main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    That, and the moment in this scene when Bail Organa bumps his fist on the balcony in silent defeat. So much foreshadowing. So poignant.

2. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Padme's face when Anakin is telling her about the tusken slaughter. So haunting.

3. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
    This is why I love Lucas-Era Star Wars: there's so many things for you to go back to and look at. So many little, subtle details. They're like a Disney Park ride: you notice something that you didn't the first time. Ironically, with the current Disney-Era Star Wars, there's nothing for me to back to. It's just something the machine cranked out. I haven't touched the videos since I've bought them. It's like the difference between something that is delicately hand-crafted with love, and something that was mass printed and cast from a mold.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    [​IMG] The functioning maneuvering flaps on the wings of the Arc 170s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Obi-Wan saying. "Another happy landing." while running his hand through his hair and laughing.

6. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    The scene in TPM where Qui-Gon puts his hand on Shmi's shoulder and says, "I'll watch over him," or something like that. That one Jedi girl in the Battle of Geonosis who thrusts out her hand and yells "Yaaahhhhh!!!!!" while doing a Force Push. Always loved her. (In my family, we call her the "Yah Girl". Obi-Wan's little smile and head shake thing in between when Dex says "Knowledge" and "Wisdom" in the diner. And...

...wait, was this supposed to only be one????? :confused:

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Anakin and Obi Wan's last happy meeting when Obi Wan says "I am very proud of you." It's heartbreaking knowing what's coming.

8. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    One of the details ive noticed recently that I never noticed before is that in the back of wattos shop is c3po's shiny casing ... Obviously Anakin has recently removed this to work on him. Love seeing the details. Really fell in love with the pt when I had kids....iTS when it really works...the wonder of a five yesr old, how old I was in 77

MarcJordan and Count Yubnub like this.
  10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I can't believe I missed this! Awesome. Love all the background stuff going on in the PT.

Triad Moons and teamhansolo like this.
  11. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    One weird thing I noticed in AotC, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are arguing about Senators, and Anakin says, "The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt." but never actually says he isn't corrupt. Anyone else notice that?

12. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I love that scene coupled with the music overlooking the "early Empire" in the making. It is so powerful. I remember that in the cinema for the first time, and to this day it gives me feels.

It's hard to pick one scene, as otherwise I'll end up talking about every scene in every PT movie!

But I like the pre Arena confession of Anakin and Padme. I also like the goodbye old friend scene of Anakin and Obi Wan with the wonderful William's score as Obi Wan jumps to hyperspace. And even the march on the Jedi Temple.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Did you know this was originally going to be the music used for the departure of the Clone Army? Mind you, it is only a temp track where the Imperial March later ended up in its place.

I really like it. It should be used somewhere.

BTW, that shot of the troops walking up the boarding ramp looks absolutely stunning in the 3D converted AOTC. The horizon really felt like it was miles away. Hopefully the 3D PT will see a home release someday (I missed out on seeing ROTS 3D).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  14. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    I think the trumped-up version of The Imperial March really nailed that scene down in chilling fashion.

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    John Williams outdid himself in the PT, especially in AOTC. Timing and leitmotifs are perfect.

16. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    That sounds great! Overall, I'm glad they chose the Imperial March, imo that version of the Imperial March sounds much more threatening (it's my favorite version of Imperial March after all), though I do think it should definitely be used at some point.

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    As was pointed out to me by Seagoat, when Mace beheads Jango, we can see two shadows, indicating that the head fell out of the helmet:
    [​IMG]

A very grisly little detail.

18. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    There are still things about AOTC that I didn't know until 2018. That's outstanding.

19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Anakin visitng padme In ROTS — when threepio asks if she needs anything and he says he feels so....helpless

MarcJordan and Tonyg like this.
  20. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Yes, more underrated dialogue. And what's more is I wonder what Anakin was going to say next when he followed that with "He's a good man. My...." when they sensed the trouble in Padme's bedroom.

But back to "The Chancellor doesn't appear to be corrupt."
    I think saying it this way made Anakin appear to Kenobi as if he's holding Palpatine in a neutral regard. And yet it still says so much and on many levels. Not just in-universe but to the audience as well.
    Much like the audiences of Shakespeare's Othello are in on Iago's plan, we are in on Palpatine's plan, therefore making us feel complicit in the tragedy.

So much of Star Wars revolves around appearances.

"I am not what I am." - Iago.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Tonyg and MarcJordan like this.
  21. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Loved the “any activity up here?” By Obi Wan and Anakin’s reply;”quiet as a tomb” .

Just perfect character styles by two very different individuals.

Made me laugh out loud.

MJ

Tonyg and Subtext Mining like this.
  22. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Im sure its here in the thread somewhere but my favorite scene in the prequels(and one of my favorite scenes in the entire saga) is when Padme/Anakin are shown staring out their prospective windows towards the end of ROTS just contemplating whats happening and how it will effect them. This is epic film-making and this scene still gives me the chills and almost induces tears. Its wicked because its mostly silent, sans some great background music and Anakins tears feel so real.

Poeple can mock George and the prequels all they want but good luck finding a better filmed & impactful scene than this in any movie, IMO.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Deliveranze likes this.
  23. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    Not sure if this is the best place to put it, but I've argued for years that GL made Jar Jar hated on purpose.
    By ROTS, he's a senator from Naboo and is the one who offers up the suspension of democracy to allow the Empire to form.
    He goes from being a hated character in our universe to being a hated character in the GFFA.

If events were indeed constructed that way, it was a brilliant move on Lucas' part.

24. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Definitely. What makes that scene so impactful is that it's the Doomsday Clock 30 years in the making. Who would've imagined Anakin's last day before being consumed by evil would be so heart-breaking. The suspense, the tension, the fact that we know what is coming and what these movies are leading up to is just nail-biting. Everything is so...isolated.

Anakin and Padme are just sitting alone in the twilight of a metropolis, contemplating on each other. It's so depressing, so hopeless, so futile. I think George masterfully captured that.

Plus Anakin's tear can mean so much. Whether you interpret him as scared of Padme's death or scared for himself since he knows he will have to sacrifice himself to the darkness in order to save her and he knows once he goes down that path, he won't be able to come back. I always looked at it as Anakin's final farewell to Padme because the next time they see each other, he is Darth Vader in all but appearance.

25. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Absolutely. As I said, its arguably the best scene in the entire SW saga. The entire Skywalker storyline culminates to this moment. Whats he gonna do? What is Padme thinking? The low choral style music humming in the background just adds to it. Amazing stuff.

ss640, MarcJordan and Deliveranze like this.