main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Footnotes

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Battlehymn_Republic, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Who are you favorite once-mentioned, incredibly obscure characters and concepts of the EU that are far more deserving to be included in more stories than your average "What's the story?" background nobody?

Kaarenth Dissension: A pro-aliens Imperial warlord faction? Could merit further depictions or at least information. And the Meres Ulcane kid seems to be like a female version of Leonia Tavira- all precocious and not-evil looking. We could use more unlikely Imperials. I'm sure that eventually once we're all burnt out of LOTF and Legacy and the time in-between we might head back to the immediate post-ROTJ era. The galaxy's a big place, so I hope that this group could appear again. And what kind of name is "Dissension" for an organization, anyways?

Marath Vooro: A belligerent corporate flunky Separatist? He seems like he could had gone out in one final blaze of glory in the name of the Confederacy. I like to imagine that he continued an independent guerrilla campaign in the Outer Rim unconnected to the Rebel Alliance. Whenever I create a "CIS reborn" faction for games or stories, it's always him as the grizzled vet striking a deal with the Zann Consortium and the children of Iaco Stark.

Durrei: Hold on, not only was he an anti-Imperial self-taught Dark Jedi, but he was part of a splinter Imperial organization? His story is just begging to be elaborated.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Set Harth: I mean, come one, is writing up a story about Palpatine tracking this guy down and tearing secrets from his mind too much to ask?

3. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Shannon Voorson - As a computer scientist she and Ghent are my two favorite characters so I have always imagined her becoming part of the crack team of hackers Leia put Ghent in charge of.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Nantz and Jid'yda. Both minor mentions from the BFC. Nantz, however, is at that point the NR's senior flag officer and is continually mentioned in the same breath as Ackbar. He's extremely high-ranking. How come we never see him anywhere else? And Jid'yda is another major fleet commander about whom we know nothing, except that he sounds Bothan. These are characters with a ton of potential, characters we ought to be seeing.

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Wasn't there a woman out there who fancied herself to be Han Solo's illegitimate daughter?

6. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Danielle Kieran

7. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Norrin Vaxx. We don't have an article on him on the Wookiee, but he's an aging Dark Jedi gladiatorial combatant in The Broken Tusk. However, he's not the top gladiator. In the same vein, Lusubrin T'shkali. What was it about this Nagai that made him able to take down Dark Jedi and bloodthirsty Barabel? Could definitely have a cool BTS for what he was doing in the Nagai-Tof War. Maybe he's even Den Siva himself...

Also, not sure if this counts as a footnote character, but I'd definitely like to hear more about Vialco.

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Or Darth Nihl.

9. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I remember really liking this character after reading the short story about her. Wish this character could have been developed more.

10. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
  11. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I've always loved the 24th Bombardment Squadron from the BFC novels. Characters like Hodo and Miranda Doni always intrigued as being worthy of further development.

12. Battlehymn_Republic

Oct 6, 2007
    Why, it's almost like Peace Camp Canada.

Also, this has got to be the worst thing the EU ever tried to sexualize, ever. Not ever furries can compare. Not even D&D ever tried to make the illthids sexy.

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'll have to go with Set Harth as well, you could base an entire novel series around him.

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Something like Vector? That'd be cool.

15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    You can read more about it here, if you have Hyperspace.

16. Battlehymn_Republic

Oct 6, 2007
    Bump because I want more footnotes.

17. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I liked Tigris in The Crystal Star (once-mentioned though perhaps not obscure).

I know I know, it's a cruddy book that everyone likes to dump on (and with good reason), but I thought he was a good character and I really cared about what happened to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.