Your favorite inaccurate Prequel "spoiler"/rumor?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MechanicalAnimal, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. DarthHook Jedi Knight

I, too remember being up in arms because the rumor was that Boba Fett was going to decinigrate (sp?) Mace Windu.
  2. arwen_sith Force Ghost

star 4
    Kitster=Boba Fett is the only one I heard... But I wasn't listening very hard at the time.
  3. Hananiah Jedi Master

star 4
    The rumour I heard for Episode three and was sad that it was never in was that somone under Obi Wan's command called him 'Ben', it was obviously a longstanding thing between them and Anakin was around and heard. Obi Wan and Anakin had a discussion and when Anakin turned to leave he called Obi Wan, Ben. Obi Wan turned to him and said 'Don't call me Ben'
  4. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3

Recall also the recent ridiculous lies posted on milleniumfalcon.com, just before ep 3.

- Yoda would dress up as a baby, carried by ob-wan as they assaaulted the clone infested jedi temple.

- Yoda would generate a lightsaber made up of pure force energy.

etc etc
  5. Gungan_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember hearing a rumor for ROTS that Vader's robotic parts were from General Grievous, but it turned out to be untrue.
  6. Darth_Absolute Jedi Knight

star 1
    i remember a few about episodes 2 and 3 i heard around school like anakin would blow the jedi temple up and train jar jar then kill him and the villian for episode 2 was suppose to be darth rage and finally that vader wore the leather suit like a batman suit or something
  7. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Padme/Anakin/Obi-Wan love triangle. That was by far the best rumor.

~PK~
  8. Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    In the novel, Yoda did dress up as a baby.

Darth Rage is SuperShadow. *Shudders*
  9. mynameismyown Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the films were pretty straightforward considering all the wild speculations involved
  10. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    One of the funniest ones that I remember was that Celine Dion would be recording a single for AOTC :)
  11. arabiansanchez Jedi Master

star 4
    Palpatine is Sidious's clone. ROFL ROFL ROFL.
  12. The_Demon_Hunter Jedi Padawan

Actually Palps as Sidious' clone would have had some merit. Make the Senator who seems to be the the great manipulator as a mere pawn himself. Layers upon layers.....
  13. darthlibby Jedi Padawan

I saw one that said Obi-Wan was Anakin's biological father. It also said that Darth Maul killed Padme at the end of Ep 1, which is why Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul.
  14. jedimaster11 Force Ghost

star 2
    I thinkit was for AOTC when casting reports were coming..Catherine Zeta Jones playing a bounty hunter or Sith.
  15. JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH Jedi Master

star 1
    Hmm, that's weird, I've only heard of that rumor concerning Celine Dion in TPM doing a song. How bizare!
  16. mandragora Force Ghost

star 4
    Boba Fett revealed to be a woman :eek:
  17. magicfann Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remember hearing that there would be a four-sided purple lightsaber in Episode III haha.
  18. Wester547 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoda would be young.
  19. Barefoot-Sith-Chick Jedi Padawan

I remember reading one for TPM (which I think may have been more speculation) where Darth Maul was a clone of Obi-Wan, and that was the reason Obi-Wan was going to kill him.

I think it's interesting that the Obi/Ani/Ami love triangle theory for AOTC ran rampant back in the day, then was debunked, then George pulls a fast one on us and makes Palpatine hint at it to Anakin in ROTS. (in the novel, at least) :p
  20. Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Love triangle. Young Obi-Wan in love *shivers*
    N'Sync: Yay! (d^_^b)
    Yoda farting: When I told my friend about this he said :"Finally a good reason to see ROTS" Ha! (He was so dissapointed when I told him about the rule of 2. Poor guy was expecting hundreds of Sith killing Jedi and wrecking havoc) :(
  21. muTron Jedi Knight

I remember the rumour that Christopher Walken would play a dark character that was not a Sith but had some sort of strange power. I even remember the fan trailer with the Braveheart guys with lightsabers and Walken was in it.

That was great.
  22. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    -The Obi/Ani/Ami triangle was definitly the first thing that came to mind. If I'm not mistaken, there was even fan art or some article in the Star Wars insider back when the rumor was first around ...

(found randomly on first page of google results):
    [image=http://www.amberskys-world.de/artwork/pics/circle.jpg]

-I favored the Boba killing Mace for so long, lol.
    -Obiwan and Owen were brothers or half brothers etc
    -Darth Maul was Anakin's father
    -Qui-Gon was Anakin's father
    -Sideous was Anakin's father

...you know, I think everyone was Anakin's father at one point...

but I do remember reading something with Liam Neeson saying that he asked George if his character could kiss Shimi after she told him about Anakin being "special" and George said no way.
  23. zombie Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally forgot about QuiGon=Anakin's father! During the shooting of the film, the whole world was convinced that Liam Neeson's character was Anakin's dad!
  24. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    yeah!...and that was around during the obi-wan = owen's brother...

can you imagine the relationships that would have ensued? rofl!
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.