Your Favorite Emperor Quote

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Binder-lover, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Only together, can we turn him to the dark side of the Force.
  2. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep, he's defeated thousands of jedi's, why should this one be any different.
  3. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    How many Jedi did he personally defeat? Four? Five, if you include Anakin's help?
  4. anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Master

star 4
    So be it...jedi.
    I take it like he's insulting and belittling the name jedi..and i dont think he's personally killed but a handful.. he's not very hands on.
  5. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, but that five includes the two most powerful Jedi in the Order.

Edit: D'oh I just remembered one of my favorite quotes

"The Son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
  6. sith_rhino Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive." Especially the mocking way in which he says it. Classic.
  7. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't mean personally, I mean triumph behind the scenes. He orcastrated the fall of the jedi and based it on their arrogance. He was able to make the heroes of the galaxy look like complete scum. It's not about physical defeat, but mental.
  8. Freakzillawht2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    my favorite palpatine quotes:
    "I have waited a long time for this moment. My little grenn friend..." [face_skull]
    "Good...let the hate flow through you" [face_devil]
    "Rise" :cool:
    "It seems that in your anger you killed her"
    "Power! Unlimited Power!"
    "not from a jedi"
  9. ACE_Albert Jedi Knight

star 1
    My favorites:

"Your arrogance blinds you." (To Yoda, in ROTS)
    The above quote counts because by that time he was the Emperor

"If you will not be turned... you will be destroyed!" (To Luke Skywalker, in ROTJ)

"Young fool... only now, at the end, do you understand." (To Luke Skywalker, in ROTJ)

"And now, young Skywalker... you will die." (To Luke Skywalker, in ROTJ)
  10. Cryogenic Force Ghost

star 4
    "You have paid the price for your lack of vision!" It works on so many levels. I'm surprised no one's mentioned it. Don't you guys realise that this is one of the greatest lines in cinema? Well, I think it is. :p

Seriously. Just think about it for a second. Now that the prequels are in place, with their constant emphasis on focus, blindness and seeing, this line has TONS of power behind it. It pretty much crystalises the tragedy of Vader and Sidious combined. One is about to make up for not seeing all those years, while the other is about to doom himself and "see" cosmic justice served. A little more literally, Anakin himself has robotic vision, and after he chucks his boss down the chute, he asks Luke to remove his mask once and for all. Of course, the line also works even more literally as an indictment (by Sidious) against Luke; Sids is talking about political vision and the like. It's campy villain rhetoric, character annotation and deep philosophical commentary rolled into one. Lucas is a devil with dialogue -- HONEST!
  11. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It does, but in that situation it's proven to be wrong as Luke was the only one in that throne room who was truly aware of what was happening within Vader.
  12. ACE_Albert Jedi Knight

star 1
    The sentiment expressed was valid: one would pay for a lack of vision. However, while the Emperor thought that Luke would pay for Luke's lack of vision, in the end it was the Emperor who paid for the Emperor's lack of vision.
  13. Cryogenic Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly. Multiple levels. Wheels within wheels. All of Palpatine / Sidious' dialogue is this way. ALL OF IT. But his "vision" line is especially profound.
  14. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    One would, the 'you' in his statement did not.
  15. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The Chancellor should have never brough them into this! Kill them immediately!

This line is just cruel and dangerous!
  16. Cryogenic Force Ghost

star 4
    If we're doing the prequels (i.e. pre-Emperor):

"The negotiations haven't started? But how can that be? I have assurances from the Chancellor . . . his ambassadors did arrive." Yes, but did they survive? Oh, he's a crafty one! This is one of my favourites. Not only is Palpatine being extremely fallacious, but the hologram sputtering out visually suggests that Palpatine is the fraudulent personality. Brilliant!
  17. WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My favorites are the "pitiful little band" bit from VI, my all time favorite is from III when he turns Anakin to the dark side and says "Do what must be done!"
  18. Darth Scourge Force Ghost

star 4
    "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey toward the dark side will be complete."
  19. ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost

star 3
    It's treason then..................EEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
  20. Darth_Laudrup Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the simple but very evil "So be it Jedi"

And on behalf of my roomie I'll also mention his favourite: "From here you will witness the destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant Rebelion"
  21. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh Palpatine has some amazing lines, and Ian delivered them perfectly =D= so i have many favorites, among them:

In the PT:
    "Wipe them out... all of them!" - TPM
    "I can feel your anger...it gives you focus, makes you stronger!" - ROTS
    "It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy... I love the Republic" - AOTC i love this line just because i know he's so full of it when he says it[face_laugh]
    "I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend" - ROTS

In the OT:
    "So be it...Jedi"
    "Now, young Skywalker...you will die"
    "You, like your father, are now mine!"
    "Good. I can feel your anger I am defenseless. Take your weapon! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be complete" - btw, have u noticed how Ian says i can feel your anger exactly the same way in ROTS and ROTJ? fantastic! =D=

22. Jamiebacca Jedi Master

star 4
    All my favourite Palp quotes belong in the PT section.

One of my favourite things in the PT - it's the whole Sidious/Palpatine arc.
    I also LOVE hearing I.M. as the Emperor in ESB.

But I love it ROTJ when he said "AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh". You know, when Vader tossed him?

:cool:
  23. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Chi_of_Force Jedi Knight

star 1
    "I told you to remain on the Command Ship!"

So whiny!
  25. ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost

star 3
    His OT laugh is kind of creepy, now that I think about it. It is shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIJmN9xUhTM&mode=related&search=

I couldn't find a clip of just the emperor scenes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.