main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite scene

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BLUE-HARVEST, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    My favorite scene in the saga is when the Emperor electrocutes Luke with force lightning and Vader throws him down the reactor shaft/

2. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    I don't know if it's really my favorite, but one of the most intriguing scenes for me has always been the scene on Cloud City where Lando leads Han, Leia and Chewie right into the trap with Vader. For one thing, the white room, the lighting, the staging all provide an atmosphere that you don't expect to encounter Vader in, so it's genuinely shocking. Han's quick thinking in blasting Vader, only to be effortlessly rebuffed, is amazing. And I always wondered just exactly what transpired after that door closed!

3. Delta_07

Delta_07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I like it when yoda was hitting r2d2 with the stick it looked funny

4. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    You'll have to excuse my ^friend^, his circuits are fried...

BTW, hi there, Delta_07

5. Delta_07

Delta_07 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    O Hi there delta_62

6. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    When Luke defeated Darth Vader during their duel in Return of the Jedi. It was the moment the entire OT was leading up to.

7. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    My favorite moment in all the films is an odd one.

It's the scene where the core group, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, 3PO and Luke, board the stolen shuttle in ROTJ. I know there are more dramatic moments and more visually stunning moments and more exciting action scenes, but over the course of the films, the core six characters are so rarely gathered together in one spot and here they are sitting together, just as a single entity. I love that image and that moment in the story, knowing that they are on their way to what will be the final battle with the Empire, that they are possibly on the verge of turning the course of events. It's a quiet moment, but exciting.

Threepio's line, "Here we go again," is perfect.

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    when Luke nearly went to the Darkside when vader said that maybe his sister can turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.