main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Wait wasn't there a picture of TPM Anakin waving and pointing his finger like Vader in this thread before? I can't find it.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I just watched TPM Sat, noticed a couple Gonk droids in Watto's shop.
    Lots of details put into these movies!

3. Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2006
    If one believes my hypothesis that TFA is actually an elaborate interpretation of the PT...

[​IMG]

...it looks like I've found BB-8 in AOTC! (He could be based on the double-bullet-point detail on Yoda's door symbol - the one with the giant path/arrow/trail behind him, which incidentally looks like a symbol on BB-8 himself during his introduction in TFA!)

Cryogenic and Ezon Pin like this.
  4. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016

I think it has two layers: first is their fate: they will be separated by this moment and after this moment (yes, they physically met twice after this, but my point was that after this begins the end of both of them). The second layer represents their feeling: they are separated but they are still one, because they strongly love and feel to each other. I should say that the first time then I re-watch ROTS (was in DVD) I thought: wait, what, they are not in one room what is this? And it looked for me as they are in one room, because the scenery is in absolute harmony... One of the strongest moments in ROTS, really.

5. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
  6. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    The visuals looking stunning in the 2nd picture.

Cryogenic likes this.
  7. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Anakin contemplating at the crossroads before he literally turns his back on the twin Suns and to journey down his path to the dark side in killing the Tuskens.

Anakin contemplating the decision of his betrayal while observing the eclipsed star of Mustafar. His journey is complete.

Okay yea Lucas sucks right?

**** NO HE DOESN'T! That's immense storytelling! That's film at its highest and most resonant in the uniqueness of its power and language.

I ****ing love this. George! My dude!

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Palpatine's little smile when Queen exits his senate office.

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I've noticed something really cool about one of the designs in ROTS, the Tri Fighter:

[​IMG]

It's a very unique design.

But there is a hidden link to it's origins through the Trade Federation. When seen from the side:

[​IMG]

Look familiar? It should:

[​IMG]

There's a cool, subtle, direct link from the Trade Federation battleships to their Tri fighters.

10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    For me, the scene in my avi. I love that look Padme gives Anakin and the way Anakin deflects that look. I took it as she feels like he's becoming Palpatine's enforcer and that he knows he can't speak on the matter for her. Great scene.

11. JWM10

JWM10 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2016
    I really liked when Anakin went to find his mother in AOTC and comes back and tells Padme about how he killed all the sand people. I think that was a real turning point for Anakin. A lot of people bash on how fast Anakin goes to the dark side in ROTS goes from good to killing young lings in a mater of minuets. I think the scene in AOTC really shows he would do anything for his love ones even if that means kill children.That scene was the fall of Anakin IMO.

12. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

Please go here:

http://starwarsverses.tumblr.com/ (Goat edit: NSFW warning)

And here:

http://swprequelframes.tumblr.com/

Ezon Pin likes this.
  13. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Awesome, thanks! I did a couple presentations on similar things regarding Lucas and a couple other filmmakers while I was in film school. People are always really surprised to find how dense these films are, but I think it's pretty obvious. Still exciting to find new things.

Haven't found anything that quite matches it. Kubrick said a lot of interesting things with how he shot a movie but nothing comes close to where Lucas was able to take things in his films, especially the PT.

And disguised as a cheesy space serial!

14. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

"A friend of mine once said in every shot of a movie, there's a thousand ideas—and that's true actually."

George Lucas, p.78, "The Making Of Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith", by J.W. Rinzler

"The interesting thing about Star Wars—and I didn’t ever really push this very far, because it’s not really that important—but there’s a lot going on there that most people haven’t come to grips with yet. But when they do, they will find it’s a much more intricately made clock than most people would imagine."

George Lucas, "Star Wars: The Last Battle", Vanity Fair, by Jim Windolf

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/02/star-wars-george-lucas-story

15. Plainview

Plainview Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016

Always loved the little look between Maul and Qui-Gon during TDotF. Always wondered what each of them were thinking. (2:57 in the video)

16. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I personally really appreciate the detail that was put into Coruscant, especially during the chase for Zammy. Really captures my imagination every time I watch it.

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    "He was too dangerous to be kept alive." - Palpatine on Anakin killing Dooku.
    "He's too dangerous to be left alive." - Mace arguing with Anakin about Palpatine's fate.

Nifty of both sides using the same words to manipulate Anakin, with drastically different outcomes.

18. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I like how throughout the prequels you can really see characters thinking and feeling. Just little moments like that, almost like the camera is lingering there for a moment to let us peek into their inner world (an art lost in much of blockbuster cinema today). Padme sure had her lion's share of those moments, which I think in and of themselves helped develop her character a lot.

19. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I had this in the back of my head for a while. But the way Palpatine speaks or whispers into Padme's ear is awfully reminiscent of how devil is depicted doing the same in medieval and renaissance paintings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ss640, TomClaydon, Toddy and 14 others like this.
  20. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Character speech cadence.

SuperPersch and jimkenobi like this.
  21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Not sure if this qualifies as little, but I really love the night club/bar scene in AOTC. On paper this idea might've leaned too far into "fan service" territory given that Obi-Wan dismembers another low life, but I think it works perfectly. Lucas was very smart by not simply recreating the ANH cantina. Instead of an in-scene musical number the natural sounds of the crowd are prominent. Instead of a parade of aliens and rough-looking customers, the clientele is decidedly more relaxed and organically blending into the background, with the sports on TV emphasizing this is just a normal night in a normal place in the Star Wars galaxy rather than a been there/done that underworld watering hole. Where Luke was clearly in over his head in the cantina as far as stepping into a dangerous environment, Anakin is out of his element in a different manner. He is the exotic and dangerous one intruding on a snapshot of "normal" life that Anakin has no right to experience given his place in the Jedi order. Great scene, and for me a perfect illustration of how even the PT's obvious callbacks had a way of standing out in their own unique way.

Tonyg, Toddy, Bloncket and 10 others like this.
  22. Plainview

May 14, 2016
    I made a cingerid with some of the cool shots from Revenge of the Sith. Planning to do one for the other two as well:

[​IMG]

23. Plainview

May 14, 2016
    And here's Attack of the Clones:
    [​IMG]

And The Phantom Menace:
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with how they turned out!

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm not entirely sure why, but this shot

[​IMG]

Reminds me of this shot

[​IMG]

Perhaps it's as simple as "Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"

Toddy, MarcJordan, Bloncket and 4 others like this.
  25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I absolutely adore the decisions behind the lighting of this scene:

[​IMG]

This scene comes not long after Palpatine has announced the formation of the Empire. Democracy has essentially been eliminated. Obi-Wan is a fugitive now.

That is why I just love the choice to make the lighting absolutely normal. It's just another normal day on Coruscant. This shows to me the corruption of Coruscant to me better than anything else could. The change from Empire to Republic didn't happen overnight, it took years of subtle changes so that no-one even knew it was happening. The people have welcomed the Empire, so everything acts the same. Palpatine's speech was really just a formality.

It also links well to Obi-Wan, suggesting that nobody here can help him, that he is hiding in plain sight. This neatly leads to his later decision to leave normal civilisation for ever to watch over Luke.

Padme was right. "Maybe we're on the wrong side, maybe the Democracy we've been fighting save has already been lost."