main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Favorite Prequel Movie and Why.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by El_Machete12, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

I dunno.

You make ROTS sound very prequel-y, to me.

I wanna watch it!

2. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    Haha thanks.

Me and a friend have had a hate/love relationship with Dex for years. The effects may be the most obvious CGI in the whole movie, but there's still something about the character you can't help but enjoy.

Cryogenic likes this.
  3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

I think that maybe, as well, I enjoy Dex because of, as you contend, the obviousness of the CGI.

Just something very goofy about the whole scene -- from the improbability of a 50's diner, down to Ewan's chipper, fun performance.

And there are tons of very clever, very subtle visual details to drink up on repeat viewings.

A scene like this is the heart of SW, in my opinion.

4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    ROTS. Its the best developed of the three, and the best to.d a a story. AOTC is good, but the romance scenes are a serious ding against it, and there are some other weaknesses. TPM is by far mu least favorite Star Wars movie. It still has some stuff i like in it, but I really, really dislike kid Anakin.

5. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I feel like ROTS is the only really necessary one, so I have to vote for it.

Besides, it's pretty damn good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jordi bernal

jordi bernal Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2015
    I think my favourite one is The Revenge of the Sith. It's very interesting to see how Anakin turns into the dark site. Also the special effects of the space battles are awesome. At last, the final combat between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin is a very emotional part.
    I'd like to say that The Attack of the Clones is a very good movie. It shows gigantic clone battles and I personally like the fight between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett.
    The Phantom Menace is the worst for me. But I think that's because it's focused on kids. Even though, Darth Maul is one of the best villians in Star Wars.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    ROTS is by far the best and TPM the worst of the entire series. I would also put AOTC above TPM but below ROTJ because there is too many cuts and edits at the end of the movie that should have been their but weren't. Jonathan Rinzler would have to do a Making of book for each of the prequel movies so that we can see what was and what wasn't. ROTS though is the best for me, and the novelization is by far the best movie novelization I have ever read, and hope that Episode 7 is good.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Attack Of The Clones. Because I enjoy the mysteries, the arena battle, the music and the ending. To a name a few anyway.

MarcJordan and Mindless Monster like this.
  9. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith without a doubt. And I don't think I need to tell why.;)

mes520 likes this.
  10. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    ROTS isn't only my favorite pt movie but its my favorite so far in the saga I love everything about the movie

11. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    I do like how RoTS portrays Anakin as a character of conflicted emotions. He is not just 'becoming more evil' as though were were slowly succumbing to a poison. Instead he is driven by his desire to contain an reverse loss but also by his love of Obi-Wan etc. That's one reason I think Old Ben's reminiscences of Anakin's character in ANH were always overly simplistic, and were never going to make it onto the screen. Purely 'good people' don't just 'turn evil'. If Anakin wanted more power, or there was some psychological disposition that drove him in that direction, he was then from the start a conflicted character and not 'purely good'. That is all the PT does - and fanboys hated it for some reason.

Samnz, SateleNovelist11 and mes520 like this.
  12. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    Attack of the Clones, to me, is the embodiment of everything Star Wars should be. It's the perfect film for a child on the cusp of puberty, but it's not dumbed down for a more mature audience. Tonally it is the most balanced of the prequel films. It has a little something for everyone - it's incredibly eclectic. It's so many things: It's bold, it's innovative, it's fun, it's awkward, it's dark, it's philosophical, it's flawed, it's amazing...it's bananas, but most importantly, to me, it's indelible. I think about the film almost all the time. It's one of those films that has the ability to transport you back to a more innocent, fancy-free time in your life. It's such a stupendous experience, and the funny thing about it is that it's not a very polished film. There are flaws in the editing department, Obiwan's infamous faux beard, some dialogue issues, acting issues, but for my money there is not a better Star Wars film. There just isn't. I watch Clones and after I sober up from being taken on the rollercoaster ride of my cinematic life, I just reflect on how awesome the entire film makes me feel, like some wonderful legal drug that coursed through my veins for 2hrs and 22 minutes. It's just insanely fun and deep and rich and...I could go on for days really. I absolutely love it.

-NaTaLie-, MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Visually, TPM is my favorite. Story-wise, ROTS is my favorite for all the reasons you said. It fulfills the definition of space opera in that story. Can't say I was a fan of the dialogue in ROTS and how feeble Padme was portrayed, but that's already been discussed. ROTS is definitely my favorite prequel film.