main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Your family does not understand your obsession with Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by robertyodarugenstein, Mar 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I was planning on going with you guys to see Ice Age but my wife put a very good guilt trip on me to take her out.

You see I work midnights and Saturday is my only true day that I have off and I worked Saturday (Friday night/Saturday morning). I did it for Celebration II. Extra money$$$$

She thinks that I love STAR WARS more than I do her.

Some people just do not understand our passion and desire for the Force.

So if any else has this happen to them let me know? Or I'm I even more goofy than I think I am.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Nah,you're not alone,most of us probably joined the group just because friends/relatives/significant others don't really understand our obsession,or should I say,our way of life.(?)

That's okay though,it's not for everybody and that's cool.

p,s,too bad you couldn't make it out last night,we had a great time!:)The people who came out were myself,The Huntress Diana,Huttese1138,MiraxTHorn(and husband),and making his first appearance at a Detroit FF function was ScoobyWanKenobi.Nice to meet you Scooby and to see everyone again!

3. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    You are not alone, while most of my family (brothers sisters, wife, etc.) enjoy the movies, they do no thave the enthusiasm I have towards them, and cannot understand my obsession. For example, I have been trying to find someone to goto CII, and everyone I've mentioned it to, thinks I'm a fruitloop.

p.s. I had a really good time with everyone who went to the meeting last night. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and you made me feel right at home. It's good to know there are other people out there who have the same interests as I. Hope to see all you guys at the next meeting!

4. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Would most of us be here if our families really understood? You're not alone, Robert.

I can't really complain too much about my family. They all really enjoy the movies and a couple of them have worn the costumes I made for them. One of my brothers is as into it as I am, although he doesn't live nearby, so we don't get to discuss it too often. The rest of them tolerate the obsession reasonably well. No ridicule, thankfully!

On another note, last night was great! I think we must have some of the nicest folks in all of Fan Force :) . Nice to meet you too, Scooby. Thanks for talking fishing with my husband. That made him feel welcome. I'm really excited about our next meeting!

Regards,
    M.

5. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Fishing is another passion of mine (when I have the time. Secondary to SW, though! :D

6. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    You're not alone Scooby. :)

The only thing my mother understands is Wonder Woman (because I was in to her before Star Wars) and even then, that's limited. But I also think part of it's because my mom isn't much of a movie person to begin with. She watches very little TV (unless it's her NHK from Japan) and movies even less.

My sister is cool with it (she's also able to buy those cool looking 'babydoll' t-shirts with all the cool prints on them) though. And she'll come home with some kind of Princess Leia (more often Wonder Woman) T-shirt that they don't make in regular adult sizes. And yes, I turn green with envy. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.