main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Favorite Prequel Movie and Why.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by El_Machete12, Dec 21, 2012.

1. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    This list is easily all of the solid reasons to love Attack of the Clones. I felt it was burdened with being tasked to explain Anakin's romance with Padmé, and show Anakin's frustrations with Obi-Wan, without much time to develop their friendship (I felt Revenge of the Sith struck a much better balance).

Minus the nitpicks, it shows how a Star Wars movie can succeed breaking from the usual formula, and I will always applaud it for taking chances with this. Still my least favorite among the prequels, but I can still pop it in and watch it anytime.

Also, I'm not a Jar-Jar hater, so I didn't care how much screen time he got one way or another, but they actually found a smart way to keep his character relevant, and still have him make a difference when he appeared (representing Padmé).

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    The thing with Jar Jar is I don't even really consider him a character. He's more of a symbol than anything, and that's why I love him for what he is

FRAGWAGON and Alexrd like this.
  3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Could you expand on this? What exactly is badly edited in the movie?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's my second favorite Star Wars movie behind ROTJ.

I thought the Geonosis scenes dragged though.

On the much maligned love story, I liked the meadow scene and dinner scene, I liked "I truly deeply love you" and the kiss on the cheek as she jumped on the creature behind Anakin in the arena, and I liked the wedding.

The fireplace scene set my teeth on edge and before that Anakin just made an ass of himself. Which doesn't bother me that much but I can see why some people didn't like it.

skyrimcat9416 and Poor Greedo like this.
  5. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    I have noticed that AOTC has been getting a lot of more love lately, which is good to see. I've seen people outside these forums who do not even like the PT who have ranked Attack of the Clones as the best of the Prequels, or even their favorite Star Wars film.

Darth Raiden and Poor Greedo like this.
  6. Garra

Garra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    Battle of Geonosis with hundreds of Jedi was my favorite ever. I can't think how funny it was when Kit Fisto puched 3PO and he said "UOWGH"

Darth Raiden and Poor Greedo like this.
  7. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I LOVE ATOC!!!!!!!!! :D what can I say its awesome. It was the only prequel movie I didn't watch at cinema which I kinda regret (but t the same time you can't just pass on watching scorpion king and spiderman TWICE!). I agree with everything the OP said. What thing that bugs me though is how everyone is up in arms about the "I don't like sand line". I've watched this movie God know how many times and still don't understand whats wrong with it [face_dunno]. Also I have to say that I never had a problem with Hayden's performance (even the fire scene it just makes me sympathise with the guy). I watched it recently to see if there was anything for me to say this guy sucks, and nothing stood out for me to say this guy is awful or he's the George Clooney of batman. But let me stress to you that when I saw Yoda for the first time ignite his lightsaber and duke it out with Dooku, my nerdgasim reach levels I never even knew existed (which is another reason why I was sad to not experience this in cinema- although I'm hoping to do so if they continue with the 3D releases). Oh and Jango Fett is so much cooler than Bobba could ever dream of. But anyways let me say that ATOC is probably the most underrated out the whole saga.

8. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I don't think I can come up with a list of reasons why I love AOTC. I just love it (and TESB) more than any other SW movie.

Poor Greedo and ezekiel22x like this.
  9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I love you

Poor Greedo and Darth Raiden like this.
  10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Forgive me, I'm one of those "grumpy OT fans" that generally hangs out in the classic films forum, so I haven't really seen AOTC in a long time. When did this happen? I don't think I ever noticed. You have me all curious now.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of AOTC (ROTS is really the only prequel I can stomach). BUT in the spirit of this thread, I will list a few things I liked about it:

That whole sequence between Obi Wan and the guy who was trying to sell him death sticks. That was pretty funny.

And not to sound like a raving sociopath, but I liked the part when Anakin slaughtered the sand people. And then the scene where he tells Padme about it. Probably the only Anakin/Padme scene I liked in that movie. I mean, Natalie Portman registered all the emotions of a houseplant, but Hayden did quite well there. I was proud of him. High point of the movie for him, me thinks

11. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013

Before Dooku left Geonosis, Poggle the Lesser (geonosian leader) gave him the design of the DS to prevent the Republic from discovering them, it is shown in this short scene:

[​IMG]

12. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Awwww shucks [:D]

Poor Greedo and Seagoat like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yanksfan : "You want to go home and rethink your life..." Probably one of the most quotable scenes in that movie, at least quotable in a positive way like Han's lines are.

And the Lars garage scene may be the best scene in the prequels.

14. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Obi-wan's detective story, Also is Jawa Juice made from Jawas? if so EWW.[face_sick]

Darth Darkstarr and Poor Greedo like this.
  15. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    AOTC just has this vibe, a palpable melancholy, an enchanted veil over the whole thing. It's taut with the tension of a fairytale; like Chesterton wrote of Elfland and it's doctrine of Conditional Joy.

Everything in the story, every hope of happiness in it's characters, and peace for the Galaxy, hangs in the balance, and the thread is bare.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I love it too. Pretty much a perfect balance of the epic and the intimate for my money. AOTC more than any other episode shows me that the calm before the storm can paradoxically be the storm itself, and for that reason its brand of characterization and "world-building" strikes me as some of the most honest and engaging of the overall cycle, even in moments where Lucas is framing things through a highly stylized lens.

17. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I am critical of the prequels but I still find AOTC enjoyable. A solid B movie. If the love story was pre-established, I think it would be a much better film.

But, it really had some of the best visuals in the series. I liked many of surroundings from the streets of Coruscant to gorgeous Kamino. The Clone troopers vs. droids scenes were well done and I enjoyed Jango as a new character. Plus, Obi-Wan had a lot to do in this movie :)

18. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Obi-Wan as a bit of a spy is great. Count Dooku and Jango Fett are phenomenal. Yoda is freakin cool, and did I mention Iove the love story?

19. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Battle of Geonosis absolutely kicks ass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That actually looks more like the DS2 than the DS1 - superlaser crater is proportionally deeper and larger.

21. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Budget cuts.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  22. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    AOTC is probably my favorite prequel, if nothing else because of my opening night experience with it. I remember seeing ESB and ROTJ when I was really young but hardly remember it, so having vivid memories of the prequels is one of my favorite things. The Phantom Menace was a blur the first time I saw it, it was just overwhelming and a lot to process. Revenge of the Sith is one of my favorite films period (Star Wars or not) but AOTC was a brilliant movie going experience and it just bumps to the top of my list.

Everything from the pan UP at the beginning instead of the traditional pan down after the opening scroll to the crowd going nuts in the Yoda fight made for a memorable night at the movies. Sure there were things that bugged me on repeat viewings but I think its the most visually striking of the 6 films. The neon lit underground of Coruscant with the guitars playing over John Williams score being a particular highlight. I also thought it was very clever how he worked the Fetts into the universe as well as the Clone Wars. I never would have guessed that.

I loved ROTS opening night but it felt like the end of a part of my life that wasn't ignited until Episode VII was announced!

23. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014
    I'm not the biggest fan of any of the prequels, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Revenge of the Sith.

24. darthirons

darthirons Jedi Master

Oct 23, 2010
    Thou a lot of people think of it as the worst, I prefer TPM over the other two.
    It has great original one off characters that we don't meet again. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul.
    The best Lightsaber fight of the PT in the 3 way fight near the end.
    Best music score of the PT.
    The Pod race.

Unfortunately it also had Gungans and Jake Lloyd, nothing's perfect.

25. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    All of them are amazing and love from start to finish, but Episode III is the best one of them all and i mean the other 3 as well. From start to end your on this emotional roller-coaster which is just awesome, i loved it. It was just amazing, it did make me sad and just full of emotional. A true master piece.

Andy Wylde likes this.