pilot laughed. ?Sit down and buckle up. I don?t know what sort of turbulence is down there.? Obi-Wan did as instructed. ?Here we go!?

They dropped down with the swiftness of a blaster bolt. Obi-Wan gripped the seat handles as they breezed through the white streaks, dissolving them. They simply whispered around the transport as they shot through. Obi-Wan closed his eyes as the blue became water.

The pilot was having a time. ?Whooo-hoooo!? he screamed in glee as their speed picked up. They descended through some more clouds and suddenly burst into open, baby blue air. He activated the cloaking device and dropped some more.

?That was a ride!? he shouted, grinning at Obi-Wan.

?Yeah, sure,? Obi-Wan agreed, slightly unnerved.

?Almost there,? the pilot muttered. ?Give me ten minutes and we?ll be there.?

Obi-Wan watched in amazement as they skimmed over the blue water. He saw ahead of them a land mass and the pilot merely dodged it. Easily he came back into direction and the pilot gained some altitude. He flew over a series of land masses which had large mountains things that peaked with holes in the centers. Very, very odd.

They sailed over some more water. Obi-Wan was taken with the beauty of the water crashing. The waves cresting in whiteness emitted such a simple beauty it was breathtaking. Yes, he had visited worlds with water before. Yes, he had seen waves crest. But never before had he flown so close, and never before had he seen water so blue. He wanted to touch it, just to make sure it was real, but soon they were flying over land.

They were very close to the ground, and he saw buildings and little squares. Primitive houses! He smiled. Maybe this wouldn?t be so hard. They flew over mountains and small bodies of water. The pilot took them above the clouds and Obi-Wan peeked through them to see mountains.

?Two minutes,? said the pilot.

Obi-Wan almost didn?t want the trip to end. It had been such a wonderful journey, and for a second he had forgotten al

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Talk about intense. I love how Obi-Wan swoops in and saves Quesada. Who takes next hit? I can't wait to sink my claws into Daredevil.

10. KrystalBlaze

Aug 3, 2002
    Up.

I'm glad you liked it, Zara. I changed some scenes from the movie, but I guess that's ok. It'll still work out.

Whose got the next part?

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey guys, sorry I was outta town for a litle while, that was GREAT KrystalBlaze!!!
    Glad Matt's now in the picture too!

AWESOME!
    Now that it's summer I will be able to write! If either of u two have anything already planned, go ahead! Otherwise I will post something ASAP, most likely within the next day or two!!

Thanks so much for getting it started!

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    HEY AGAIN GUYS,
    WE HAVE HAD TO BE OUT OF TOWN ALOT B/CMY GRANDPA IS ILL SO I EITHER OF U WANNA POST FEEL FREE. OTHERWISE ILL DO T ASAP

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.