main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Fanfiction Moment?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kudzu, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    This is a wonderful opportunity to shamelessly brag about your favorite scene in any fanfiction that you've written. Sometimes, the best scenes are what make an otherwise ordinary story :) So go ahead and share yours! I beg of you!

So far, I think my favorite scene out of the fanfictions that I've written is...well, hmm. I suppose it'd be a tie between Commander Raster and A-51's conversation at the end of What Is Real and Ganner's assault in Stars Called Galaxy. Although there are several that I've written and really liked.

Or maybe I'm just crazy :p [/Deja-Vu!Luke]

Post! Post away, my good fellows, ladies and gents! [face_monkey]

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    All right, I can't pick just one, so...

In the original Lest Ye Be Judged, there's a scene where Anakin Skywalker has just died the night before he would have been sentenced for his war crimes and Leia is given the task of preparing the body for burial. At one point, something she says to him triggers a memory of her and Tarkin on the Death Star and she completely collapses, her cheek pressed to his lifeless hand. That's got to be one of my top scenes for me.

In The Other Half, part 1, Vader has to testify against his daughter regarding the destruction of Alderaan and it's right after they've started coming to terms with each other and his lies on the stand have to destroy all of that. It was the first time I called him Anakin and Vader and Leia's father alternately and very pointedly to explain his thoughts.

And, most recently, in In Sickness and In Health, Padme is a medic who had to save Vader's life 10 years after ROTS. He tries to get her to come back with him to the Empire, but there's too much hurt there and too much danger for her, so he agrees to 'forget' her and the world in return for her services. My favorite moment, though, is when she has just agreed to this and has to reconstruct Vader around him and return him to the Empire, knowing that she probably won't ever get another chance.

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Best moments:
    I'm going to shamelessly dredge up some of the moments I thought came in under the radar.

Dramatic:
    The shadow/dream sequence from A Night Like Any Other
    A distinct chiaroscuro entity perpetually on the edge of her peripheral vision, she did not like to be alone because she could feel it watching her.

Spooky/Freaky:
    Captain Panaka on security detail in the Temple post-ROTS in Unanswered Questions
    Eyeless. Never would he forget that face if he lived past this night. She had no eyes, only a thick cauterized scar. Honestly, he could not say whether or not she even had a mouth, he refused to look. He bit his lip to keep his teeth from chattering and squeezing his eyes shut he continued up the stairs.

Utterly Cool--"oqidaun-you-rock-moment":
    Palpy's wisdom to Anakin at the end of the first chapter of A Cacophony of Voices which ties it together with its part one in A Thousand Shades of Gray.
    ?Many years ago, I had a mentor, a very wise man and he told me that one?s journey to understanding begins with the realization that the galaxy is made up of a thousand of shades of gray.?

4. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    ?Many years ago, I had a mentor, a very wise man and he told me that one?s journey to understanding begins with the realization that the galaxy is made up of a thousand of shades of gray.?

I like that. :D

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ok. You DID ask to be shameless here! :p My favorite scene is either the Wes Janson scene after he ate the pies in "A Tale of a Fateful Trip", or Chewie's reaction to Han when he returns in "Separate Lives".

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I have two favorite scenes.

In Betrayal, the fight scene among Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Atel and Anakin when Obi-Wan comes to arrest Qui-Gon for murder. I'd never written a fight scene before and it came out just the way I wanted it.

In As the Furniture Flies (a round-robin), when Ms. THX sends a blaster bolt towards the evil Darth Nemesis and it is deflected into the sewerage tanks, causing them to burst open and drenching both Qui-Gon Jinn and Ms. THX in smelly brown liquid. Of course, Biff the bodyguard (my favorite OC) and Nemesis get away clean and smell free...

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Actually, my favorite moments aren't from my own fics. I have two: one is in obi_ew's Redemption series when Obi-Wan finds out he has a son...er, a clone. And then in Gina's Betrayal, I simply adore the ending. Gina's viggie is in the archives, and obi_ew's Redemption series can be found by clicking on her name. :D

I'll have to see if I can come up with something I've written, but when I read the thread title, those are the moments that came to mind.

Oh, and Anakin's battle meld in the same Redemption series by o_e!

8. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Kudzu, you're a genius. :D

My favourite moments? From A Knight's Tale:"... Obi-Wan was staring into the middle distance by this time, eyes watering in a suspicious manner?while Qui-Gon had buried his head in his arms again, shoulders shaking. They finally roused each other enough to rise, pull out the miserable lovers apart, set aright the castle, and watch the fitting finale? "

And in Lotus Leaves, when Qui-Gon thinks about his connection with the Living Force.

And Fields of Elysia, when Amri-Lon Jinn has his first look at his son. :D

I think, in Diane's Betrayal, I liked the bit where Master Obi-Wan first meets Qui-Gon, who's having a great time wallowing in the gardens. Oh, the exquisite angst of it...

And I loved the last paragraph in Vadey's Far From Home... heart-breaking. [face_love]

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Hopefully, though, it didn't disrupt the plumbing...I think some certain people might have needed to take showers after that particular incident...

10. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I'm not completely sure about this, but I'll say tentatively that my favorite fanfic moment is the first time Luke contacts Ben in my Old Friends Long Gone fic... [face_laugh]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I thought of one of my own...

I loved it when Ashram asked Lord Vader if the Dark Side was more powerful than love. It felt like it was Ashram leading this conversation, not me. It just felt right.

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Since this is shameless then I should be posting here.

Favorite moments from The One He Save

- Well I thought the chapters about H/L's wedding and the wedding ceremony were very lovely and mush filled.

- Comedy wise people might agree that Han being auctioned off by the Bounty Hunter was funny, especially since the bidding got to a million credits.

- The toughest moment I have yet to write but I know it will be one of my favorites - it involves whether or not I kill Han. [face_devil]

As for other writing I think the song fic I just wrote is one of my strongest pieces. And I love all my challenge response and I'd feel bad picking just one. Ok so I'm done with the shameless plugging.

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Kudzu - several showers. I really loved that round-robin. It was a lot of fun and just plain silly. And I loved Biff [face_love] in it.

Thanks P_A[face_blush]

Other people's fics -
    I loved the last scene in Marnie's Redemption when Qui-Gon held out a hand to Obi-Wan and he took it. Oh, wonderful.
    Shaindl's Dark Side of the Road in the Road series when Obi-Wan was ready to give his soul to save Anakin
    Red_Rose_Knight Tale of A Jedi: Vol. 1 when Ben'al put a lightsaber through his own chest to spear the evil Sith witch behind him.
    Princess_A's In the eyes of the beholder when her OC (Lersen Tyree) realizes just how much Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan care for each other.
    Knight_Aragorn's Mutilated Heart - heck the whole thing was superb.

editing to get it right

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    That's difficult. I'm not particularly proud of my The Final Battle, but I've written that for 30some chapters and my favorite scene was when Ben threw a fruit peel over a ledge and tripped a group of Yuuzhan Vong from miles away.

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    VL you're too sweet! [face_blush]

Two that spring to mind:

Shaindl's wonderful fic The Roads We Travel Shatter and Split when Garen is willing to sacrifice himself in order to save Obi-Wan. :)

VaderLvrs Viggy One of Us. Not only was it from the POV of my new fave character Whie Malreaux, but it was heartbreaking to read. :_|

My own? [face_worried] My current fic Price of Courage. The opening scene which has Whie surviving Anakin's attack on the Temple.

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I cringe whenever I go back and read my stuff. :p But there have been a few highlights:

For the Obi thread's "Kill Obi" challenge, I had Aalto kill him off. :D Then, for the following "Challenge Frenzy," Shaindl challenged me to write a confrontation between Garen and Aalto. So I had Aalto kill off Garen, too. Both deaths were devoid of typical violence - I tried really hard to make them creepy and warped, and I'm proud of how they turned out.

For the "Evil Obi" challenge, I tried to write in the style of epic Latin and Greek poems. Ended up creating a few lines of description that I wowed myself with. :p

I seem to be good with animals. :p A Xan vig with a cat, and an Aalto vig with a puppy. I'm really happy with how the animals became their own characters.

I have so many from other people's works. Need some time to make a list!

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Jade, I remember those. The kill Obi and garen stories were really creepy!

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    My first fics were just bad. *shudders*

InStolen Moments,, the end was my favorite. The final sentence sums it up very well. I love it. Her and Anakin's marriage had been difficult, but she would hold every stolen moment close to her heart until the end of her days.

My other favorite has to be in The Galaxy According to Jaina after Anakin's death. It's very emotional and powerful. Her anger and hopeless is very obvious.

Of course, I love most of my vigs too. :p

19. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, blatant self-promotion time.

I'd say the best thing I've personally written is the confrontation between Anakin and Palpatine in Shroud of the Shadow (link in signature). Throughout the story (which is pretty long) I brought up tidbits of Sidious's past, and everything came together during that scene as I mixed the confrontation itself with flashbacks of both participants that added meaning to the events that were happening. Everything that happened in that scene, from my POV, had significance to it as I tied together all the themes and symbolic-ish stuff I developed earlier in the story.

A little vignette called First Sight I am pretty proud of too. It's a short and sweet little story that was kind of challenging for me to write because a lot of it was from the POV of a 5 year old Padme, but there's a nice little twist at the end that I think people might like.

The last story I finished, a short story The Blue Lady of Mustafar I still don't know what to think of yet. I accomplished what I wanted to do and more, but I still feel that it could've been so much more.

20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    ISB Chronicles: Reprisals

My ISB agents, Alex and Acen, at a night-time spaceport landing field, trying to stop Slave-1 taking off.

To Acen's shock, Alex goes to the back of their car and pulls out a SoroSuub Equaliser shoulder-launched ion cannon.

One shot, the vessel's engines dim from white to yellow, then go white again.
    Second shot, the engines go orange.
    Third shot, the engines go dead.

Jubilant, my agents are still cheering as Slave-1 drifts a bit, smashing through the glazed front of an empty passenger terminal to land in the departure lounge. The glass is that safety stuff, that crystallizes into those little cubes, raining down around the vessel as it passes through.

Scene is based on a Miami Vice sequence from loooooooooong ago where Crockett and Tubbs bring down a commercial amphibious plane that a drug lord is using to escape their jurisdiction.

21. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    For my own fics -- can I just sort of, hold up the whole of "What Planet Are We On Again?", because I really, really love a lot of the crack I've written in that.

Oh, and most of "Back Together", especially the third post. All of the third post. Especially this moment:

There was a clattering from the other side of the door, followed by a muffled, "Hang on a second!" Then the door opened, Jaina Solo looked at them through a small gap, said, "Oh," and slammed it shut again. "Kyp," came a muffled call from the other side of the door, "call building security!"

"Well," Hobbie remarked dryly, "that went well. I really like how promising this plan is so far; in fact, I think it's going so well that I might just leave you to it." He turned to head back to the turbolift, but something jerked the back of his collar.

Wes spun him round and grinned cheerfully. "Solo!" he shouted at the door, still in an incessantly cheerful manner. "Come on, we just want to talk!"

"You keep using this collective pronoun," Hobbie noted.

I'll get back to you on other people's fics. I can't limit it to just a single moment for each of them... XD;

22. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    For other people's fics...just about every moment of Ignite The Stars but the ending was just wonderful and moving. And just about anything I've ever read by VaderLVR64.

My stuff....hard to crystalize. There were lots of moments that I loved writing in Fall of the Sith, which was truly a labor of love for me.

Spoiler!! The one that stands out is Yoda's death scene. The other one is the moment that Anakin understands the meaning of acceptance. I loved writing those and they're the only scenes I don't have an overwhelming urge to go back and rewrite.

23. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    [face_thinking]

My absolute favorite scene to write--was in Dark Legacy when Dooku gives Obi-Wan his sith name. Too much fun :p

For others

o_e Face Inside- when Xan gives Obi-Wan a 'present' ;)

Also in Learning: When Tamir faces Kanoa and they fight it out. Great action and angst [face_love]

kayladie Sleight of Hand: When Luke and Mara share their first kiss [face_love]

Kyn

The First: When Lindoro meets with Palpy and they find a 'strange' connection [face_skull]

palpy560

Lightsaber Up His Sleeve: Blah, too many to relate! Gen Grievous finds his true love [face_love]

Gina

Coming Storm: That ending I will NEVER forget.

Noi

Shrouded Path: Flashbacks with Xan and Qui :) And those Xan/Obi scenes :*

Zane

When Iant finds his true destiny [face_skull]

LE

That AU with Obi-Wan bringing Anakin back to the light at the end of ROTS.

I have more, but I have to get ready for work :_|

24. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    It was one of the first stories I read after I stumbled onto this board--before I knew about leaving comments or even how the board worked, but it's still one of my favorites. My favorite moment is when Anakin Sr. meets Mara Jade for the first time in years. Circle of Light by Jedi Trace and Rhonderoo. http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16965465/?10

Another favorite is Embers by Kele-en. My favorite moment is when Padme and Anakin meet again Post-ROTJ (very unique AU). http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20516342

25. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ooh, this is fun looking!

I think my all time favorite would have to be Eryl's piece in Why I Screamed, mainly because it just stunned me! I'm such a Raynar/Lusa shipper I had a hard time doing her, but I think it ended up being the most successful viggie of that whole piece. Weird.

I loved writing the 'Zekk and Deirdra falling asleep next to each other' scene in Dawn Over Endless Night, because it was really fun to write, and I rarely write cute stuff.

Final one on my list would have to be Out Tonight (A songfic, so I'm counting the whole thing! :p ) I had never ever written anything like that, and I was so suprised at how it came out! And happy! I think I managed to get the mood of the song and the fic to match really well, and felt like my characterization was pretty good! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.