main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Your favorite and least favorite planet and/or system from the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Stormtrooper Dave, Aug 5, 2013.

1. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Well, there are some places in AL that are amazing. But overall, not missing much.--topic hijack over. Sorry...

2. Taris

Taris Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2014
    For me the water world of Mannan for favorite. Tantoonie as least favorite sand and sandpeople. Who wants to live with sand people! All night hearing sand people using sand talk is a slow slow death.

3. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Favorite: Tattooine

Least favorite: Naboo

4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I might as well add Mon Cala to my list of favorite planets, it had a great exotic feel to it.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My favorite planet in the movies and TCW is Coruscant - I was amazed the first time I saw it as a kid, and I still am at times today. Mortis, Moraband, and the Midichlorian planet all are favorites of mine as well.

Least favorite has to be either Hoth or Tattoine - iceball and dustball = boring to me.

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i like tatooine but we see it a lot. that would be my least fav for that reason only.

7. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Favorite Planet/System: Tatooine
    Reason: It reminds me of the Middle-East which is one of my favorite regions on Terra Firma.

Least Favorite Planet/System: Korriban
    Reason: It's mostly desolate and is the den of the Sith.

8. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Favorite: Dagobah. The fog, the giant trees, the feeling that it's been there forever, the dark side cave, Yoda's hut. It seems like the perfect place to learn about the Force.
    From the Prequels it would be Kamino. I love that there's such a "hard sci-fi" planet in Star Wars.

Least favorite: Coruscant. It all just seems so plastic and busy to me. Coruscant is the epitome of the overcrowded frame, with speeders flying in the background of pretty much every single shot. It would have been cool to see a dirtier, more used city planet.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    It's interesting: check out the 1997 version of Coruscant (at the end of ROTJSE) and some of McQuarrie's art for Had Abbadon (as it was then called). I think those versions might have been just right. TPM even has some good elements. But like you I do think perhaps it got slightly out of hand as it went on.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Favorite: Dagobah
    Least Favorite: Naboo

11. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    Favorite: Has to be Naboo and Coruscant. Some of the scenes from AOTC that Padme and Anikan go are absolutely beautiful. And I love the idea of a whole planet as one big city.

Non-favorite: Hoth, Mustafar, and Genosis.

12. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Favorite: Tatooine. For such an unimportant hunk of rock, a hell of a lot of important stuff happens there. I just love the whole used universe thing at work big time on Tatooine; I love the backwater grunginess of Mos Eisley, Mos Espa and Anchorhead. Just a neat planet all around.

Last Favorite: Naboo. I still feel it would've been better to have Padme come from Alderaan. For one thing, we never got to see too much of Alderaan (nice though to briefly see the surface at the end of ROTS) and another thing, it would be interesting if we had Leia and Padme both being from Alderaan just as both Luke and Anakin are from Tatooine. I dunno.

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Favorite: Corucsant Imperial city would have been cooler than a second death star. Also I love the nasty shady underworld of the EU and PT. (I also like Nar Shadda)

Least favorite: Dagobah its the most boring part of Empire and every videogame I've ever played has that atrocious token dagobah level. (Trials of a jedi rebel stike anyone?)

14. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Favorite: Kamino, Corusant, Naboo, Tatioone
    Least Favorite: Geonosis, Mustafar

15. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Favorite: Hoth and Cloud City
    Least Favorite: Mygeeto , not bad just a bit dull.

scruffylookingnerf likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    favorite: Coruscant

least favorite: Yavin IV

17. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I kind of like unnamed planets; those really let your imagination run wild: Where is it? What's it's name? Who lives there? I guess this was done to a certain extent with Hoth and Dagobah. I find planets with no backstories much more interesting than fleshed-out planets such as Coruscant.
    Anyway:
    Favorite: Dagobah
    Least Favorite: I don't have one.

darth car and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. DarthMaulFTW

DarthMaulFTW Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2014
    Favourite: Genonosis. Prefer Dooku in AOTC than ROTS. Coruscant - Because it is Coruscant.
    Least: Naboo. Jar Jar is all I say.

MaulDooku likes this.
  19. scruffylookingnerf

scruffylookingnerf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2014
    favourite: Bespin. If Lando told me that I belong with him in the clouds, I would've stayed. Naboo is beautiful as well. I love Hoth - the Battle of Hoth is my favourite one from the CT, and I just like the idea of being stuck in a base with hundreds of other people, all of them fighting for the same cause. (But that's probably just me).

least favourite: Tatooine. it's too hot and sandy out there for me.

I'm in two minds about Coruscant. It's kind of like a galactic version of New York - on the one hand I love how it looks and it feels like a 'hip' place to be, but on the other I think it's too crowded, I would've suffocated there.

20. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    My favourite planet from the saga is Coruscant, one step ahead of Tatoooine. The contrast between these two planets could not be greater, but I still like them both for different reasons. I love the concept of a planet that is just one big city; it's something about the energy of such a place, where billions of sentient beings, divided into thousands of different species, are living together in one pulsating megatropolis. I can't explain it very well, but it's very fascinating to me.

Tatooine is a close second because of the nostalgia I feel when I think about it. The first planet to be introduced in Star Wars. It's a desert planet, but I still feel like it's a magical place, full of mystery. And even though Tatooine is considered to be an irrelevant backwater planet, it is somehow always host to some of the most important events in the galaxy. The Force has a strong presence on Tatooine.

My least favourite planet might be Utapau. I don't know, it just wasn't a very interesting place. Most other planets fascinated me in some way or another, but not Utapau. My second least favourite planet is probably Naboo. I can't explain why.

These things might change with time, but for now this is how it is.

21. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Favourite: Tatooine

Least: Coruscant

22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I noticed in Star War most of the planets were based on elements or terrain.
    Kamino the Ocean planet
    Tatooine the Dessert Planet
    Mustafar the Volcanic Planet
    Hoth the Snow and Ice Planet
    Dagabah the Swamp Planet
    Bespin the Cloud Gas Planet
    Endor the Forest Planet
    Coruscent the Urban Planet

What would Geonosis, Yavin and Utapah qualify as? Canons, Jungle and Crator planets?

23. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Geonosis I think would be a barren, rocky desert as opposed to a sandy one like Tatooine... though Geonosis has sand too. Probably the rings are meant to set it apart, too.

Yavin, yeah, jungle.

And Utapau was called 'the sinkhole planet' in preproduction on ROTS if I recall.

24. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Favorites: Coruscant, Naboo, and Bespin/Cloud City.

Least Favorites: Hoth, and Geonosis

25. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Favorite: Hoth Least: Naboo