main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Your fave RPG(ignore the last one I stuffed it up:(

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Princess_Shari, Oct 17, 2002.

?

Your fave RPG(ignore the last one I stuffed it up:(

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Baldur's Gate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Baldur's Gate II

11.1%
  3. Planescape:Torment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fallout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fallout II

11.1%
  6. Any of the Final Fantasies

44.4%
  7. Icewind Dale (one or two)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Neverwinter Nights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Any of the Might & Magics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Anything I failed to mention...

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Shari

Princess_Shari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
  2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Go "Moonstone"

3. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    Fallout 2. The mature content is ****ing unreal. And just bashing someone's head off with your bare fists is rather appealing.

Other great Rpg's include Morrowind, Wizardry's, an old classic Wasteland (Fallouts precursor), and the original AD&D games. Sadly Pool of Radiance 2 failed to hit the mark.

4. Princess_Shari

Sep 5, 2002
    what's Moonstone?

5. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    One of the greatest RPGs ever made. Blood, guts and storyline!

6. Princess_Shari

Sep 5, 2002
    I say Baldur's Gate II was the best so far in the history of RPGs. While many come close, I've yet to experience a storyline that has so much to offer-plus the variety of the classes and their quests means that you could go back and play it again eventually and do things you didn't do the first time around.

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Moonstone is timeless. I am still playing it 10 years on. A wide range of options and the battles are breath taking. Lots of gore and lots of storyline. It is where other RPGs originated, and have failed to surpass!

8. The-Lute

Sep 29, 2002
    Moonstone was a classic Amiga game (and PC port) and was the goriest game ever. Even more so then Fallout. Knights on a mission to retrieve the holy moonstone. You can still get it at AbandonedWare sites, and it stands the test of time.

The dragon fight is awesome.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    You should fight the RatMen. Awesome!

10. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    My favourite that is out at the Moment is NWN, BUT it is not my Favourite... Lol, The very similar and advanced more appropret for this website Knights of the Old Republic! YAHOOO! FIRST STAR WARS RPG EVER SOON TOO BE RELEASED!

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Final Fantasy 3. Accept no substitutes.

Chronotrigger, Illusion of Gaia, and Fallout 2 are all notable standouts, but FF3 was for its time, so deep, original, complex and LONG!
    The key undoubtedly, to any good RPG...

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Don't forget 'Fallout Tactics' and of course

MOONSTONE

13. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I for one go with the Final Fantasy series... my favourite being FF7. I storyline is so deep and at some point touching and the battle system is best I've seen. Nontheless, FF3 was great! and so was FF8.

Some others that should be mentioned are Chrono cross and triger, as well Zelda: Link to the past. Legend of Dragoon was also good...

Edit: Oh, and how could I forget FF Tactics. That game totally rocked!

14. Princess_Shari

Sep 5, 2002
    Final Fantasy 8 was the best of the FFs I've played (only 7,8 and 9) but I'm DYING to play 10, I'll have to hire a PS2 to play it, because I don't have one and that's the only game I'd ever play on it.

Has anyone played FF10 yet?

15. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    What about Warcraft 3? Does that classify as an RPG? It's the only one I know...apart from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis! Now that's a non-gory classic!

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    WC3 is an RTS, not an RPG. Though, I think I could classify Deus Ex as an RPG, that's got to be one of my all-time favourite games.

17. Princess_Shari

Sep 5, 2002
    Has anyone here been making modules for NWN?

18. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    When I get everything Up And running I already have plans for What I'm going too make ;) Unfortunatly my computer wont handle the Senario Maker or Multi Player WHICH SUCKS!!!!

Anyway, I too Am Ingulft in FINAL FANTASY! I have played every single one from 1-8 and abit of nine, But cause of my lack of Playstation and most other stations that they are on I am Unable too play 9 and 10. DAMNIT!!!

Ok and Also! Baldurs Gate Which I have the entire Saga of is also another of my favourites but at the moment I am more into NWN, but the epic back story and charicters relationships and Charitcter creation has and always will be a part of me... Its a sad day too see the Epic saga of these style of water color painted background and paper dolls come too a end.

YEs thats right I KNOW ALOT!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

19. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    What's an RTS then?

20. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    RTS = Real Time Strategy; Warcraft 3, Starcraft, Red Alert and the like. Games where you command military units, generally.

RPG = Role Playing Game. Examples are any Final Fantasy game, Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, etc. These are games in which you assume the role of a single character and guide him through various quests and battles. They generally involve magic (puke). :p

21. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Go Diablo 1&2... they both rocked!!!

22. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Here here!

23. The-Lute

Sep 29, 2002
    Diablo is merely a hack-n-slash with stats. Can you seriously call Diablo, with its linear storyline (if you can call it that either) an R.P.G!!!?? But I did enjoy it immensely. Go the Amazon!

Never forget the ultimate, Ultima!! Number 7 kicked arse. And 8 rocked too, but fell into the Diablo style (NOT RPG).

Speaking of Knights of the Old Republic DJTJ, did you know that it has been held back on PC, because Bioware don't want it compete with their own game (NWN) for sales? But the damn XBOX version will be released shortly.

24. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I agree Lute and let us not forget the king of RPGs

MOONSTONE!

25. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, the official reason for holding it back is so that it doesn't compete with SWG for sales, which is also being released soon. I'm looking forward to KOTOR more though, I don't have the cash to play SWG all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.