main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite memory from the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Dude1007, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_adam

Darth_adam Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2005
    I don't know if this make me a loser, but my two favorite parts of the prequels are when ankin is talkingto padme about how he killed the sand people for killing his mother in ep.3 and when he was yelling at obi-wan in ep. about how he would rule the empire and kill him when padma was past out right next to him.

2. Darth_Zand

Darth_Zand Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Ihad tons of memories that will always last with the prequels...

TPM-Darth Maul and the double bladed lightsaber

AOTC- Anakins mother dying and making his first step towards the darkside with the tusken slaughter.

ROTS-When anakin slaughtered the separitist and the music they used for that scene. Then followed by Anakin meditating/looking out to the horizon of mustafar with the music, THAT WAS THE GREATIST MOMENT IN STAR WARS HISTORY FOR ME

3. DarthNolan

DarthNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Has to be TPM when we see Maul in the theed hanger and Qui-Gon says "we'll handle this" as duel of the fates swells in the background.

4. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    The second time I saw ROTS I had a great seat in a very nice theater. I felt the SW excitement in a way I didn't feel the first time...and Anakin Skywalker was larger than life in all his scenes because I was sitting so close. What more could I ask for? Nothing. Close seconds to this experience are:

The Jedi battle in the arena on Geonosis. - AOTC

The opera scene between Anakin and Palpatine - ROTS

The Anakin / Padme reunion - ROTS

The opening battle sequence of ROTS

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's duel with Darth Maul - TPM

The opening scroll intro of all three prequels

The music of John Williams!

The duel between young Vader and Obi-Wan - ROTS

Anakin's confession to Padme about the Tusken slaughter in AOTC (And the "love confession" too! Hee-Hee!)

Anakin and R2-D2 hurtling into space without a plan in TPM

Sidious screaming "Unlimitted Powerrrrr!!!" - ROTS

The Anakin / Padme rumination scene (no dialogue, beautifully eerie music, Anakin's first shed tear in the film) - ROTS

The execution of Order 66 (completely heartbreaking! :( ) - ROTS

Obi-Wan busting out of Padme's bedroom window, grabbing that flying thing. [face_laugh] - AOTC

...to name a few, but there is much more! :D

5. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Ya that part with Darth Vader looking out to the volcanic horizon was one of the most cinematic and musically breathtaking scenes in movie history. Just aweeeeeeeeesooooome.

6. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i have another memory, being pelted by popcorn by some kids during tpm, and being suprised when i saw aotc when everyone clapped at the end

7. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    For me it was seeing the first shot of TPM as they land on the droid command ship. It was just cool to reach the point in time when the prequels were actually happening.

Also bouncing a beach ball around for all three shows was pretty cool too. A guy dressed as Chewy at Episode 3 was also a highlight. The best part though is that my dad went to all three shows with me, opening day, first showing, 5 hour wait in line. That was particularly cool for me since he's not really a movie buff, let alone interested in sci-fi/fantasy.

8. Merodoc

Merodoc Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    As with many posters here, I was too young to remember anything from the Phantom Menace--not a thing jumps to mind except walking to the theatre from the parking lot. Which is a shame, because it is the first time I witnissed a Star Wars movie firsthand at the cinema.

Before and since, I was a Star Wars fan. And watching the opening crawl--the newspaper-headline bulletins--taps into an emotion not realized in movies today. It is too bad Lucas is moving into Television; he will be sorely missed in theatre.

1997-2005 were, indeed, the best years any Star Wars fan could ask for.

9. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I don't know. There's many memories to consider.

I would have to say Anakin destroying the droid control ship.

10. jedimaster11

jedimaster11 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    The banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin, R2 early in ROTS before it got all dark, and everything from "The Duel" to the end music. Both reminded me of the OT, flooded me with emotion as I remembered seeing OT in the theaters as a child.

[face_peace]

11. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I like the Opening Battle Sequence and The Duel in ROTS.

12. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    The Battle of Geonosis

13. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Favorite memory of the experiences surrounding the movies: The week before TPM came out, I went down to my local theater to deliver cookies to the fans waiting in line, and take pictures with them. That was a lot of fun.

Favorite memory of the movies themselves: The moment when Yoda drew a lightsaber for the first time. :cool: =D=

14. Darth_Fless

Darth_Fless Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    Like everyone else, my favorite prequel memory was the lightsaber battle at the end of TPM.

Also like a lot of other people, TPM was origianlly a disappointment - it didn't seem to fit in with the original trilogy - where are the stormtroopers? who is this Trade Federation? What's with the battle droids? But when it came out on video/dvd, and I started watching it more often with my son, and after seeing AOTC and ROTS it really fits in and is a fun movie to watch.

Close seconds:
    AOTC - when Yoda draws his lightsaber; Dooko revealing the true plot to Obi Wan
    ROTS - Yoda vs. The Emporor

15. BATTLELION

BATTLELION Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I've got memories from them all:

TPM:

Seeing it twice but totally being obsessed with it. I think some people cried when Qui-Gon was dying.

Collecting all the Chips bags and all sorts of Pepsi cans and nick nacks of all kinds just to get a glimpse of all that Star Wars

Totally freaking out about Jar Jar binks and later wondering why I could'nt have been in there instead.

AOTC:

Thinking to myself at how badly acted some of the lines were.

Only seeing it once. DARN!

Trying to explain what the clones were to my parents, who were convinced that LUKE went back in time to have DARTH VADER as a child. I don't know what that was about, they were confused.

ROTS:

Definitely remembering the first time I saw it because all sorts of geeks and nerds went to it on opening day (I went too, but I'm a normal guy).

hearing them say:

CUT HIS HEAD OFF! when the Chancellor told Anakin to kill Dooku.

but the scariest part of them all was...

George Lucas' wardrobe hadn't changed.......

BATTLELION

16. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    I remember I came into the theater late for TPM. I caught it when TC-14 was talking to the Neimoidians and I noticed that their lips didn't move in sync with the words they were saying. That's my first Star Wars in the theater memory. But I would have to say the best memory was watching Maul extend his saber and hearing the Duel of the Fates music for the first time. It was strange music for Star Wars, but it made it all that more exhilirating.

As for AOTC, I remember that as being the most movie I was anticipating and the most one that disappointed me.

ROTS I knew what it was gonna be about, but it proved a bit of a disappointment because I imagined it being better while reading the script the day before ;)

17. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    Watching the end credits for ROTS and saying to my brother, "Wow, it didnt' suck." :) Then remarking that HC sure does play psychotic well. Snarkiness aside, ROTS made me like the whole prequel idea more, instead of wishing for those 6-plus hours of my life back.

18. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Awwww you guys----I really enjoyed reading about everyone's favorite memories. Thanks...I was 12 when I saw the original Star Wars in the theater. I was just blown away. I have been really blessed to have been able to see each movie on the big screen. I enjoyed TPM, but I didn't really get into the Prequels until I saw AOTC. It made me remember just how cool Stars Wars is. My favorite moment is the opening battle sequence to ROTS. I just love seeing Anakin and Obi Wan flying together and just how they interact with one another. I love seeing Anakin as a pilot! I have a lot of scenes that I really love, but that scene is my favorite!

19. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Well my theater experiences of the Prequels is a mixed bag.

TPM - I couldn't believe I was up to my eyes finally seeing the next-generation of the Star Wars films! The backstory we'd all been patiently waiting so long for! And thus, the lights darkened, and once that 20th Century Fox rolled and its music theme track was played, I got goosebumps. Knowing: This is it! Then the newly polished LucasFilm LTD logo shines and sparkles, I just knew it was time for Star Wars! Another awesome popcorn experience too, adding to the fray! Then the classic "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." text..... and then BOOM! The opening crawl! A feeling of estatic exhiliration has crawled up my spine - WOOOOOHOOOOO! EPISODE I (:D) - THE PHANTOM MENACE...... err okay, it's a bit of a wordy title, carrying on...... some info about the trade supply route being blocked from the small planet of Naboo and etc and two Jedi Knights (Obi-Wan Kenobi and his master presumably) sent by the Chancellor to resolve this via Negotiation or something along those lines..... err okay, then pan down to an awesome CGI shot of the Republic cruiser heading towards the Trade Federation droid control starships..... then suddenly I see some view screen and hear something about boarding being perfectly legal and the ambassadors? What is this, Star Trek?

Ss the movie progressed, seeing the Jedi Knights in their prime was awesome, but the film, although it felt like a Star Wars film, was generally disapointing. Jar Jar was Mr. I'm going to be in every scene even when comedy relief moments aren't required and annoy you to death and the general 5-year-old-cartooney feel and poop and fart jokes made it seem more like a cartoon as I just said, and the Politics were okay, demonstrating a time of civility and more honor, before the dark times, before the Empire. The Jedi Council... okay an over-arrogant group of Jedi Knights who are the peace-keepers of the galaxy, and what's with this teribly acted 2D, generic Mace Windu character, come on Jackson you could do a better job! And God, what the HELL were they thinking with this ludicrious Yoda puppet and the high pitched voice that totally lacks authority!?!? Then before this Anakin Jake Lloyd kid who screams: "Yippe!" shows up, wait, this is the father of LUKE SKYWALKER!?! The boy who journeys into the suit as Darth Vader? Well he's 9-years old so fair enough!

The space battle blew, but yeah you get the picture the movie was generally disapointing, it lacked the wit, drama, characters, and even stimulation at times, plus the very good to excellent humour, the acting, and the daring script that the original trilogy seized. Although Natalie Portman did a astonishingly job at times. In the next two movies though, especially ROTS, she falls flat. Period. However, once those blast doors opened up, unveiling the Hooded cloak of Darth Maul and once they took off their cloaks and ignited their lightsabers, I couldn't find a better way to prepare myself for an excellent duel, a splendid musical score, and the true nature of THE *REAL* menacing, iconic villian of the PT.

AOTC - A slight improvement over TPM, I of course wasn't a fan of the romance story, no chemistry and woeful acting on both Natalie's and Hayden's part, but don't blame it on them, blame it on George's capability of writing at the level of a 2nd grader ("Believe me, I wish I could wish my feelings away, but I can't!" "I don't like sand. It's corse, and soft, and rough, and it's irritating, and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft, and smooth." I HATE those lines with a passion!) And generally choppy editing, and the wooden acting and screenplay as still abound. Okay, Yoda is CGI now, and he's lost the high-pitched voice, an improvement, but only 90% of the time excellent, he's also COMPLETELY over-animated and over-acted. We get the picture, ILM and Lucas: he's a 874 year old Jedi Master wizard who can barely walk, and so on and so forth.

Even the musical score and themes could have been put to better use.

20. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I saw ANH in theatres in 1997 so I can't say that TPM was my first, but it was the first time I saw a new Star Wars. 5 of my friends and i watched it. it was out of this world.

The minute the crawl started was just breathtaking, of course when the crawl finish all 6 of us went "If you can read this, you don't need glasses." Thanks Mel Brook -_- lol

Favorite Moment: When Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon went up against Darth Maul. We got to see what a fully trained Jedi could do. That alone was worth the long wait and of course Sidious going "Wipe them out, all of them"

ATOC favorite Moments:

"Why do I get the feeling you are going to be the death of me?"
    The Tusken slaughter scene. I don't I was the only one cheering Anakin on.
    And of course Yoda v/s Dooku. Everyone in the theatre cheered when Yoda pushed his robe to the side and then was a near standing ovation when the duel was finished

ROTS:

THe Opening crawl, to see Episode III scroll up i was practically in tears and not just because I am an insane fanboy. Like others have said, the understand that is movie is the last but also because I have waited 20 years for that moment . All of the Duels and then the DUEL. ROTS has my fanboy soul has my favorite memory. The entire movie :D

21. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Anakin vs. Obiwan: the entire fight but especially the dialougue between them before it "I will do what i must."

22. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    My favourite memory of the prequil trilogy was Jar Jar Binks always being clumsy and the passage through the underground watercaves of Naboo with the big Goobafish. "Uh oh! Big Goobafish, huge I see."

23. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    TPM- Darth Maul and the double bladed lightsaber

AOTC- The Battle of Geonosis

ROTS- Yoda Vs Sidious....BATTLE OF THE MASTERS

24. DarthSerta

DarthSerta Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    A LONG TIME AGO , IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAYin TPM it was fantastic ,i was waiting for that along time.
    The battle of Geonosis was very cool,but the greatest battle of the prequels was the battle over Coruscant, the beggining of RotS was amazing.

25. mykindofyoda

mykindofyoda Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2005
    The whole duel with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gonn and Darth Maul with the dual of the fates theme in the background building the anticipation.

Running across dangerous streets and almost getting hit by a bus in order to get to the movie theatre in Zhengzhou, China to see Star Wars before anyone in America. The theatre employees told us that when it comes out in America, it's come out there, even though the time zone is different and technically it should've come out a day before it did in America.

Seeing RotS start out so magnificently with the action-packed space battle, R2-D2, igniting that droid on fire inside Grievious' ship, seeing the epic battle between Obi and Grievious, seeing a lightsaber battle within the 1st 10 minutes of the movie, hearing dual of the fates blast again during the Obi/Anakin fight, seeing yoda open his eyes and kick the emperor's butt, seeing yoda launch his lightsaber into the clone trooper, and finally seeing darth vader get his suit put on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.