main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Favorite Era in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Definitely NJO. The Vong were a completely different kind of villain, and I loved it. And Luke was a badass.

2. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    NJO, though Anakin Jaina and Jacen grew up way too fast and the latter two got a tad borring as they got older

3. Viper78

Viper78 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2016

Same for me!

I loved Shadows of the Empire especially the Outrider and the game for the N64.

4. SouthernYankeeJedi

SouthernYankeeJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2017
    The Clone Wars era, definitely. I just like that type of action the most. War-time struggle. The leadership successes (and failures) of prominent characters on both sides. The triumphs and tragedies for the Republic.

All that good stuff is my bread and butter. I especially like this era because it gives more life to some of my favorite characters who essentially just served as named-extras in the Prequels. I think it also showcases Grievous' hatred for the Jedi very well. It's very similar to real-life hatred of minorities. Making Grievous the ultimate bigot in my mind (and thus making it all the much easier for me to hate him).

I also like a lot of the stuff before the Phantom Menace and in between it and AOTC.

In both portions of the EU/Legends universe, one of my favorite things to read and learn about were the personal struggles of many of the Jedi and their commitment to the Jedi Code. Particularly, the their struggles in regards to the attachment rule (Obi-Wan's experiences with this are particularly interesting to me, in regards to Siri Tachi and Satine Kryze. His response to both of their deaths is amazing to me. The true poise of a leader and a Jedi. )

Another struggle that was fun to follow was the mental trials and tribulations of Quinlan Vos.

5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    You know something cool about the Legends EU is that the Old Republic endured for nearly 25,000 years. That's an incredibly long time for RL standards. Yet somehow it makes sense and "fits" I guess for epic space opera.

I'd say the aforementioned eras of the republic, the hundred year darkness, Legacy, pre-republic era, and NJO era.

6. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I prefer the eras of the Old Republic and the Rebellion.

7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I can't pick just one. I would say KOTOR and Clone Wars (I prefer Legends CW vs. TCW).

spicer and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Same, particularly that excellent run of Republic comics.

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    To me, the Republic comics are the heart of the PT era. Without them, I feel that Ep. I-III are missing something.

10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Indeed

Throw in the micro series and books like Shatterpoint and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and you got yourself an great era.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The pre-republic era is cool, the celestials, tho yor, Rakata, Gree, Kwa, human sleeper ships and rebellions, Sharu

King Adas.

12. DarthKuriboh

DarthKuriboh Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2007
    The old republic and the NJO. I freaking loved the NJO, both the series and the general era.. NJO, Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Rise of the Empire era, and New Sith war times. Particularly as they begin merging the old Republic with the Prequel Republic.

14. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    NJO is my guiltiest of guilty pleasures hehehehe

15. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    The rise of the Empire/era between EP3 and 4

16. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Post RotJ, specifically YJK/JJK to about the middle/end of NJO. By the end of NJO the magic was gone, and pre-RotJ (for someone like me who got into SW long after the OT left theaters) is just back story.

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I always found the periods in between the legion of lettow and hundred year darkness interesting.

18. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    5) Rebellion. Gotta love the classics!
    4) The Old Republic. Hate to lump them all into one category, but there's so many great stories spread through this vast era.
    3) New Jedi Order. I really haven't read far enough, but it's gritty and intense and the Vong rock!
    2) Clone Wars. Tartovsky's show and Republic make for an incredible era.
    1) Legacy. Second Empire for the win!

KaleeshFett and spicer like this.
  19. Old Republic era and post Return of the Jedi era

20. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    5 to 20 ABY
    Also known as X-Wing to Survivor's Quest

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So I have a bit of a question for you all.

How do you imagine the Star Wars far future? 200 ABY-10,000 ABY(or later)

The legends canon ended with Wredd's insurgency being defeated and the Sith supposedly gone(I don't believe that) as Nihl, Stryfe, Talon still alive.

So in the legends canon how do you all imagine the Jedi-Sith conflict ending? The course of the Galactic Alliance Triumvirate?

The far future? Will the Jedi be different? Will the Sith?

This may be a little off from the original topic but I have always wondered what happens after events in Legends concluded?

22. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    10k ABY

The concept of Jedi and Sith are gone. Only Force users are present. No schools. Just "home schooled" people able to use the Light Side or Dark Side as situation warrants.

Colonization outside of Galaxy

Warlordism because Star Wars.

The galaxy is carved between 20 or so different powers of different power levels.

Skywalker/Solo/Fel families are but legends.

A Jedi queen is but a myth.

Technology wise nothing changed because Star Wars

23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    I guess the conflict of Jedi vs. Sith will continue. They might take different names and there will be different families but ultimatley it will be the same.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Abeloth would return at some point.

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    #ABen4Life