main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite OT sound

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SITHlover, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    quite specifically the lightsaber ignition that luke's saber makes on endor when he needs to deflect the blasts from that speeder bike. that particular snap-hiss has got to be the best one. oh, and also when the emperor says:

"so be it... jedi"

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    The sound Luke's lightsaber makes when it turns on in ROTJ. It always reminds me of the sound they use when opening something really cold, like cryogenic freezing chambers in cartoons and movies. :)

Hmmm...the sound the torture droid makes when it enters the cell Leia's in. That's a creepy one if any and really sets the mood as the door shuts down ominously behind them.

3. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    SITHlover-I know what you mean by the "spitting" sound of the blaster bolts hitting Luke's X-Wing. I've always thought that sounded pretty unique.

So many choices! Star Wars has the best sound effects of any movie ever.

I love the sound of the Millenium Falcon as it flies through space. It really sounds like a powerful ship!

4. JediDJ1013

JediDJ1013 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    lightsabers...igniting, humming...crashing together! all awesome!

5. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd have to say either the ties, or the speeder bikes, or the sound the scout troopers make as they are thrown from a speeder bike and hit a tree.

6. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    TIE Fighter blasters.

7. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    so many good sounds...Ties, Vaders breathing, but I think one of my all time favourites is sound of a spur as Fett walks along. Makes me think of the old west outlaws.

That and his original voice, just made him the most bad ass character in the trilogy to me.

8. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Han's blaster firing in the cantina...and ONLY Han's blaster.

9. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    The sounds of Luke and Vader's sabers on Bespin. Luke's sounds a bit panic-ed (typo?), whereas Vader's sounds totally in control. I've alway wondered if there's some switch that controls that feature.

Furthermore I love the humming sounds of the lightsaber, R2 saying oo-ooh when the Jawa's spy on him, the sounds of the protocol droid, Yoda laughing.... Heck, I love 'em all!!!!

10. Agloras

Agloras Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    The yelling of the tusken raiders :D

11. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    The ol' snap-hiss. The emperors final death cry. And the sound of the second Death Star starting to blow. The power regulator on the North Tower. And the Falcon as it races out. That rapid beep, beep, beep sound. My heart beats thinking about it.
    But there are two sounds that to this very day give me goose pimples. Not for the sound, but when they occur. As a child I remember loving R2 and being very scared when he got shot. The beep when he was at the medal ceremony. TO say nothing of seeing him all new. (I WAS 4 yrs old). And the other is Chewie's roarrr as he, Luke and Han stride to get the medals from Leia. A celabratory primal sound if ever there was one. I even burned the music directly from the movie for that reason.

12. darthbronco

darthbronco Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    the "clunk" R2 makes after getting shot by jawas is cool!

can't really pick just one sound that stands out. they are all good. except for the SE Luke scream...

13. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I forgot the Tusken yelling sound, very different and VERY cool!!

AS much as Ben Burtt is over done on the DVD's you gotta hand it to him - SW sounds are like no other movie, so alien and so believable.

14. SScamaro400

SScamaro400 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    I would have to say the most memorable sound to me is the tractor beam powering down in ANH. I also like the Tuskan Raider's yell and Chewie's roar. Of course the entire sound board of light sabers effects is very unique and special, along with the blaster sound effects.

15. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I forgot the tractor beam powering down. And also the snowspeeders sound pretty nice.

Off topic. The Current Affairs sound is pretty awesome, just heard it for the first time in a decade.

16. LukeJim

LukeJim Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    the sudden lightning from palpy on luke in ROTJ, having watched it at the pictures when it came out not knowing what the hell was going to happen, luke standing there, palps looking calm, vader down, last thing we all expected was this old wrinkled man fire LIGHTNING at the hero, not only that but it appeared as if luke was finished.

17. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I gotta add Boba's jet pack and rope dealie in RotJ, those are awesome. :cool:

And the sail barge explosion. I have to say, RotJ had the best sound effects in my book.

18. Emperor_Dantius

Emperor_Dantius Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2005
    George Lucas in the commentary.

19. Captain_Fett

Captain_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    An ignited saber.

20. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I really love the various shades of siren sounds on DSII in ROTJ. We hear a few types in a number of pitches as Vader's shuttle docks, and then one last, long and deep one as Luke is unmasking Anakin. I find myself, as I'm driving to and from school, just making those noises to myself, Police Academy style. It was really nice to hear the sound put to good use on the landing platform scene at the start of AOTC.

Also, a sound I just noticed recently while watching the DVDs is that strange background noise in Ben's house in ANH. It's that long, wind chimey, New Age type humming that gains prominence right after the "General Kenobi..." message. I think it's really beautiful. It's the type of thing I'd just like to have playing on a loop in a CD player or something where I live, like those people who listen to nature recordings, or whalesong.

21. Cremaster_Jedi

Cremaster_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    IT-O, the torture droid. Always thought it was a cool sound.

22. IG-75

IG-75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2005
    I totaly agree with darthYENIK.. Ties, Lightsaber and speederbikes all the way!

23. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Chewie swinging to the chicken walker- who knew he had a Tarzan side?

I've always loved the sound of the TIE engines. It sounds like they're screaming "YEEEEEEEAAAHH!!!"

Also, the ever-popular snap-hiss of the saber.

24. RhifRhaf

RhifRhaf Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2005
    1) Chewie's yell
    2) the Jawas' "nn-tee-dee!"
    3) various "Wilhelms" throughout the saga

25. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I chose the sound of Tie Fighters flying by, the hiss of the lightsabers and good old Gonk's "gonk".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.