main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Your favorite Location of the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Chancellor Yoda, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    This isn't a question of your favorite planet but what building or area you like the most. I'm more of a OT fan so naturally its a OT location. Which is Yoda's hut from ESB and ROTJ. I just love how mythic like it looks and reminds me that star wars has a lot of fantasy elements too.

[​IMG]

2. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Seeing the senate floor. It was grand, huge, and spectacular. Finally we got to witness the representatives of this dead republic and the spectacle of the senate rotunda.

darklordoftech and Tommytom like this.
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I just love Dagobah in general. Such a great, moody planet with so much character in it.

Then again, Endor has Redwoods, and I'm a sucker for the Redwoods. Plus, all of the Imperial equipment on that moon has a very "used" look, which I love.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

haleyorgana and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd have to say Norway for Hoth.

MOC Yak Face and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  5. Doom Trooper

Doom Trooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2014
    Very hard to choose, the saga's got so many amazing locales and sets. I guess for now Endor?

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Cantina on Tatooine. Wretched hive and all.

Yanksfan and MOC Yak Face like this.
  7. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The cantina was great, despite all the dis-satisfaction later expressed.:p

Echo base. I loved the claustrophobic intensity of that location. It really assisted in helping the audience to understand what the characters were experiencing.

Yoda's house. Completely agree. You could just about feel the dampness against your skin.

The interior of the Falcon. Home sweet home!

8. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I love Naboo, so for me it's Theed Palace and Padme's lake retreat.

jbyrd1245 and SparklingRoyalty like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Cloud City Carbon Freezing Chamber.

10. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I'll admit it. I love the Senate Building in the prequels. I'm a guy who's into politics, so I was one of the few not bored by the occasional scenes in it. Plus... it was just a great design. I enjoyed it.

11. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    The Jedi Temple for me, although I'd give the Senate an honorable mention. I've always been intrigued by the vast amounts of knowledge just sitting there stored in the Jedi Archives. The Temple as a whole is just such a neat mix of history, elegance, and modern technology.

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The Bright Tree Village's main square.

13. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Another place that catches my interests is the wampa cave.

[​IMG]

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  14. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Such a difficult question. I will say Cloud City as a whole. I don't see how they could have had a better setting for than Cloud City for the third act of The Empire Strikes Back.

15. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    The Republic Senate and the hall outside (Mace walks through the latter area) . The corridor seems like a great place to chill...

[​IMG]

MJ

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    For me it's the Jedi Temple. All of it. Love the design, the decoration, the vast space, and all the different parts to it-there's libraries, war rooms, briefing centers, meditation chambers, research facilities, equipment/vehicle hangars, classrooms, meeting chambers, etc. And that's only what we've seen in the films. Built so a Jedi could could literally live in there for...years, and have everything they need!

Samnz and mes520 like this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I got back in forth between Endor and Dagobah....Dagobah has the better scenes I think but I love the whole forest moon look....so yeah one of those two.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Cloud City, the Jedi Temple and the Mos Eisley Cantina are favorites of mine, but the one I like the most has to be the Throne Room of Jabba's Palace.
    It would be great to hang out at that place, sitting in the Throne Room between the all the aliens while the Max Rebo Band blasts a song.

19. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I like many, but I ultimately decided to go with Padmé's Appartment (incl. her Veranda).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of Gavin Boquet's best work, imo.

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I am absolutely in love with Alderaan. The architecture, the philosophies, the fashion. I wish we'd seen more than 30 seconds of it in the movies...

MarcJordan likes this.
  21. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    The Jedi Temple in Coruscant, Dagobah and Korriban.

22. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

Naboo isn't my favorite planet (though it's up there) but I've always felt that Theed city, this main plaza in particular, is one of the most strikingly beautiful things in the saga. What I'd give to walk around there for an hour...

MarcJordan and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The cleanness you get with the snowy landscapes of Hoth and the sand dunes of Tatooine.

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The beautiful Lake country villa. It looks gorgeous!

[​IMG]

haleyorgana likes this.
  25. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    It's hard for me...

I hesitate between three locations: Mustafar, Coruscant or the Death Star...

But since it has never been mentionned here, I'll go with the Death Star. It's rather interesting to explore it, especially when you have schematics like these below. But I imagine it's one of my favorite location and interesting to explore it and to know how it is made because I'm an engineer.

I also like the idea of behind the concept of the Death Star: nature is being replaced by machine since it has more or less the same size as a planet.

[​IMG]