main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Fanfic Will and Testament

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Crap, double post. [face_plain]

2. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    That is the goal. :)

You're now my favorite fanfic mod for the rest of the week. [face_devil]

Consider the source. :p

3. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I am honored and touched that you would bequeath it to me and even though I've never written a fanfic I would put my heart into this 100% and then some[:D]

:D

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Gabri, ginchy, and JadeLotus: [:D] [:D] [:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ginchy posted:

I'd leave all my mush (which is... um... all my fics but 3
    laugh ) to Jade_eyes, who is always so sweet and enthusiastic about them!

And I'd take them too, baby!! Except that usually means the author isn't around anymore, so... I hope I'd never have to! [face_laugh]

6. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Oh dear, what would this board do without my wonderfulness? If I were to die, I think this whole thing would collapse with the sudden lack of !'s!

But I suppose I would leave Zoom In to VongChild, although it doesn't really matter since I already finished it, so I could just send her what I wrote and have her post! Except that would not work, cause how would I know I was gonna die unless I had some terminal illness (in which I would finish posting all at once) or I was gonna kill myself, which we all know isn't happening! Hmm. This is a pickle. Well, she can just make up the ending!

Also, VongChild and Handmaiden_Rabe would (obviously) get Dreaming of Beauty, cause coauthor fics work so well like that!

Same goes for Jedi_of_Ennth for our current super secret ultra cool coauthor scheme which I am not at liberty to talk about except to say its gonna rock!

And -Tenel_Ka- can have all the unfinished stuff on my computer by virtue of the facts that she would do a wonderful job finishing them, and she only lives about 15 minutes away, so she could physically come get the computer and, with it, the fics!

And that jsut about meets my quota of morbid thoughts for, say, the rest of the week! The end!

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    :eek: [face_faints]

And how excately should that work? Should I turn it inot a Hethrir Story? I can do that.[face_skull]
    *Hethrir takes over the SWverse*
    I don't think I'd get anything else right, though I'm mightily flattered. And surprised.[face_blush] :eek:

What would I do?[face_thinking]

Probably the same as oqi.[face_blush]
    Or donate them to the unfinished story thread:p

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

You're now my favorite fanfic mod for the rest of the week. [face_devil]

But I thought I was your favorite! :_| :_| Oh how fickle is a man's heart! :_|

9. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

Sorry, Kim. It's not that I'm fickle (okay, maybe I am) but currently my loyalty is reserved solely for Da Bears and my beloved Illini. After football season is over, I'll re-evaluate my priorities.

As far as who I'd bequeath my stories too, it's really hard to say. I'm afraid I have too much invested in my fics to hand 'em over. Poor little things will grow up as orphans, except for the one I'd send to Mariah.

10. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm not expecting to go any time soon, but here's a list anyway.

Well, for starters, I'd give my "Renewal" arc to Striker and Sil. Heck, they'd probably do a better job with it than I am.

Striker gets the crossover I've had on hiatus since May ... heck, he can take it now if he wants. It's pretty much open for adoption.

Darkwriter, I'd trust you to finish "Uniting the Galaxy" if I don't get the chance; and to continue "Coming of Age".

11. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    I like oquidaun's idea. [face_laugh] Probably, I'll do the same.

As for other options, the topic's founder, Herman Snerd can decide what to do with my online notebook of scrawly writing. :p *ducks*

Well, well...

For "Change of Fate", my first option would be Ani-maniac, because she's the only one who knows how it will end. But she disappeared. :_| In that case, I'd probably give it to my beta, angeltirrell22 from ff.net. I'm just afraid that she makes a happy ending for it...

Underneath goes to Darth_Father-in-law: she can see it as the revenge Christmas present from me. [face_devil]

As for "Cage of Lies", I have no idea... I could either give it to my sister queenberuthiel so she knows what an evil elder sister she has, or I could just follow the trend here and give it to VaderLVR64. :D

But as I've already said, I'll most probably follow oquidaun's idea. I'll just have to end all of my stories with the most horrible, brutal cliffhangers and then just disappear without a trace. Try to find me on another continent! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

12. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hmmmm [face_thinking]

I *think* I would have to bequeath Worth Saving to SakuraTsukikage ? mostly because she seems to share my views on so many of the main characters and I love her writing. Plus, though she doesn't know the whole thing, she guessed where it is going.

ThrawnMcEwok gets stuck with bunnies and notes for When Serpents Sit Upon the Throne.

IrishEyedJedi and Exeter get the massive Saga AU that has been brewing in my brain these past months.

Not much else to give, I?m afraid. I haven?t been a very productive writer this year. :p

BigFatty gets those pesky drabbles, though.

EDIT: Hey, Lola? does 'revamped' version of Skeleton mean that you are writing again?o_O Like I'm one to talk...:p

13. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Let's see...

-The remainder of my drabbles would go to Z, so that one way or another one of us could finish the challenge.
    -Family Album and Betwixt & Between would go to oldj, since she's done a lot of art for it, understands the story well, and can knock my socks off with her writing.
    -And the upcoming continuation to Resolutions would go to Telanna since she was able to guess what I thought was an incredibly crazy and sneaky plot twist. If she can put that together, she can figure out how to end the thing.

14. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    On the event of my spontaneous combustion, Nick Solo, his plots, companions, and future are all bequeathed to the dual care of Zonoma and OldJediNurse, OldJ because she knows the character like few others and Zee because she's one of the few people who knows where it's going.

ThrawnMcEwok and Dev_Binks can carry on the Janen insanity. Force knows they're over-qualified. :p

Lusa_Thul can finish up The Past as Another Land. If only to force her to write Jacen and Nen Yim. Plus she likes the Angst. And Kunra. She can have Kunra and Vergere for as long as she likes.

Eshaa, Zeth and Delly Solo are to be transfered into the custody of their other creator, Dev_Binks, and written about extensively until the end of time.

15. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    You know, my sister's had my internet password for probably 10 years, for this precise reason. Shutting down my WIP's and getting my ashes scattered where they won't be paved over by a strip mall anytime soon are her her official last duties to me. I actually solemnly committed this to writing on the night I was leaving the ICU bedside of my dying mother, only to be swept up in a "hostage situation" and forcibly confined to a waiting room in the ER, the precise place where a maniac was supposedly shooting random people and setting them on fire. After about half an hour it became apparent that the maniac was a hoax, and the only people pinning us down at gunpoint were the ******* SWAT team, but I had a lot of time to think about mortality and the irony of dying in exactly the kind of sick, napalm-melodrama scenario that I'd invent for fun. (And yes, of course my sister Xeiah spent that same time standing between the hospital and a parking garage full of snipers, heroically trying to negotiate my release from no one whatsoever. If there were a James Bond School, Remedial Ed Division, she'd be in it.)

(And no, I am not making any of that up.)

Anyway, she is the Lady Executor (pun intended) of my fanfic will and testament, and if she's gone and lost my instructions on the subject, I shall have to pack her shower drain with fire ants.

At any rate, I don't even have any WIP's right now--just terrible ideas. But if Xeiah were to distribute my terrible ideas among the authors at TFN, I'd have her do it this way:

The Obi-Wan "24" knockoff has to go to solojones (duh)
    Waqkemé Noori is bequeathed in perpetuity to DarthIshtar, who by rights owns her by now anyway. :p
    The AU in which Vader gives Leia a planet for her 14th birthday goes to Souderwan, since I stole it from him in the first place.
    Any and all JA-mush fragments found on my hard drive go to Princess_Arulmozhi.
    Filks and outrageously silly things must go to my sister herself, since she is the only person ridiculous enough to see them through to proper completion. (C.f. the attempt to rescue me by standing *in front of* a bank of snipers.)

Few or none of you will know Xeiah, since she posts here very infrequently, and never in fanfic. However, she's an excellent storyteller, and good at mimicking me, although she's also wildly dyslexic. So if you ever see my fics continued in a more-or-less ordinary fashion, only with all sense of spelling and punctuation blown to hell, then I'm dead.

Just FTW.

16. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    This all makes me wish I had something to bequeath. :(

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Interesting topic, Herman. :p

In the event of my hypothetical death by music stand...

This Time Around would be left to DarthIshtar, because she alone is the only one who knows the ending that I have planned out. And who knows -- she could probably finish it faster than I could and have lots of time and space to kill of plently of characters. :p [face_batting]

The Wizards' School and its entire planned cycle is bequeathed to NYCitygurl, as she is probably more enthusiastic about the whole thing than I am myself. :p Plus, she's betaing it in the first place. :D

That's all my WIPs at the moment... however, all of my various time travel ideas would be left to CrazyAni, my fellow time travel freak, and the eventual sequel for When Characters Are Victimized is left to all the readers of that fic to squabble over and decide who exactly gets to finally give Jack his rum. :p

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Me, too. :p

19. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I would bequeath all my unfinished fics to Gabri_Jade (because I'm pretty sure Atty wouldn't thank me if I foisted any on her ;) - she's still got her own to finish [face_mischief] ).

And thus, they would (most likely) forever remain unfinished masterpieces.

*dodges thwack*

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The Cubs, right? Right?! Or am I the only person still living in Fantasy Land? :p

I just realized that if anyone bequeathed a story to me, I'd be honored, but I'd probably re-gift it. I can be very lazy, after all. [face_blush]

21. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    To Gather Stones Together would go to Spiritofeowyn Awww. It'd be fun to write the twin stuff! Plus I guess betaing that kind of gives me an idea of what's going on.

In All Times... would go to DarthIshtar, as she's my co-author on it and is already writing 1/2 of it, so that would go smoothly. Plus our writing style and focus for it are the same.

Gimli (Give me Liberty or Give me Death) Would also go to DarthIshtar as she is my beta for it and knows who to kill off, how, why etc. And who is _____ in the next chapter. Plus she is really good at the gory angst time travel. :p

Dare to be Oblivious would go to Kissa if she were to come back to writing. I like her style for romantic stories and keeping up the suspense (Blue Jay) she could totally do it with DarthIshtar's watchful eye, telling her how that one is going to end too. (Cause she could ask my friend who knows all the details of the ending and might inherit the laptop where the ending is written. (Don't want to overburden her, since she already has a bunch of other stories going on, and school)

22. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    My Love/Hate relationship with the Cubbies is currently set on Hate, even though they did win the game I attended last June in St. Louis. I've moved out of Fantasy Land (thank you Steve Bartman) though it's probably accurate to say that I currently reside in the suburbs.

Hey, this isn't like a bad Christmas present. This is like a relative dying and leaving you their kids to raise. Re-gifting is not an option. [face_plain]

Well, unless you die too... [face_mischief]

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    You do, Roo.

*cough* raising hope *cough*

:p

24. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love you so much. :p

25. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    I'd leave mine to correlian ale, who shares my love for OCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.