main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It's an interesting parallel. While I wouldn't exactly consider it canon that that is what Vader was referring to in ANH, I don't doubt that Lucas very well understood that placing the Falcon in ROTS as an easter egg like that could add more depth to that line.

MarcJordan and Deliveranze like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    MarcJordan :eek: That's a cool link. Never thought about that!

MarcJordan likes this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    That shot at the very beginning of TPM of the Trade Federation ships in orbit. Pure Star Wars.

4. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Get ready to be blown away.

Who was his father? (This is the first time the word Father used in TPM) :cool:

[​IMG]

"There was no father..." (denial that it was by natural causes but by some sort of fantastical circumstances by Shmi a female)

[​IMG]

"Fett demanded only one thing...an unaltered clone for himself. Curious isn't it?" (by some fantastical engineering no "father" as such)

[​IMG]

"Boba is your father here?" (Wait! Why is it that a female alien saying something out of the ordinary for a Kaminoan????) Curious isn't it???? Jango Fett is something like a closest thing to a father in the most oddest fashion! And the second time the word Father is used in AOTC)

[​IMG]

Don't say that Master. You're the closest thing I have to a father" (the first time the word father is used in AOTC!)

[​IMG]

GL, you are THE Father of Star Wars!^:)^

MJ

5. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Good catch! Everything else in that post is great too! Never noticed them.

MarcJordan and DementedMeerkat like this.
  6. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I love the heightened "Blade Runner" feel of Coruscant at night. It's a more colorful and less perpetually rainy look than in that film, but the concept is similar. It's partly why I find the early speeder chase scene in AOTC to be one of the PT's best sequences, visually.

7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    My favorite moment is in ROTS on Mustafar when Vader is killing the Separatists and there is a brief screen shot of his face under the hood. His face is full of anguish and he is crying out. He is so deeply conflicted over what he's doing and has already done. He's been manipulated by Palpatine and believes that what he is doing is necessary but his conscience can't handle both the disgust he feels for himself and the thrill of the power he's gaining at the same time.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes I love that sequence as well, one my favorites from the film. Out of all the film's I think AOTC portrayed Coruscant the best IMO.

Sith Lord 2015 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    When Ewan says "good job"... always makes me chuckle

11. Delta RC-1138

Delta RC-1138 Jedi Padawan

Sep 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

I really loved this scene, where they take out the Seperatist Sphere and the crash envelops the two armies in dust. I'm not a big fan prolonged action/battle scenes in movies, but Lucas has such imagination in design and visual flair that the battles in the prequels were pure joy to watch.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

[​IMG]

It's exactly the way my own father would react in that kind of situation, which is why I think it really works for the father&son/friend dynamic between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I love that Dooku says, "Your swords please," in ROTS, both as a moment of chivalry and also for Lucas' disregard for his own universe's vocabulary.

14. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    As a wise sage once said : No, there is another....

When Father meets "Father".

[​IMG]

So much foreshadowing here. While Padme hides in the "shadows".

Just when it was thought all HOPE was lost at the end of ROTS, this meeting astounds. Forgotten probably by most. Bail tells Anakin "The Republic can't thank you enough". Well in the end, Leia's survival, was integral to the entire Saga. "if you don't turn to the Darkside, then perhaps she will!" The catalyst to Luke's strength to fight his Father and turn him instead. Little did Vader realise that this threat to turn Leia, infact made it eventual that Vader without the mask to say "tell your sister you were right about me". The Galaxy can now thank Anakin now for saving it.

Lastly look again at the scene. Anakin, Bail, Padme, Luke and Leia are all present. (the latter are in the womb of Padme).

Cheers!

MJ

15. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    This is also right after we see the Falcon.

16. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    This thread, this thread!!!! I have read it and died a thousand times.

So. Many. Possibilities.

Anyway...

You're obsessed with that, aren't you? :p

I actually re-noticed that the Falcon (or two "Falcons"; or possibly even three) show up in AOTC, toward the extreme-left of screen, in the shot of the refugee transport touching down in the airport/arrival scene on Naboo.

But ROTS, I think, marks the first time the Falcon itself is Falconing around and swooping in for a gentle landing. The "crowning" event, indeed, to steal your phrasing from before. Very propitious timing; which, in Star Wars, seems to be the only kind of timing there is.

Oh, and MarcJordan...

Great elaboration on the allegorical interweaving of the saga -- as always! One other intriguing visual facet about that scene is this motif of "barely hiding" that plays out in it. Padme could conceal her face, but she chooses to stand uncovered; in the shadows, but out in the open. This plays out in various configurations in the film. For instance, when Obi-Wan is breezily chatting with Anakin and teasing him about how he deserves his "glorious day with the politicians", note that he, too, is half inside the airbus, half outside of it; as if barely hiding from those politicians himself. Later, there is a shot of Anakin admiring Padme that is quite similar, with Anakin leaning against the arching wall as Padme dreamily brushes her hair on the patio; both of them, in their own ways, are again barely hiding. Barely hiding. Like Palpatine as Darth Sidious. Like Anakin when he is being counselled by Yoda about his visions. Like Obi-Wan who manages to sneak on Padme's ship while she is in a daze. Like Anakin who barely conceals his lust for Empire. Like Anakin when he is sealed inside his "life support" suit. Like the twins who are hidden in something close to "plain sight"; yet, ironically, where the Sith cannot detect their presence.

17. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    It's a pity that Obi Wan, Yoda et al are oblivious to what Bail evidently notices in that scene.

18. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    Do you mean that Bail noticed Padme was waiting in the shadows?

19. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Yup.

He smiles knowingly over his shoulder as Anakin makes his excuses and leaves.

20. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    Plus, it makes me wonder. Many people close to her must have guessed Padme was expecting. But didn't say anything.

21. TomClaydon

TomClaydon Jedi Knight

Sep 19, 2012
    Best thread on this forum, amazing insightful posts from everyone it's so cool seeing things even i never noticed.

[​IMG]

There are so many things to love about the prequels but one of my personal favorite details has always been how Ewan Mcgregor added that little twirl to Obi-Wans character (he does it throughout the trilogy) as well as his general use of the lightsaber. Always thought it was a nice character quirk that added a lot to presenting us with a younger energetic Obi-Wan

22. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    I love everything about this thread. MarcJordan your posts are so thought provoking.

23. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Let's be real here. The people who did know (Captain Typho (who absolutely had to know for security purposes anyway), the usual handmaidens, and probably close colleagues within the Senate, such as Organa and Mothma) didn't want Padme to be the subject of a massive scandal. Plus, the Holonet would have published rumors linking Bail Organa (who ironically ended up raising one of the offspring anyway), Palpatine, Obi-Wan, and even the actual father Anakin as potential fathers. The Jedi didn't exactly mandate celibacy, but if two of their own that they knew to be close friends with Padme were to be linked to public paternity rumors, then such rumors would have been probable cause for the Jedi Council to launch an investigation into that.

Then there's Palpatine, who is suspected to know about her pregnancy but had ulterior motives for such knowledge that are far more sinister than scandalizing her...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

24. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Bail always seemed like a pretty decent guy to me, probably not the kind of person to interfere in the personal affairs of others, where such probing was neither wanted nor needed.

25. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Thank you. Nice to be appreciated :)

Here's a simple one but pretty good imo for juxtaposition purpose if at all.

AOTC : Metaphorical signs that the Jedi slowly realizing and soon enough too the weakening of their importance to the Galaxy.

Here's Obi Wan as he gets off his fighter, struggles out of it. Note the bent knees and how he gets off from the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But what happens next clearly encapulates the soon to be hopelessness.

Master Jedi, the Prime Minister has been expecting you.

[​IMG]

I'm expected? Obi Wan doesn't know what's going on! :oops: Notice his arms crossed.

[​IMG]

ROTS: The Sith now in complete control. Disaster as it is Anakin who now christened Darth Vader encapulates supreme confidence and strength. Doing his Master's will. See how he gets off his fighter from the front. Stands upright and steps down, knees completely straight. Exuding brashness and full of purpose.

[​IMG]

See his posture. Hot Damn! :cool:
    [​IMG]

Lord Vader, we've been expecting you.

[​IMG]

Vader. He's not here for pleasantries. Knows exactly what he's going to do and finish off! He's not waving hello here either. Good bye TF et al!

[​IMG]

GL, if you are ever visiting here... I hope you liked this. :D;)

Cheers!

MJ