main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite memory from the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Dude1007, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Favorite memory? Too early to tell. It would either be opening night for TPM or ROTS.

Time will tell. Ask me again in five years.

2. darth_padme_amidala

darth_padme_amidala Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    my favorite part of the prequels was amidala's red dress, especially the part when she was looking out the window. i dunno why but whenever i see that dress i get nostalgic for the whole star wars saga

3. Nemasdia

Nemasdia Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2005
    My favorite sw moment was...

The Phantom Menace: was at the end when qui-gon just died,then obi wan runs to darth-maul and they start fighting,the whole scene was then even better because the had duel of fates playing in the backround. simply amazing

Attack Of The Clones: after mace-windu draws his lightsaber to count dookus neck and says this party is over, the camera backs up to show the stadium, and all the jedi ignite their lightsabers.

Revenge Of The Sith: the exact beggining when the two star fighters are just flying by themselves, then they round a corner and it show the whole space fight, that really got me pumped to see the movie even more

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    AotC opening night.
    Just, everything. One of my favorite memories, period :)

5. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    The opening night of every one of them. Especially the opening night of TPM and ROTS because it was the first Star Wars movie since I was a kid and I had lost hope that there would ever be another Star Wars movie in the interim and the excitement was amazing.
    ROTS opening night because we had a bunch of friends over for the occasion and spent the whole day and there were tons of Star Wars fans and media and everyone was having an amazing time, also this was THE LAST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER, another sense of huge excitement.
    One of my friends, who is also my best friend, brought his son and his sons friend with him, both of whom are eleven and it was great seeing the passing on the love of Star Wars to a new generation. They're both big Star Wars fans.

6. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    My favorite feeling was the anticipation between movies. Especialy betweeen TPM and AOTC. All I really had then was Star wars Insider to get my small bits of information, and I didn't have to worry about being spoiled like I did for ROTS.

7. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    my favoriate part was order 66. i work in a movie theater and i saw that scence a least 500 times. and i loved it. it gave me the chills.

also the love scenes between anakin and padme. underneth this hard rugged male body is a mushy little girl. [face_whistling] [face_blush]

8. AzarN_Kenobi

AzarN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2004
    Quite frankly,being 12 years old and lining up for TPM at 10:00pm.

My friend and I were the youngest in the cinema, and everyone else was gobsmacked that someone so young would be allowed out.

When "A Long Time Ago..." came up, everyone cheered and at that point, whether you were 12 or 112, you were united by Star Wars.

9. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    TPM: The Pod Race was pretty cool the first time seeing it. Of course I was then blown away by the final act :eek:
    AotC: When Padme's Ship blew up I almost screamed (thankfully others in the theater did so I didn't feel bad).
    RotS: I don't really know?

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Bunch of young'uns around here, neh? ;)

TPM: opening crawl & fanfare - tears in my eyes. Cheesy but true. Also teared up when the Force theme played as Qui-Gon stabbed his saber into the blast door on the TF ship.

- oh yeah! Watto not being effected by the Jedi Mind Trick! Everyone in the theatre loved it. :D

- besides the obvious Maul/Kenobi/Jinn duel, the part where the battle droids break through the Gungan energy, and the laser bolts are flying fast and furious - it was one of the best CG things I had ever seen!

AOTC: Zam Wessell trying to shoot Anakin as he moves around on her speeder - the sound of Zam's blaster, of a humanoid shooting another human with a blaster, really was a SW moment for me.

- Anakin's shadow looking like Darth Vader on Tatooine. Awesome.

- Mace Windu: "This party's over."

- Yoda's entrance against Dooku.

ROTS: opening shot - totally blown away.

- "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic..."

- "Commander Cody -execute Order 66."

- "You were the Chosen One!"

- "Where is Padme?"

Wow, that was way too many.

11. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    My best memories are going to every movie with my family and friends. Going to the midnight showing of Sith in costume was great the place was packed everyone cheering it was a blast a day long remembered

12. ctlady

ctlady Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    Don't remember much of TPM because I only saw it once in the theatres

AOTC: A tie between all the Jedi igniting their lightsabres on Geonosis and Yoda taking on Dooku in the end.

ROTS: That sound effect when Darth Vader's helmut was locked into place. My husband actually made an 'evil scientist' laugh when that happened.

13. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    There are lots!

But my VERY FIRST favourite memory from the prequels are Qui-Gon thrusting his lightsaber through the door and cutting through!

14. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    the battle above corasaunt i lvoed that. or any battle the clones did :)

15. Discorpor8

Discorpor8 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    TPM- I was a really little kid at the time so I don't remember too well, but when I watch it now I always remember that goosebumpy feeling you get when you know how the Maul/Qui/Obi duel is going to end, but you'll still cheer on Qui and hope he'll live.

AoTC- I saw it in an IMAX theatre and I remember just that awe and joining in the swell of cheers as Yoda ignites his lightsaber for the first time. That, and I remember "I have a feeling you'll be the death of me" and how that's so true.

RotS- The first time I saw it I was with my grandparents. They're pretty cool, but they're not "into Star Wars". They hated it, but Obi-Wan screaming in anguish, "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!" and then he says really softly, "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you." will always stick in my mind. That was one of the most emotional scenes in the trilogy for me, besides Order 66.

16. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I went to the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith, and we all had advanced tickets, so when me, Sam and Gabe got there, we were invited to the front of the line with all my other friends, who were sitting in lawn chairs already, drinking the last of the pepsi(with Yoda on it). I decided to get (as I put it) pravisions, so I biked down the hill to Wal-Mart, bought some Mountain Dew(with Yoda on it), some chips ahoy, and two electronic lightsabers for Sam and Gabe(with money I had gotten from them), Mace's for Sam, and Yoda's for Gabe, I biked back up, sat down in the front of the line with our friends.(we noticed that together we had all the Revenge of the Sith lightsabers(I had Luke's). Anyway, we talked about random stuff, watched some Clone Wars on a labtop this guy brought, when it started to get dark, one of my freinds John ordered a couple of dominoes pizza's, when the pizza got there, a bunch of us(even people we didnt know) put our arms around eachother's shoulders and started to sing that weird al song, "Bye Bye Mr Anakin Guy" We sang THE WHOLE THING, then we sang the entirety of STAR WARS GANGSTA RAP. ate some pizza, we went out by the road and lightsaber dueled(most people were) drank mountain dew, went through some Star Wars trivia games, a couple of hours later, I sorta forgot that we were all gonna see episode 3 at last.

There was a 40 year old there COMPLETE Jango Fett costume, everything, it was completely hand made by the guy, and it looked like the film version EXACTLY.

When we finally were let inside the theatre and saw the movie(we still had to wait an hour) It didnt feel like were accually watching it, most of us were crying at the climax of the duel and order 66 and all that, it went by SOOOOOOOO fast, we said "huh? where did it go?"

Aw Man, one of the best times of my life.

17. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Like alot of people here TPM was the first SW movie I saw so definetly the opening monologue and the first sequence of the movie.

Good Stuff

18. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    the glory years....the prequels
    this entire year has been such a trip....i have never been so motivated my entire life to do, see, smell, inhale and experience something every day.. in 2003 it seemed like the premiere would never get here. spoiler junkie-just could not get enough. on the web cam every second i could. hearing all the rumors, with so many of them proving to be true. i just savored every minute of everyday and never stopped thinking of star wars. dropped everything (including my vacation $) to scramble off to las vegas at the last second as i had scored a ticket to showest, and got to see hayden and george in person.. and talked to rick. i was on such a high and then here's april and C3. one of the best weeks ever, EVER. surrounded by thousands of people who knew jango from boba, OT and PT, and never ever asked if i was a trekie. experiencing rick's excitement at every one of his sessions..he loves star wars as much as we do...and then we get to be in the same room as the maker. so glad i was there to say thank you george.

and all of that before may 19th ....where i got to see it once before midnight and once after...in a theater filled with everyone wanting to love it and they did. and we got to ignite our lightsabers. there's nothing like seeing star wars totally surrounded by star wars fans. it's just the best.. my favorite memory from the prequels is this entire year.

19. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I envy you

....well...we...we had pizza! (runs away)

20. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I am not ashamed to say this..The Star Wars Prequel years 1997-2005 have been the best years of my life! I miss the excitement, the speculation, the Rick McCallum updates(that gave away sod all!:) ), the title announcements, the midnight madness, the media frenzy, midnight premieres(i will never go to another one of these again...well, unless it's SW of course), the VHS & DVD releases...i've loved every minute of the ride...and most importantly, i completely and utterly love THE PHANTOM MENACE, ATTACK OF THE CLONES & REVENGE OF THE SITH.

Thank you George =D=

21. Darth_Maggious

Darth_Maggious Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005

TPM- Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon taking off their hoods.the jedi are back.
    and the duel between Obi wan qui gon and maul because this one of the first times where we get to see the jedi in real action(ANH duel had like 5 slow moves)

AOTC- the battle on Geonosis. the first time we get to see all the jedi together in action instead of havin just 1 or 2 and when Padme confesses her love for anakin.

ROTS- seeing "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and hearing the music for the first time in a movie theater and me and my friend smiling at each other.:_|
    the end battle between vader and obi wan.
    and yoda force pushing the guarde against the wall knocking them out with the wave of his hand[face_dancing] "size matters not"

:-B Darth Maggious:-B

22. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    For TPM it was waiting in line and when the Lucasfilm logo and the the long ago came on the screen the theater cheered. I had waited 16 years for that moment and that stands out the most for me. AOTC I worked in a theater at the time and saw it a day before it came out after work at like 1AM and Yoda fighting was a hugh highlight cause you finally saw what he could do and the CGI Yoda was amazing. ROTS was hugh cause it was the downfall of Anakin and when order 66 was given it sent chills through me. It was an all around great movie and a fitting end to star wars on the big screen.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Everytime I see the words 'A long time ago,in a galaxy far,far away..' I get goosebumps.

My most memorable experience was watching ROTS for the first time in theatres, on the 20th. I remember sitting there watching it and I leaned it with a big smile on my face and I couldn't believe I was actually watching it, it was too good to be true in my opinon.I had been waiting for so long for ROTS to come out, I remember watching the trailer on tv while partying with me friends, and I got butterflies because I was like 'I'M GOING TO SEE THAT IN A WEEK!' and It just gave me such weird feelings, thinking it was the last SW film,the one I had been waiting for for about 200 days, and now I would finally be seeing it.

The foreshadowing parts in TPM also gave me goosebumps like when Shmi said 'you can't stop the change,anymore than you can stop the suns from setting.'

24. Salacious_Spock

Salacious_Spock Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    Let's say, the first fifteen minutes of each film. The first time I saw them. The excitement on first viewing cannot be beaten,

25. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    But realy stinks is for all of us now teenagers who's first SW movie was TPM, our kids won't have the same feeling as we did. Standing in line, midnight premier, all the hype. The only thing we can hope for is that on the 60th SW aniversary they re-release all 6 SW movies. But if that does not happen I will show the DVD's to my kids. But I will make them watch the OT and then the PT like the rest of us. So they can get the feeling of the tragedy of how Anakin Skywalker falls to the dark side.

The years 1997 to 2005 are definetly my favorite time in my life.

Good Stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.