main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016

Exactly! They both found someone they can let their guard down and be themselves around and even vent their frustrations with. Both then give the other sound advice.
    They both had an innate ability to read each other even after 10 years apart. The rapport is still there and picks right up where it left off.

Listen to the music cues, it informs us of what's going on at a subterranean level with them.

They are each what the other is looking for. The word I'm inclined to use to describe the common dynamic here is "motherly". Anakin is looking for someone to connect with and fill the role lost when he left his mother, though naturally on an intimate, adult level. He needs someone to be devoted to, to protect. She represents the universal mother and wife, the Divine Feminine. And Padme has strong motherly instincts, she is looking for someone to mother, or more specifically nurture. All in a more lateral sense of course, not literally oedipal, though some have read shades of that into it.

Each Anakin/Padme scene deserves a thread, or even book, (you should see my pages of notes) of their own. I could keep going with this scene, but I would never be able to stop, so I will stop here.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's hardly a "favorite" moment because I literally just noticed it today, but another neat background detail: at the beginning of TPM, just before the Republic ambassadorial cruiser is destroyed, you can just manage to see the droid fighters that had been walking around in the hangar bay take off, presumably to get a safe distance from the explosion.

3. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Watched TPM the other day.

The Sand People taking pot shots at the pod race always gives me a smile.

4. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Every relationship has a beginning....this one started with an angel ^:)^:D

Are you an angel?

[​IMG]

What?

[​IMG]

An angel!

[​IMG]

And it begins...

[​IMG]

From the moment I met you, all those years ago.....

[​IMG]

GL, why did you do this to me?

MJ

5. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    This has probably already been mentioned, but I liked when Jango bumped his head on the Slave I doorframe, like the Stormtrooper in ANH.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    Just watching the underwater scenes from Phantom Menace and noticed something, specifically to do with the progression of the monster sizes and 'There's always bigger fish'. Not sure whether this has been mentioned but it suddenly struck me that the monsters and the Jedi were an analogy between the latter and their conflicts with the Sith, in this movie and others. Jedi on the move, blissfully unaware of the Sith presence until its right up in the face, and then changing their 'direction'? The title being The Phantom Menace and the question of who is the master of Maul seems to fit with the 'bigger fish' line. The largest 'bigger' monster appears unexpectedly (and eats the others) - kinda representing Palpatine/Sidious in Episode 3, but the Jedi narrowly escape? There are three monsters as well, just like there is three Sith over the PT. The small one is like Maul (he even gets ripped in half like Maul does), and the lurker like Dooku hiding in the shadows? Fits even better as Palps effectively kills Dooku (and the big fish eats the lurker).

Might be clutching at straws with some of the ideas I mentioned but it seems like there's something there [face_dunno]

7. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    I like that. The "bigger fish" philosophy is a great analogy for the principle the were Sith operating under, all those year while the Jedi were drifting by, in order to defeat them. One Master to embody the power and one Student to crave it until he/she is powerful enough to kill the Master and take on the title.
    I think this scene could work as a great piece of allegory. Demonstrating what was going on under the Jedi's noses, hidden deep in the shadows, under the surface.
    Plus, the Sith Shrine deep below the Jedi Temple clouding their vision, with the help of Sidious.

8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I liked how Obi-Wan really looked up to Qui-Gon and clearly wore robes inspired by his master, and kept wearing them til the day he died.
    [​IMG]

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    another 2 favorite moments from me.

how Palps is cracking up and how fast he changes his tone and the reaction from Dooku is priceless.

another is

from 0:25-1:07.
    I love how intense the whole 1 on 1 is!!!!!!

10. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

1:59 - 2:40

That panning shot with the battle going on in the background gives me chills every time.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    ^you know that screech as Anakin chops off Dooku's head at 3:02-3:06 is something that always sounded eerie/disturbing to me.

what is the sound supposed to be?

12. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I think it's just the sound of the two lightsaber blades scraping off of each other echoing through the bridge. It sounds ominous though. It was probably the intent.

13. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I like the different sports playing on the TVs in the background of the Outlander Club. Slice-Of-Life looks into the GFFA are always welcome in my book.

teamhansolo and Darth Basin like this.
  14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

I loved that sound & the look of poor Dooku's face![face_devil]

Snax Rebo and starocean90 like this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I still remember that sound when I first watched it in the cinema back in 05. Hearing it with a giant screen, loud sound and darkened room is even more creepy than seeing it on the TV or a youtube video.

I also like that sound as it sounds unique, sounds like something from a horror movie. Well not surprising since Christopher Lee is a horror icon.:p

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

Talos of Atmora and starocean90 like this.
  17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I've always wondered that, turns out it is indeed the lightsabers. The same noise is heard briefly when Rey and Kylo are locking swords in TFA.

starocean90 and Darth Basin like this.
  18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if I had to add another favorite moment in the PT would be this

from 1:02-1:30, the political/ideological debate between Padme and Anakin but mostly the part when Anakin was like "Well if it works." I think everytime I watch that scene just seems to have dark undertone or ambiguous. You feel like Anakin is joking but at the same time can't help but feel like he's not joking. Reminds me of real life, when you say something and when you see other's reactions you than shift what you said to pretend it wasn't serious when in fact you were serious.

19. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    ANAKIN: The Chancellor has requested that I lead the campaign.

They all look at ANAKIN a bit disturbed.

MACE: (a little peeved) The Council will make up its own mind who is to go, not the Chancellor.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith.html

I love how passive-aggressive their relationship is, especially in ROTS. Mace has never been Anakin's Number One fan.:p

20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    How this shot

[​IMG]

Literally and thematically mirrors this shot

[​IMG]

Anakin reaching out to Padme through the Force / Vader reaching out to Luke through the Force.

21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Over time, The Phantom Menace has become one of my favorite Star Wars films. I love a lot of little details about it. Here are a few.

The activity in Mos Eisley as Qui Gon, Jar Jar, and Padme walk through it.
    The members of the Jedi Council.
    The mystery of Darth Sidious and the Sith.
    The innocence and pureness of young Anakin.
    The dynamic between Qui Gon and Obi Wan.
    Anakin's development in the film.
    Padme's development in the film.
    Jar Jar's development in the film (sorry).
    Darth Maul vs. Qui Gon and Obi Wan.
    Contrast between Tatooine and Republic.
    "You can't stop change, anymore than you can stop the suns from setting."

There are more, I can't pick just one

KyleKartan and Zejo the Jedi like this.
  22. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I love that in ROTS Lucas managed to sneak in a gag about erectile dysfunction via "No loose wire jokes."

Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  23. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    I've always liked that one particularly polite/snarky battle droid that confiscates Anakin & Obi-Wan's lightsabers. Such a little moment that always brings a smile to my face.
    (About 1:09 in the video)

24. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    If you listen closely to the dialogue, you'll notice a "like father like daughter" moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

teamhansolo, Tonyg and Darthman92 like this.
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Nice. I always liked the charisma that Neeson and McGregor brought to their characters.

MarcJordan likes this.