main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite scene

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BLUE-HARVEST, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    clearly, lord vader in ESB standing at the top of the stairs on Bespin when Luke arrives......"The force is with you young Skywalker..........but you are not a Jedi yet!!!" with the breathing, and the steam, and the dark back ground and red tint to the entire scene....you just KNOW you are in for some good stuff. and ANY scene in ESB where vader flexes muscle...."Asteroids do not concern me, admiral, I WANT THAT SHIP!!!"

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    I think it says alot about ROTJ that even as most people agree it's one of the weakest films in the saga (in terms of story progression), it has some of the most powerful and memorable moments within it. :)

Hmmm...my all time favorite scene is tough to pinpoint...I'd like to say *all* of Vader's interaction with Luke in ROTJ, but I know that's not applicable. So...probably the demasking.

As for my other ones...

ANH - Luke and Obi Wan's conversation at his home, Luke's first lightsaber lesson, and "My name is Luke Skywalker, and I'm here to rescue you!"

ESB - All of the trainin scenes with Yoda. Though my favorite of the bunch would probably be when Yoda introduces himself. Great character direction there.

ROTJ - Um, the second half the movie? :D Okay, fine, almost any of the moments where two characters talk mono e mono, which includes Yoda/Luke, Ben/Luke, Leia/Luke, and Ben/Luke. I know alot of people argue the dialogue in SW is hardly above par, but I always enjoy watching those sequences that otherwise seem to bore people.

3. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    I would have to say, when Leia gives her brother that big, wet kiss in the recovery room in ESB.:oops:

Just kidding.

My all time favorite is when the stormtroopers bust into the Tantive IV and then Vader appears for the first time.

4. Shadow-Sith

Shadow-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    For me it's a tie between the Death Star Conference scene and the scene were Luke surrenders to Vader on Endor.

5. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Vader: I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was, but the learner. Now, I am the master.

On that last line, Vader emphasizes the "I" with a slight wave and hum of his saber.

Cool stuff.

6. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    ANH - The entire Deathstar escape sequence, the end Deathstar dogfight

ESB - Astroid Field chase, Vader VS Luke duel (was done so perfectly)

ROTJ - Luke and Yoda, Luke and Ben, Luke and Leia's convo, all three battles (on endor, DS2 battle, Vader VS Luke).

7. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    My favorite scene was when Luke defeated Vader with the lightsaber.

8. Clone-Of-Kenobi

Clone-Of-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2005
    It's impossible for me to chose just one scene, so I will pick 3 scenes from each of the classic star wars movies.

ANH:
    -The fight between Kenobi & Vader.
    -The Battle of Yavin (the best star wars space battle ever).
    -Luke watching the binary sunset on Tatooine.

ESB:
    -The fight between Luke and Vader in Cloud City. The way Vader proves his supperiority and Luke realizes that he is in way over his head.
    There are so many great moments in that battle.

"Impressive, most impressive"
    "You are beaten, it is useless to resist, dont't let youself be destoyed like Obi-Wan did"

"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father
    He told me enough, he told me you killed him.
    No, I am your father!
    Nooooo.... that's not true, that's impossible.
    Search your feelings Luke, you know it to be true."

-The Battle of Hoth.
    -The asteroid chase. The Millenium Falcon Vs. a group of Imperial Star destroyers.

ROTJ:
    -The space battle over Endor.
    -The duel on the between Vader & Luke.
    -The conversation between Vader and Moff Jerjerod ("The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am").

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My all time favorite is during the Bespin duel
    sequence. After Luke has knocked Vader off of the
    platform and leaps down after him he enters that
    tunnel that lights up. He exits into the control
    room and we hear Vader breathing (Wow) Then he begins
    to Force throw things at Luke while the Imperial march
    begins playing.

What makes that scene so neat is that you get the
    feeling that Luke thinks he's winning up until then.
    He looks so confident going in then 'BAM', Vader lets
    him have it.

10. Thumbjoint

Thumbjoint Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2005
    No unique opinion here...but I'd say when Vader looks over at the Emperor and then throws him off the platform. Even though Luke said "Father...please" shortly before Vader does this, you don't expect it to happen(or at least I didn't).

11. durty_mynock

durty_mynock Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    my favorite scene?
    when Darth Vader appears...(it means...i love 1/4 of the movie)

12. AlanBradbury

AlanBradbury Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    It's a toss up between three scenes for me, for very different reasons:

The bit where Yoda says, 'That is why you fail'.
    Lot's of stuff in Star Wars is very hokey, but that's just so cool because in any endeavor you actually attempt, that comment is so true.

Another one would be in the original Star Wars before it got all CGI'd up and corrected, where that Stormtrooper smacks his head on the doorframe. I laugh my ass off every time I see that.

Last choice, the bit where Vader is choking that rebel guy having boarded the ship at the beginning of Episode 4. He flings the guy at the wall, and despite the rebel supposedly being dead, he puts his arms out to stop himself smacking painfully into the set. Just one of those funny unavoidable things you get making movies.

13. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    My favorite scene is the end of the duel in ROTJ starting with Luke attacking Vader in rage and ending with Luke resisting the Dark Side and throwing away his lightsaber.

I think this scene captures the essence of Star Wars with good finally triumphing over evil and it turned me into a lover of Star Wars instead of just a casual fan.

14. Beyond_the_Stars

Beyond_the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    A New Hope--The whole binary sunset scene. It's just so poetic. The music, the emotion, the whole sense of going nowhere very quickly. This kid obviously has NO IDEA what's in store for him. Almost kind of haunting, really.

Empire Strikes Back--Aside from Hamill's deplorable facial expressions, the "I am your father" scene, ranks #1

Return of the Jedi--Darth Vader's unmasking and death scene. Luke's whole sense of not being able to do anything is very similar to Anakin...I mean, just look at the dialogue!

"I'm here, Mom. You're safe. Hang on. I'm going to
    get you out of here..."--"Annie? Annie? You look so handsome. My son... my grown-up son. I'm so proud of you, Annie... so proud... I missed you so much... Now... I am complete"--"Stay with me, Mom."

"No. You're coming with me. I can't leave you
    here. I've got to save you."--"You already have, Luke. You were right about
    me. Tell your sister...you were right."--"Father, I won't leave you."

15. Biggs Darklighter

Biggs Darklighter Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2000
    You've all listed some great scenes. My favorite will always be The Duel in ESB. I love the effects and dialogue. And of course the impact the "I am your father." line had on the saga and popular culture in general.

Although this probably doesn't crack my top ten list of scenes in the trilogy I figure I'll mention an unsung favorite of mine. The goodbye scene between Han and Luke on Hoth always hits me. They had been through alot together. Their relationship was complex. It had that older brother/younger brother vibe to it. But anyway, watching Luke struggle to find the words when they parted and the look Han gives him at the end....

Nothing extremely special about that scene, but something about it always stuck with me.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    ANH ~ Garbage in prison block AA23
    ESB ~ "I am you father" scene, worm in Asteroid field
    ROTJ ~ final scene; Vader's funeral and celebrations throughout the Galaxy

17. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    aside from all the great ones posted, mine are:

All scenes on the Executor...priceless imperial stuff there.

and in that.

[scene} Bounty hunters, we dont need their scum...

No disintegrations..[/scene]

18. Emperors_Royal_Guard

Emperors_Royal_Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    Well that is very hard, ummmm i have to say the emperors arrival on the 2ed death star.

19. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    When you see the Emperor use force lightning on Luke and Vader grabs the Emperor and throws him down into that shaft.With the music playing and all,that's just awesome.

20. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    I like the scene where luke is on the second death star in ROTJ.

21. Admiral-Piett3

Admiral-Piett3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    ESB: The invasion of Hoth and pursuit of the Falcon.
    ROTJ: Emperor using lightning

22. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Anything with Luke/Vader together in ROTJ.

23. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Carbon Freeze from ESB and the Sarlacc Pit from RotJ

24. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    My favorite scene from the OT (as well as PT) is the scene on Endor with Vader and Luke. This is what the entire series is about. pure gold.

25. IG-75

IG-75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2005
    Ive gotta say its a toss up between the carbon freezing chamber scene in ESB (With threepio stapped to chewies back) and The scene that shows vader and luke side by side as father and son entering the emperors chamber in ROTJ. Goosebumps!........
    Oh yeah and retreat from hoth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.