main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Your Favorite Collectible In Your Collection

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by robertyodarugenstein, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Now I know that everyone in this group has Star Wars stuff in there house and I was wondering what your favorite collectible was. Now you do not need to have a large collection to answer this.

It is hard for me to pick things out of my collection that I like the most because I have so much to pick from. But I would say one of them is my Applause resin statue of Han Solo in Carbonite. My wife got it for me for Christmas of '96. I had no idea that she got it for me.

I would also have to say that my movie posters would be up at the top of the list to. If I remember right they were the first thing's that started me displaying my collection. Plus they where the first things that I put up in our house when we bought it.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    My favorite things would have to be the movies themselves.I mean,those are a must have for any home. :)

Probably after that would be the SW theatrical posters that I have.Not only are they all beautiful,but when you go to the theater,right before you see one of the movies,the posters are one of the first things that you see,and I always got a bit of a rush from that,so I like to try and keep some of that same feeling around me,if that makes any sense.

3. SparklerV

SparklerV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hehe. I'm just young enough that I was becoming a SW fan in the years following RoTJ... like 1986, 1987 or so. I was 9, turning 10. Up at the Dixie Flea Market way up Telegraph, I'd found a guy selling off the OLD SW toys. I bought a box full of figurines for like $3 back then and for a few dollars more, a landspeeder, X-Wing, Ewok Forest, Jabba's palace set (yes, it had the pit that Luke fell into!) and a Tauntaun. :) Pretty cool finds.

I have them all stored away now, but I think having those OLD toys are my favorites. :)

4. jediteddy

jediteddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    my favorite item (besides jedi teddy's scrapbooks) would have to be the movie magazine my parents bought me at the movie theater when we went to see ROTJ. I remember I loved the ewoks then (I was like 8 or something). My how things change as you get older and get some perspective. :)

5. Motman241

Motman241 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'd have to agree that some of the old toys are my faves. I sold a bunch of stuff at garage sales over the years (what was I thinking?!?), but I still have some of it.
    I actually like the old toys better, kinda. They were sculpted poorly, but had better "playability", with vehicles, and odd weapons and stuff. Cripes, I built ships out of Legos for them! These new guys are sculpted WAY better, but the way they stand, it's only good for poses, not playing. They can't fit into any ships- their legs don't bend that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.