main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Your favorite and least favorite planet and/or system from the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Stormtrooper Dave, Aug 5, 2013.

1. SerRoel

SerRoel Jedi Master

Oct 7, 2013
    I love the Coruscant skyline, the clubs, lights, senate district etc. Kamino looks awesome to but I wouldn't like to live there.
    Naboo on the other hand, that's a place where i could live.
    My least favorite would probably Yavin 4, mainly because it looks to earthisch.

2. Skywalkin'

Skywalkin' Jedi Master

May 23, 2013
    If we're allowed to include the EU, I'd say Dac or Hapes. If it has to be a planet from the films, probably Bespin.

Least favorite would be Hoth or Kessel.

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    The secret of Geonosis, for me, is that it's largely an "underground" planet -- i.e., its inhabitants dwell below the surface (but perhaps just below, in the mineral-rich upper strata) and/or in termite mounds. On that level, it's quite beautiful.

My least-favourite locale, from the "mains", might be... ah, shoot. I dunno. You really want me to do this? In a saga as richly-designed and photographed and painted and sculpted as this one?

My favourite? Just as hard. Almost. Naboo. Coruscant. Tatooine. Utapau. Yavin. Dagobah. Bespin. Endor.

Okay, Naboo. Maybe.

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    For favorite planet, I'd probably have to go with Coruscant. It has a great level of energy and for all that the PT doesn't have the "used" feeling of the OT, I thought Coruscant came across as the most "lived-in" planet that was shown across the Saga.

Least favorite is Hoth. It's just very...plain. Even by the standards of Earth (which has some gorgeous Arctic landscapes), Hoth is plain. There's basically two non-Earth like creatures on it, neither of which are very alien looking, and that's about it.

5. MajorTotoro

MajorTotoro Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2014
    Favorite: Aesthetically Felucia, Kashyyk and Nar Shaddaa. To live in Endor or Naboo.

Least Favorite: Hoth.

6. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Favorite: Kashykk. Would get to live in a tree house.
    least:Coruscant. I live 38 miles south of New York City, Big cities do not impress me. They are noisy and the are not many green places in them

Sarge likes this.
  7. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Favorite: Naboo and Coruscant. I love Naboo's scenery, and Coruscant looks so exciting.

Least favorite: probably Geonosis. It just looks so...dull. Tatooine's dusty but at least there's something other than angry bug aliens on it. :p

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Depends how you mean 'Saga'.

In the films: Fave: Alderaan

Least Fave: Tattooine (It's getting dull already) tied is Coruscant (city-planet, ugh, no thank you) and Mustufar (poorly executed)

In books or other media:

Fave: Serenno (Home of Dooku)

Least Fave: Korriban

9. Ezekial

Ezekial Jedi Master star 3

May 24, 2002
    Naboo is nice. I like the Gungans. I wish we had seen more of them.

Least favorite planets are...

Kamino. That entire section just kinda stunk.
    Coruscant wasn't especially awe-inspiring. A city-planet means...no mountains, no lakes, no rivers or valleys, nothing but grey-brown city. Not interesting.
    The part with the winged flying things in AOTC just wasn't interesting.

10. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    Coruscant is my fav by a long shot. It really captured my imagination - even when I first saw the little snip at the end of the ROTJ special edition.

Least favorite might be Naboo. It's just kind of a little to conventional and earth-like for my sci-fi tastes.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  11. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I think about this often actually when i create an art piece.

I love Cloud City. It's so beautiful. The designs and colors are perfect.

Special mentions to Kashyyk and Kamino (yes I liked the water effects and how the city was made).

I did not care for Yavin at all.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Favorite: Coruscant, I love a good ecumonopolis.

Least; Kamino. A rather spartan water world, not much to see.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I like all of the planets in the movies. Can't think of one I don't like.

14. RepublicKnight95

RepublicKnight95 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2014
    I'd have to go with Kamino, personally. I find rain relaxing, and I love the cleanliness of the buildings, I'd love to visit that planet.

15. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Bespin; I love the idea of a city in the clouds.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Tough one. Personally, when it comes to either trilogy, I believe the second installment presents the most captivating worlds.

My top 3 from the OT are Bespin, Hoth and Dagobah. My top 3 from the PT are Kamino, Geonosis, and Coruscant (as it's depicted in AotC).
    Honorable mention: Mustafar

From there, I narrow it down to Bespin & Kamino.

Ultimately, according to my current mood, my favorite planet is... Bespin. :) It's such a stunning world that captures the imagination.

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I always liked Kashyyyk...wish we could've seen more of it.

Honorable mentions: Naboo, Endor and Geonosis.

18. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Merging with existing 'favourite planet' thread.

19. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Today I'll say the Forest Moon of Endor. Alderaan, Kashyyk, and Tatooine are also up there.

My least favorite would be Kamino. It seems sterile and claustrophobic. Maybe I'd like it if the weather let up; I don't have the same reaction to Bespin, which is similar.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Now that the thread has been 'merged', I'll share my least favorite.

It's Utapau. The planet just doesn't impact me like all the others. I find it dull when compared to the many dynamic worlds already mentioned.

21. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    My favorite is by far Kamino. Kamino offers some of the most beautiful imagery in the entire saga (as does Attack of the Clones in general, for that matter), and I absolutely love rain. The whole place just looks beautiful to me, in an offbeat sort of way. It also really helps that Kamino was host to one of the coolest bits of Attack of the Clones: Obi-Wan's noir-esque detective story. His encounters with Jango Fett (both the conversation indoors and the battle on the landing pad) were both fantastic moments and highlights of not just that film, but the entire saga. The whole situation just oozed class and tension. The reveal of the Clones themselves being grown on Kamino was also one of the most chilling moments in all of Star Wars.

I can't be bothered to coming up with a least favorite. I love all of the planets in one way or another, and taking the time to sift through them and decide is too much effort to put into negativity.

22. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    OT:
    Favorites: Bespin, Tatooine, Hoth & Dagobah
    Least: Yavin IV & Endor

Bespin, however, is where my favorite scenes in the entire saga take place and the design is gorgeous. The Carbonite chamber is very easily my favorite set in the saga, with the Falcon, weather vane and Lars Homestead at sunset next. It's very much about the associations and which sets have become so iconic to me. My favorite imagery on Dagobah is really Luke's face in Vader's helmet, though I love the look of the X-Wing in the swamp.

Unfortunately, the forests used for Yavin and Endor feel a bit generic. Yavin can be excused because it's little more than a brief rebel base and the hangar bay/ceremonial scenes are more interesting than the planet, but Endor just felt like very generic American forestry. It lacks the exotic flavor of even the Tunisian desert and the Norwegian snow (Hoth looks genuinely inhospitable/dangerous and the atmosphere goes so well with where the characters are at--it also feels very unlike every other world in the saga). Endor was a bit dull after Jabba's lair/sail barge and intercut with the Palpatine scenes.

Bespin certainly has the major dramatic connotation, however.

23. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I love Tatooine because it encapsulates the starved, bare bones atmosphere of ANH beautifully. Bespin is great because of the heaven and hell vibe that it creates to coincide with the story unfolding. Hoth again is a setting befitting the state of the narrative. Dagobah superbly executed. Yavin was ok. Endor never really did much for me.

The settings is one area in which the PT excels in my opinion. Naboo beautiful, Coruscant magnificent, although I'd pass on living here. Tatooine is more like Lucas originally envisaged it, but I liked it less. Too much going on now. Some of the Order 66 planets were intriguing and imaginative. Mustafar a bit silly to go with the silly things that happen there.

TOSCHESTATION and NileQT87 like this.
  24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Favs: Coruscant, because I like the big city. Naboo because it reminds me of Italy, I know some of it was shot in Italy, but that's why. Cloud City seemed very interesting to me. Dagobah's look and back story always makes me think of the Jedi/Sith conflict.

25. OBI-TUE_KENOBI

OBI-TUE_KENOBI Jedi Master star 1

Oct 15, 2009
    Well aside from being a nice looking planet that had technology but is not overly crowded like Coruscant, I have to say Naboo is my favorite. And as a bonus it has Natalie Portman and lots of Natalie Portman look-a-likes. :D[face_love]

Alderaan, what little we saw, would be a close 2nd.

Least favorite is Tattooine or Mustafar no hot planets for me thanks.