main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your FanFilm "Dream Cast"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Jasteel, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry Laz - not trying to put words in your mouth - however, I think my statement is the logical extension of your definition. The quotes were simply placed to isolate the thought - not quote you specifically.

Admittedly, the TFN definition of fanfilms could more accurately be described as "a film that infringes upon the copyrights and/or trademarks held by an existing media franchise". This much is clear?

EDIT:

By the way - I would include Funk-E and Fig in my cast as the plucky comedic relief.

-Spiff

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Oooh, I get to be plucky.

3. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Oooh. Great. I've been downsized from God to plucky comic relief.

Do I still get to be the janitor?

4. Jedi_Spiff

Jul 2, 2003
    Heh heh heh. You guys should be fighting over the role of R2-D2. After him, all that's left is 3PO and Jar Jar - and it's hard for me to tell which I loathe more.

As a side note - I wouldn't cast anyone as God in a film of mine - 'cept maybe Alanis.

-Spiff

5. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    i'd cast Tac as god, just imagine it.

or Hanel, he'd go around banning people from life.

6. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    I'd just like my character to survive a film for a change... everything else is up for grabs.

7. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Wow.

After reading all that...

I forget what this thread is about.

What was I gonna say?

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Alanis sucked as God...

9. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Thats what we should make. Hanel did a film on making a fanfilm. One of us can make a film on existing in this forum. We can have TAC, Funk, Fig, and all the other major guys interact with this one lonely guy who just joins and is trying to make shis way into the forum. Who wants to play God of the forum?

10. The_Battle_For_Endor

The_Battle_For_Endor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
  11. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Make Ryan play God. Everyone bows in his presence anway...

12. Jedi_Spiff

Jul 2, 2003
    I'd just like my character to survive a film for a change

Dude - then write the script that way... Oh wait... Those were all my adaptations that led to your demise. Hm.

-Spiff

13. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Covax's death was deleted from PWNN, I thought.

14. TuxedoTom

TuxedoTom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2004

Not our fault he gave us low protein food and made us into his cult.

15. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003

In the origial version, yea. For the Remixed version... we'll see.

And even in my old projects I've got a high mortality rate. Must be one of the Freudian things... but Spiff will totaly die in Broken World Zero. :cool:

16. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000

Thanks, but no thanks ;)

17. Johnny_Snowball

Johnny_Snowball Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
    With his crew and connections...It's gotta be Sandy Collera!! Think how great the lighting and quality would be! plus: those perfect costumes! i'd like to write sumthin and co-direct with him and his team. Totally.

18. Jedi_Spiff

Jul 2, 2003

Yeah - but he died in the teaser and in the extended ending. He also dies in one of our other projects... I think I could handle the death in BW0. So long as I get to keep the kamas.

-Spiff

19. Wengo-Dinn

Wengo-Dinn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    If I was to start a whole new trilogy I'd definately set it before Episode I, probably a very long time before Episode I since we know that at that point the sith were extinct for over a millenium and y'know let's be honest... you need sith in a Star Wars movie as much as you need Jedi.

I would circle it around a Jedi Master and his apprentice (not very original, I know ;) ).

And I'd really love the master to be played by Ken Watanabe. We've seen him in a very Jedi-like role in "The Last Samurai" which is of course because some aspects of the Jedi are based on the Samurai. I think he really has this wise and calm quality to him which would make him a great Jedi Master. And he obviously knows how to use a sword :D

For the apprentice I would choose Jake Gyllenhaal. Just hear me out here. Of course he wouldn't be a cocky Padawan like Anakin, more like a shyer version of the young Obi-Wan. The relationship to his master would be based on respect and trust. Now he might not have great obvious hero qualities but I think he can be very calm, quiet and a little mysterious. Plus I think he could pull it off very well that his character really believes totally in the force and that it will lead him to the right path. I can almost hear him saying "I know that the force will guide me." :D :D :D

20. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    If I could have my choice for The Bojac and Greg Trilogy: Bojac and Greg Strike Back

Bojac - Scott "Spone" Hahn
    Greg - Hank Braxtan
    (voice)Yoda - Guy from Pa wars who did Yoda's voice
    Yoda - My Taco Bell Yoda Cup
    Darth Noxious - Joseph Jerman

Cameo - Natalie Portman :D

21. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    You keep referencing this film of yours, but nobody knows anything about it. Either put up some real information on it, or stop.

22. BojacRedleif

Jun 1, 2004
    I've said it before it's in PRE-PRODUCTION! We're as of right now getting costumes. Why complain about me? Atleast I haven't released a teaser trailer with nothing but words. Once I have some footage then I'll have some real stuff.

23. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    There isn't a script or art or anything?

24. BojacRedleif

Jun 1, 2004
    I have a script, I suck at drawing, but I have put a teaser poster on the site.

25. majormorgan

majormorgan Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Dream Cast eh...?

I'm with Dorkman on this. I have it already. Its all in our credits, once we're done which is end of Jan 05 btw as we're shooting more cool stuff to put in...

Of course if I ever decide to do a follow up [god get this one done Richard for f&^ks sake], Im sure that there's names on the boards I'd love to use...

My two pennies...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.