main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite memory from the prequels.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Dude1007, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggalo

Juggalo Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2004
    TPM - Going to toys r us and checking out their huge array of merch, and playing that repetitive podracing game. also, on the 2nd or 3rd viewing, I stayed through the credits to hear that Vader breathing at the end, and one of the theatre employees was looking at my maul lightsaber and he told me and my friend we could stay for the next showing of it. FOR FREE. but my mom wasn't havin it cuz she had to get home, or something. damn her

AOTC - buying the anakin saber, and seeing it the first time. I was just in awe. It was so amazing. I knew NOTHING of what went down in the movie before i saw it so it was a great expierence.

ROTS- for about 7 months up untill 5/19 i was OBSESSED with it. Ask anyone i know thats all i did was hype up the movie, watch the trailers and such. I remember chilling at my friends apartment watching The OC *SHUDDER* just to see the 2nd trailer. The whole opening day in the line was such an expierence, with all the lightsaber fights outside the theatre. After the movie i was slightly disappointed because some of the things i read on the just the facts section of this site didnt happen. but overall, it was AMAZING. It's easily my top favorite movie of all time. also another memory was reading the review of ROTS on the Maddox website, I dunno how many people are aware of that site. he said the movie sucked for many reasons, one being the jedi not being able to sense the conspiracy against them, and anakin choking padme after all he just did "to save her". o well thats what you get when you read a review by someone who knows nothing of Star Wars

2. starkiller63

starkiller63 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2005
    I was at the theater watching TPM. In the begining when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are in the conference room filled with di-oxygen(?)
    and all you can see is smoke as the door opens. And then there is a humming sound and you see the glow from their lightsabers. Wow!
    I felt like a little kid again.

3. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I was flipping through the channels one day, and out of nowhere I stumble across The Empire Strikes Back. The peak of the Hoth Battle.

I was confused at first, asking myself "is this star wars?" Just then, a man in all black enters the base and my question was answered immediately. Darth Vader.....

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I have many favorite memorys of the prequels.

For TPM its - Going to see it with my dad. It was not on opening night or day. We went to see it a week or so after it opened. I had seen the OT:SE with him when they put ANH, TESB, and ROTJ back on the big screen and it was really fun. So being able to see it with him was great. I next saw it with my Grandpa. I did not see it again until it came out on VHS. But those two viewings were great.

AOTC - It was the first movie I saw three times. I would say the best veiwing was on the 4th of July. Seeing that movie then coming out to a lot of fire works going fun was really cool. :)

ROTS - I saw this movie opening day. I then saw it again on that Saturday. Then I got to go with my dad to see the movie. Last I went with a buddy to see it. It was just great. But I think seeing the trailer was the best memory becasue it would be the last time I would ever see a Star Wars tralier. :(

Edit one other thing about ROTS when I saw it the first three times after each veiwing people cheered and had grins(sp) on there faces.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    My ROTS bias aside, I really like the love story pf AOTC and the larger mythological theme of TPM. Going back and watching TPM now after ROTS is really cool. It gave Vader so much depth. My favorite memory would have to be lining up for ROTS and AOTC at midnight and being blown away.

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    What do you mean by bias?

7. DarthVader_

DarthVader_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Had to be coming out of TPM thinking what a great saber fight, and how cool Darth Maul was. The best thing about TPM for me.

8. Xile

Xile Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    The best memory I had from the prequels was seeing the last two shots of AOTC. The first time I saw AOTC was on DVD so I got to see the version with anakins mechanical hand. It absoloutely blew me away to see the "good" army, the clone army marching to the imperial march, with Bail Organa looking on in horror, and then to cut to Anakin and Padme getting married which I KNEW was the beggining of the end for Anakin. Then the closing shot looking out to the sunset and a cut to the credits... It was absoloutely awesome and it left me screaming for ep. III.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    That it's my favorite. ;)

10. CC_Oddball

CC_Oddball Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2005
    Oh, God, ROTS moments out the arse.

1. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith scrolls up the screen. "Oh, wow, we're finally here!"

2. Anakin & Obi-Wan arive at the battle of Coruscant to the Force Theme. For a brief moment, I was five again, and I whispered to myself, "It's Anakin and Obi-Wan..."

3. Anakin & Obi-Wan rollercoaster into the Battle of Coruscant. Holy cow. Um..whoa.

4. Dooku's death. This is why you don't taunt angry Jedi Knights, y'hear?!

5. Grievous' arrival on Utapau. My initial suspicions were correct-this guy is a pirate. He has a wholesome, upstanding opponent in Obi-Wan, he bosses his crew around, and that theme...

6. Sidious talking about Plagueis' death. Sick *(*&%...nice little smile there, Lord Sidious, I mean, CHancellor Palpatine.

7. The start of the Kashyyk battle. George finally gives us that Wookie throwdown we'd wanted.

8. "You are under arrest, my Lord!"

9. Order 66. I was nearly in tears. THe poor clones killed the only folks who would ever care about them.

10. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme's verbal confrontation. Did I say I almost cried?

11. Obi-Wan standing at the top of the ramp in Padme's ship. Duh duh duh dun!! It's Superman!

12. Yoda vs. Darth Sidious. "The little green troll is coming for you!!" This was George's eye candy to compensate for the horrific tragedy of..

13. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. The end of this nearly had me bawling too.

14. The montage at the end.

11. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    My favourite memory is Darth Maul Standing alone ready to confront Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, Taking off their robes and then Maul igniting his double ended saber.

There are lots of great bits in ROTS. Overall I have to give it to Darth Maul.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    TPM: Walking out of the theatre wondering if they were going to make more SW movies (I was 13 at the time) and getting home that hot May afternoon and logging onto a SW fansite called theforce.net for the first time :D

AOTC: The last 45 minutes! It was so exciting on such an epic scale... Hundreds of Jedi Knights fighting together, Attack of the Clones, and the Dooku/Kenobi/Anakin/Yoda duels. Very awe-inspiring to everyone I saw it with :eek:

ROTS: Waiting in line for the midnight showing and hearing the war drums pounding as the screen pans down to show two lone Jedi starfighters zip across the bow of a Star Destroyer. When I saw that opening shot, I knew ROTS was going to end the PT on the proper note!

Great trilogy, and it's bittersweet that it's over. On one hand we have the movies for our own now, but there was just something exciting about sharing the anticipation with hundreds of thousands of folks here at the JC. Hopefully this place gets crazy for the TV shows and the 3D theatrical re-releases[face_praying]

13. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Definitely lining up for the midnight showings of TPM and ROTS - a combined 30+ hours of anticipation and jackassery.

Oh and pretty much any scene involving Maul. [face_love]

14. ravennomad

ravennomad Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Seeing Obi-Wan battle Anakin/Vader on Mustafar, finally we see what we could only imagine for almost thirty years, and this scene did not dissapoint, i can only hope the lost 11 min's gets added in the re-release.....but this scene was worth the price of admission all by its self.

15. LadyVader93

LadyVader93 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2006
    the love scenes between anakin and padme in aotc! oh how i wish my "blueberry" would do that with me...but he doesn't even like hugs:_| i'm jealous of ani and padme..even though anakin winds up killing padme! in rots he lifts her up and :* kisses her...i don't even get a hug!!!!!!i'll never be kissed:_|

16. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    30+ hours!! :eek:

I think I only stood in line for ROTS for 4, and we were near the beginning of the line, thank goodness.

17. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    When I saw episode 1, I liked it a lot, When I went to see episode 2, I remember that they had some problems getting it on And I liked the movie a lot, When I saw episode 3, The line was very very big, And I was still able to get a good seat,:eek: I was really suprised, And I liked the movie a lot, They were great memory's!:)

18. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    Well my worst memory is when I saw Episode I and they could'nt get the sound to work. So we actually had to wait about a half an hour to just start the movie.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

19. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Watching TPM at seven years old. I had the "Duel of the Fates" score stuck in my head for six months. I only remember that I thought that Maul and Sidious talked at the base of the Sith Infiltrator on Tatooine. I also remember the shot where Padme and co. infiltrate the palace through the window with the Duel of the Fates music blaring. And I remember the little lightsaber duel and Watto. And I cried during the funeral scene because I thought the music was weird.

20. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001
    While I was reading this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/Parno2/scroll.jpg]

21. km12

km12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005

Well, most of my favourite memories are from ROTS....but that ground's been pretty well plowed so I was thinking further back. I remember watching TPM and suddenly....during the pod race...some good old Tusken Raiders show up..and start taking potshots at the racers!! I just loved that!! It was pretty funny and...it took me right back to the OT!!.

22. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Well, one of them would have to be from TPM. My first viewing...after a 16 year gap...we were all a little wary of what we would see; but when Qui-gon shoved his sabre into the blast door cutting his way through.....and the "Force Theme" started playing. I knew I was back in the SW universe.

23. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Sitting in a pizza joint with an old friend describing the Phantom Menace teaser I'd just watched at the movies, the day before I moved out of my old hometown 4ever :)

24. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    My friends and I were about twenty people or so back for the 12:02 showing EST and we lined up there at about 7:45 and a couple people had laptops with them and we watched AOTC

Another great memory!

25. LadyVader93

LadyVader93 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2006

i was 6 i think, but i don't remember ANY of it!:_|

but i do remem. seeing aotc and hating anain...now that has changed of course...but padme was my fav character...i thought that?(well now i know..)the guy that played anakin did a horendous job and i hated him SO MUCH..now i love sw..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.