main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite memory from the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Dude1007, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dude1007

Obi-Dude1007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Now that we have all seen Episodes 1-3, I'm curious to find out what everyone's favorite memories of the prequels are.

My favorite is getting into the movie theatre early to see TPM. (I was only 10 years old!) The most memorable moment was...

Padme: "You're a slave?"
    Ani: "I'm a person and my name is Anakin!"

Everyone in the theatre gasped.

2. Xavier89

Xavier89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    One moment will always stay with me forever,and thats when the words A long time ago in a galaxy far,far away...appeared on the screen at the opening of TPM.This moment marked the first time I had ever seen a Star Wars movie in theaters, and I'll never forget it.

3. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I loved it when Maul showed up at the end. He just stood there for a second then he ignited one side of his lightsaber. Then he ignited the other side. Duel of the Fates gave me goose bumps. I will never forget how I felt wathing that fight and hearing that song.

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    My theater experiences for the Prequels are quite strange, really.

When I saw The Phantom Menace I was about eleven. The only real things I remember from that experience were not about the film. Two details: 1. I went with my mother and my cousin; 2. There was this little kid who kept going up and down the theater. He passed my seat a few times. Aside from that, I don't remember anything.

My lack of memory of my Attack of the Clones theater experience is even worse. I don't remember anything from that viewing. All I remember is that I went with my mother. Aside from that I can't recall anything of that experience, which I find really weird. I spent a year on these boards before the film was released and was really hyped up. That truly was the time when I first became truly obsessed with Star Wars. But oddly enough, my viewing experience is a blur. I can't remember how I reacted or how I felt.

My Revenge of the Sith viewing I obviously remember. That was a great day. I went with five of my best friends and we all sat in the middle rows. And I remember after we came out of the theater we were all kind of speechless. We just kind of looked at each other with satisfaction, both that the film was great, and that we finally saw the last SW film. That was a great day.

Its still really weird to me, though. I love all three Prequels, and the only one I remember watching is the last one. I have a bad memory :-B

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Seeing the STAP Droid at Target, seeing the TPM trailer aire unexpectedly on Fox News at noon, and the Vanity Fair issue that had the pictures of Darth Maul and Obi-Wan. Not too much for AOTC, except for some pictures of Jango Fett and when the full Clone Wars trailer aired, but I already have fond memories of ROTS hype. Many of us will always remember April 2, the day ALL THAT STUFF came out.

6. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    favorite moments are from ROTS

favorite memory is the start of the Maul-Qui-Obi duel from TPM: the way they removed their cloaks, ignited the lightsabers and started the duel. I remember the feeling of exhilaration in the theater.

7. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    loved getting a new star wars insider with the prequel pix inside, this was my internet at the time

8. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    From TPM- when Obiwan and Quigon Take off their hoods on the trade federation cruiser, the entire theatre erupted in chears because Star Wars was back.

AOTC- Obiwan Jumping through the window.

ROTS- The Duel to end all duels and Obiwan shooting grevious with a blaster.

9. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Duel of the Fates, Order 66, and both lightsaber battles at the end of ROTS. They all gave me goosebumps. Especially Order 66.

Every time Mace dies I crack a smile and I don't know why I enjoy it so much, perhaps because I am really Palaptine.:)

10. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    I think my favorite memory is when I saw my first SW film. TPM in '02. But the only SW film I've seen in the theater is ROTS and ... I loved that feeling! I was smiling when I saw "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" on the screen.

11. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    I can remember all of the Theatre Auditorium numbers from all three prequel viewings. Note: these are all in the same Cinema. I can clearly remember - I was 10 for TPM, 13 for AOTC, & 16 for ROTS.

TPM- Ist Viewing: THEATRE 12
    2nd Viewing: THEATRE 12 (again)
    3rd Viewing: THEATRE 9
    4th Viewing: THEATRE 1

AOTC- Ist and only Viewing: THEATRE 4

ROTS- Ist Viewing: THEATRE 12 (same place as my first TPM viewing...such great memories!)
    2nd Viewing: THEATRE 1 (another auditorium that I also saw TPM in!)
    3rd Viewing: THEATRE 3
    4th Viewing: THEATRE 5 (right next door ton THEATRE 4, where I saw AOTC in :eek:)

I still have all of the tickets for these nine trips to the theatre. I can't tell you how I felt seeing ROTS for what I knew to be the last time. It was like I was saying goodbye to a friend, one whom I had only visited nine times. Well, I proceed on...to November Ist.

12. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Prett much all of ROTS, obviously. But one memory that will always stay with me, because it made me think "WOW I`m watching this EPIC", is the bit in AOTC where Padme says something along the line of "I truly, deeply love you", then the camera pans out to the Geonosis arena, and the "Across the Stars" loud bit comes CRASHING in.....I`m sure not too many people will agree with me!

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    My favorite memory is the feeling I got from TPM when I first saw it. The atmosphere was perfect. Exactly the way the opening chapter of Star Wars should be!

TPM.... Yummie!
    /LM

14. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

I had a totally great feeling while WAITING for TPM, it`s just that while watching it I felt my enthusiasm draining slowly away.......I kept thinking, "Wait, THIS isn`t right......"

I have since grown to love it a bit more, but BOY did I feel disappointment that night!

15. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    yeah me too loved the wait but was fairly disappointed by it, grew to like it later though

16. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Your favorite memory from the prequels.

All of them.

The anticipation, the waiting in line for tickets weeks ahead of time, the first viewings, the repeated viewings (I'm going to go see EPISODE III tonight for my 37th viewing :D :cool:), me and my Wife's great nephew (who was 3 years and 8 months old at the time) enthusiastically clapping when Obi-Wan defeated Grievous, the advertisements, the merchandise. Everything.

17. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Ahh.. *Wipes tears*. Truly the end of an era. I remember back in 2003, the Back in Black video. Fro the mf.com spoilers, motee, webcams, web docs, Behind the mask photos, The release of the Teaser, and the full trailer, and that glorious April 2nd!

18. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Easy...watching the mask being lowered on Vader's head. That moment was what I had sat through 3 prequel movies to see, waited for since we found out that Lucas was doing a prequel trilogy about Anakin Skywalker. When I saw it in the theatre, I grinned ear to ear.

19. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    There are several moments...but watching Obi-Wan and Anakin drop their cloaks...and then watching them clash for the first time, the music blaring...wow. I'd waited so long for that..and to echo the last poster...watching Anakin's face as the mask was lowered over it. I got chills there. I'm sure most of us did. And a few other moments...Obi-Wan and Jango going at it on Kamino...one of my favorite scenes...as long as Obi-Wan's defeat of Maul.

But my all time favorite...watching the opening scroll of RotS, knowing it was the last time I'd ever see a SW movie for the first time...

20. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    So, Lonestar, at last we meet for the first time for the last time! {Dark Helmet works it out inside his head, making sure its right} yeah!

21. JS2

JS2 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    my favorite memory is the way obi wanTHRASHEDdarth maul after he killed qui gon.

from

JS2

22. Sarahthenerd

Sarahthenerd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I have a different memory for each prequel:

TPM: Collecting the cards that came in crisp packets. Also, watching the end of Duel of the Fates, and needing to go to the toilet, but I didn't because I wanted to see what happened next. Oh, and now I think about it, when Obi-Wan jumped out of the pit, some guy (not much older than I was then) said "How'd he do that?" and someone answered "It's the Force."

AOTC: Having a water fight with my friend in the deserted cinema toilets afterwards. And then getting to see the movie again the next day.

ROTS: Me and my friend went when we were supposed to be on study leave. I bought M&Ms and tried to share them with these people I knew who were on the same train as us going back.

I love the PT. Seriously.

23. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    TPM: Duel of the Fates. Seeing that double bladed lightsaber in action gave me goosebumps. Not to mention the music that went with it.

AOTC: "Obi-wan's going to kill me."-Anakin. I dont know why but I laugh so hard everytime I hear that line.

ROTS: Anakin vs. Obi-wan. That fight was just amazing. I remember going back to see the fight listening to a Breaking Benjamin song called Blow Me Away. The fight and that song went so good together.

24. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    When Yoda ignited his lightsaber for the first time. THAT got more cheers than anything in all 3 movies when I saw them

25. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    When Darth Maul first appeared on that hologram.
    My sister and I (we awere only young) both turned to each other and said "not him."

We'd heard a lot about him [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.