Your Favorite Fast Food Sandwich Comes From...

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DVeditor, Sep 29, 2005.

?

Your Favorite Fast Food Sandwich Comes From...

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Burger King 15 vote(s) 14.7%
McDonalds 12 vote(s) 11.8%
Runza 2 vote(s) 2.0%
Subway 26 vote(s) 25.5%
Blimpie 1 vote(s) 1.0%
Arby's 5 vote(s) 4.9%
Wendy's 14 vote(s) 13.7%
KFC 1 vote(s) 1.0%
Sonic 2 vote(s) 2.0%
Other (please specify) 24 vote(s) 23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -RebelScum- Force Ghost

star 6
    If by sandwitch you mean hogie style I'd say home-made all the way, but if hamburgers count it is Whataburger.

-The Scummy-
  2. AnakinsGirl Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
    Subway, with honorable mentions for Sonic and In-N-Out. :D
  4. Apailana Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i love Subway.

Italian six inch with tuna, lettuce and black olives. No sauces. no salt and pepper. Bag of plain chips & a chocolate Milk to Go.
  5. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek: I love that combination!
  6. PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight

star 2
    RUNZA! =P~

weezer: It's a Mid-west thing.

7. Liesl Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the chicken sandwich from BK...I know it's bad, but it tastes good.
  8. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    They do sandwiches ??????

They're called burgers over here...

Generally cooked meat in a bun is a burger isnt it ??

My vote went for KFC regardless...

Chicken Fillet Burger... =P~
  9. Paradise in Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Subway. For a vegan like myself, their Veggie Delite is pretty much the only sandwich option out there.
  10. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I guess depending on where you draw mid-west at.

[image=http://www.runza.com/images/map/map3.gif]

It is quite good, don't get me wrong. We drive down to Ft. Collins for it all the time. It was just very, very, very odd to see it on the poll since I'm used to the "international" flare of the place.

I'm used to seeing people talk about chains with heavy market penetration in NY and California (like In and Out, which I really want to try someday) not a small regional franchise which is based on the ethnic ancestry of the area.

I forget, are garden burgers vegan friendly?

The subways around here used to make the best garden burger subs. I'll still get them even though I'm not vegetarian anymore. In fact I haven't had one in so long I might get it for lunch tomorrow (if they still have it, haven't been to subway in awhile either).

BK used to have a garden burger type thing too that they'd sub out on anything. Not sure if they still have it or not or if its vegan friendly but if you get burnt out on the Veggie Delite you might have some other options.

Edit: After a bit of research the BK's Veggie burger is vegan. The bun isn't (how is that for irony) and obviously as prepared (with mayo) it wouldn't be but since you can "have it your way" now you've got another option.

Then again some vegan/vegetarians/people in general find the idea of "meatless meat" pointless and just plain silly.
  11. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    For the past few months Subway has been my thing, so I gotta vote that.
  12. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Cousin's Cheesesteak
    Arby's Roast Beef & Cheddar
  13. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
  14. Paradise in Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never tried them. But Subway doesn't mention them in their FAQ:

What menu items at SUBWAY® restaurants are vegan/do not contain animal-derived ingredients?

The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. Also these individual items also do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and Fruizle. The wheat bread and deli roll contain honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.

I tried the BK Veggie when I was just a regular vegetarian. It was good, but it's not vegan, even though some websites claim it is. BK's website states it clearly:

BK VEGGIE® BURGER

Vegetables (Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts, Onions, Carrots, Green Bell Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Black Olives), Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Protein Concentrate, Wheat Gluten, Water for Hydration), Egg Whites, Cooked Brown Rice (Water, Brown Rice), Rolled Oats, Corn Oil, Calcium Caseinate, Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Wheat), Onion Powder, Corn Starch, Salt, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Natural Flavors from non-meat sources, Sugar, Soy Protein Isolate, Spices, Garlic Powder, Dextrose, Jalapeño Pepper Powder, Celery Extract. Contains: Soy, Wheat, Milk and Egg. This is NOT a vegan product. The patty is cooked in the microwave.

Oh, how I miss that place! I used to eat their veggie sandwich and pizza all the time. But they went bankrupt or something and all their locations in my area were replaced by Krispy Kreme. :(
  15. JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Master

star 4
    Jimmy Johns - beach club sub w/black olives
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Burger King, The Spicy Tendercrisp sandwich is the King in my book.
  17. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Those tendercrisp sandwiches are great.

:eek: Those still exist? We used to have a few in Minnesota, but all the ones I knew of were closed a few years back. I miss that place, if you were in a soup and sandwich mood that was the place to be.
  18. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. LadyAngelic Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Lord-Revan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Double Olive Burger from Hot n Now!
  21. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I already voted for Subway, but that was before I tried Quizno's Veggie Sub. The bread is tastier than Subway's and the ingredients are fresher.
  22. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I like Burger King, though Runza comes in a close second with Sonic coming in third. In terms of regular, non life threatening sandwichs, I occassionally eat at Subway. But mostly I eat their bologna sandwiches. I don't eat there often since I can just as easily make it at home.
  23. icqfreak Force Ghost

star 4
    I love burgers, so I voted other for Hardee's thick burgers. I love big burgers, and theirs are the biggest.
  24. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Arby's Chicken Bacon and Swiss
  25. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Wendys

Spicy Chicken Sandwich is teh delicioUs!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.