main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Your favorite and least favorite planet and/or system from the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Stormtrooper Dave, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Stormtrooper Dave

Stormtrooper Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2013
    It's an easy call for me.

Favorite: Cloud City on Bespin. Gorgeous to look at, especially in the scenes where the sun is setting.

Least favorite: Naboo, where the Gungans reside :mad:

vinsanity likes this.
  2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Favorite: Coruscant
    I love the idea of a city planet ever since I was introduced to the decrepit Nar Shadaa in Dark Empire. So to see one that is still at the height of its decadence is amazing.
    Least Favorite: Tatooine
    Don't like any planet that produces a lot of whiny children.

Doop and kainee like this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Naboo might be my favorite, actually. Or Coruscant.

My least favorite is Yavin IV :)

kainee likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'd like to see more of Yavin IV; I feel like there's a lot of untapped story potential there. As for my least favorite, as tired as I am of Tatooine, I'd rather go back there than see any more of Coruscant. I guess I'm just not a city boy.

kainee likes this.
  5. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Favorite: Alderaan. I know we only saw it for a few moments in Revenge of the Sith but I knew from looking at it that that was where I wanted to live. Even if it got blown up by the Death Star, it still looks like a great place to live and die.

Least favorite: Felucia I think. Too much. Plus they killed the galaxy's hottest Jedi there. Haha

El Jedi Colombiano and kainee like this.
  6. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Favorite: Shockingly, I'd probably most like to live on Naboo. Some of the places where Anakin and Padme go in AOTC are beautiful. The Gungans might serve as a nuisance, but other than that, it seems pretty nice. :)

Least Favorite: Mustafar. I think it'd be the most harsh environment and thus my least favorite.

kainee likes this.
  7. Zatanna

Zatanna Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2013
    My favorite would have to be Courscant. One massive city - it must look awesome.

My least favorite is either Felucia or Dagobah. The smell on those two planets must be...incredible...

kainee and TX-20 like this.
  8. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Least favourite was probably Mustafar. Or maybe Geonosis.

Favourite was likely Kamino, for its coolness factor. But if we talk EU, then it's a different ball game!

kainee likes this.
  9. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Favorite has to be Bespin because Cloud City looks awesome.
    Least Favorite has to be Geonosis, Tatooine, or Mustafar because I hate hot weather

kainee likes this.
  10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Favorite as in where I'd wanna live? I thought Alderaan looked really nice--for the brief moment we got to see it. Actually, I wish we had gotten to see it a lot more. Of course, I'd have to move before the Death Star showed up. So then I probably move to Naboo. As long as I could get some pricy land far from the Gungans.

Least favorite? Probably Mustafar. Cool to look at, but the property values must suck.

kainee likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Favourite - Coruscant, Tatooine and Mustafar

Least favourite - Yavin IV and Dagobah

kainee likes this.
  12. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Favorite - Naboo, Kamino
    Least Favorite - Tatooine, Geonosis

13. Isabella Skywalker

Isabella Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2013
    Favourite- Coruscant and Naboo

Least favourite- Geonosis

14. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    least favourite is probably7 Geonosis, though I love the arena and the battlefield has the colour of a first world war photograph that I really like

favourite is probably Tatooine, tho I also love Mustafar and Naboo (apart from the awful green battlefield that just does not look like grass)

15. Krusty the Clone

Krusty the Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2013
    favorite endor
    least favorite coruscant

16. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    No love for Geonosis?

Favorite: Geonosis, Hoth

Least favorite: worlds from the Order 66 sequence.

17. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Coruscant...I love the glimpses of the underbelly of the city we get when Anakin and Obi Wan chase Zam...

And as a close runner up, Naboo for sure. Sure it's the planet that the irritating Gungans are from, but it's also got breathtaking nature and landscapes:

[​IMG]

As for my least favorite, probably Geonosis. I feel like it had a very Mars-like feel, which isn't always a bad thing, but the whole martian theme has been used a lot already in sci fi. Plus the whole planet as a whole seems like a pretty drab and miserable place. Talk to any clone, I'm sure they'd have similar sentiments.

Han Burgundy likes this.
  18. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Favourite: Probably Tatooine

Least favourite: Naboo

19. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Favourite: gotta be Naboo. It's just beautiful.

Least favourite: I've never liked Dagobah, and Mustafar and Utapau are not among my favs either. :S

Darth Raiden likes this.
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Favorite: I always enjoyed Dagobah. It's rotting, foggy, swamps give it an air of mystery to it, like the voodoo bayous of Louisiana.

Least favorite: Geonosis. It's like Tatooine but with none of the interesting space ports like Mos Eisly. It also doesn't have Krayt Dragons. :p

Darth Raiden likes this.
  21. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Favorite: Naboo - I love the waterfalls and tranquility. Alderaan would be a close second, but it was blown up!

Least favorite (tie): Tatooine and Geonosis - I hate sand and big bugs. :p

Darth Raiden likes this.
  22. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    this may be weird to most, but my most fave is: Tatooine
    because u find alot of adventure there ,with every kind of being ,scum & villainy there,& i like hot places.
    i really liked to have a hut there.

2nd. most fave is naboo: i would love to have a villa there ,and go in the grass lands watch the waterfalls & stuff

least fave would be:utapau
    it's not good in anyway,& the color schemes of the planet is really boring,most planets in the saga have exotic color schemes ,even the harsh ones like mustafar ,but utapau...well...

Darth Raiden likes this.
  23. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Fave - Probably Naboo, it's tranquill. Second, Coruscant, particularly in TPM, those scenes are pretty trippy. Tatooine in ANH, just for the symbolism of the adventure starting there with the droids and all.

Least fave - Kamino or Geonosis? It's hard to say because every location plays a part, but I'm not a big fan of Obi-Wan's investigation storyline.

24. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Yeah, the rebel outpost is actually in an ancient Sith temple, I believe.

My favorite: Tatooine (it has the feel of the outlaw West to me, a rough place, where people do what they have to to get by). Second favorite: Utupau. Others I like: Cloud City, Geonosis, Felucia, Coruscant

My least favorite: Naboo (I think it's beauty takes away from the drama of the battle); Endor and Dagobah (these two just look too much like earth to me)

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
    Favorite: Tatooine, although I don't like how overused the planet that is farthest from the bright center of the universe, it's supposed to be a backwater where the scoundrels, seedy characters and exiles escape to, and the youth want to escape from. Still I love westerns, and I love Jabba and Co. can't help but love the planet that has both. Hoth is a close second, reminds me of home.

Least fave: Ummm, they all have something redeeming qualities, but I'd have to say Coruscant. Was never a fan of big cities, so a planet sized one is pretty repellent to me, though some buildings look good.