main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Artoo: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *crash*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

2. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    Like I said, R2 was the comic relief in this movie. Didn't he at one point, squirt oil out, (causing 2 droids trying to detain him to slip and fall), and then he sets fire to them. All that squealing. I think he's squealing when he flies out that door you mentioned above. Tries to zap the other droid. Sometimes I think R2 is my favorite character.[face_laugh]

3. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017

R2 is def one of my favorite characters. Even better how Anakin how mentioned R2 would release the ray shields and then he got knocked out lol.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Artoo is most certainly my favorite Droid. I always like how he's always the one saving the day.

Evening Star and Mostly Handless like this.
  5. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I wonder if R2 will have moments to shine in episode 8 and 9 or will he be pushed over for bb8?

6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I like how GL uses that scene to parody the trope of R2 saving everybody. R2 has come to the rescue so many times since 1977 that Anakin's backup plan is R2D2. Unfortunalty this is the one time R2 fails, and everyone is captured.[face_laugh]

Tonyg and Evening Star like this.
  7. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Artoo had a Plan B to get them out of it anyway.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  8. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    Another 2 moments which stand out for me that I like. In the arena scene in AOTC, Anakin says, "You call THIS a diplomatic solution"? To which Padme replies, "No, I call it aggressive negotiations". A nod to things they said before. The other moment is when ObiWan finally manages to get a spear and spears the animal which is after him. Then the animal seems not a bit phased and pulls the spear out and bites it in half. ObiWan gets this "Oh, crap" look on his face and I guess that's when he runs joins Anakin and Padme on the back of the whatever it was.

Speaking of animals in Star Wars, am I the only one who thought those creatures in the meadow/picnic scene in AOTC (called shaaks, right) looked like giant fleas? Like buffalo size fleas?

9. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    And that is Ahmed Best (Jar Jar) on our right.
    Anthony Daniels is also in present in the bar.

Tonyg, Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  10. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Well, he's definitely the best droid.

Mostly Handless and Nanaki like this.
  11. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017

I always though they resembled Tapirs (with giant arses) more myself, but I guess Fleas works too.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    They certainly do have giant arses.

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So while doing a college paper for ROTS, I noticed something else about this scene.
    [​IMG]

As we know, the sun represents the last gleaming hope for the galaxy, but I love how Anakin is sitting on the far left, away from the sun.The isolation of being alone in a room to contemplate is magnified by Anakin being far from the sun. There is barely any light where his journey is going to end up.

14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    College paper... on Star Wars?! What magical world do you live in?! :p

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That scene is amazing!!

Seagoat and Deliveranze like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL it is a cinema paper and one of the questions is to analyze your favorite movie :p

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    1. I want that class

2. The use of shadows in SW has always been good, but ROTS really gives them their time to shine. Use of lighting/shadows throughout all of it is just utterly brilliant

Yes, that was a pun/paradoxical statement on purpose

18. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Lately I've been finding that Hayden Christensen, played the role of both the adolescent Anakin Skywalker in AOTC and mixed with the innocent Anakin from TPM amazingly well. On Top of that he plays a great mix of a later masked Vader (following the head movements and walking style) already evident in AOTC. But there where I find the most amazing of the Anakin at his most peaceful moment :

[​IMG]

and the time his mask is removed by Luke, he's also at his most peaceful:

[​IMG]

The smiles are astounding to me. Almost a carbon copy.

Both times he's looking at the one he loves.

Awesome casting.:cool:

Cheers!

MJ

DBPirate, Tonyg, Alienware and 4 others like this.
  19. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    Sadly, some people that don't like the prequels take the way he's looking at her on the veranda of the Lake House in the picture of above as being creepy.

Alienware and Mostly Handless like this.
  20. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    I noticed that too, Marc, and was blown away by the adorableness and the similarity.

There's also a line in AotC that he delivers just like Jake Lloyd would, I'll have to remember which one it was.

Padema, I know. It's not creepy. It's perfectly Anakin. Very layered. Wonderfully complex. That shot speaks 10,000 words.

Tonyg, MarcJordan and Mostly Handless like this.
  21. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    I realise this may not be a popular opinion, but while that veranda scene in AOTC is definitely awkward, I've always found Han's treatment of Leia in the 'Dirty Hands' scene from TESB to be more 'creepy', than anything that happens between Anakin and Padme.

22. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Please don't look at me like that....it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Anakin maybe fooling here a bit.

[​IMG]

This next look by Anakin, Padme really is uncomfortable. Same Anakin but something's changed. And I mean changed! This time not the fooling type.

[​IMG]

Don't grow up too fast. Indeed! Yikes!

MJ

Triad Moons likes this.
  23. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    Yes, he's got an insane look in the second picture.

MarcJordan and Mostly Handless like this.
  24. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I always kind of liked Obi Wan trying to be honest about about Anakin undermining him but you can tell it also matters that he appears to be the on in charge.

25. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    This is a bit of a rush job. But I think pretty cool nonetheless :

Qui Gon Chosen to represent the Chancellor of the Republic (secretly) : Your Highness, we are heading for a remote planet called Tatooine (hot planet). It's a system far beyond the reach of the Trade Federation. The Queen’s ship has no lightspeed capability due to the leak of the hyperdrive.

Queen’s Bodyguard : I do not agreewith the Jedi on this.

Qui Gon : You must trust my judgement

General Veers : He felt surprise was wiser ….(Ozzel judgement)

Vader : He’s as clumsy as he is stupid. The Rebelsare alerted to our presence. Admiral Ozzel came out of lightspeed too close to the Hoth (cold planet) system (hyperdrive switched off too early). Ozzel was careless and Vader (Emperor’s “body guard” ) doesn’t agree on this.

General Ozzel chosen to lead the charge for the Empire against the Rebels : Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed, and we're preparing to...

(That's all I got :p)

Cheers!

MJ

Nanaki likes this.