main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your favorite scenes of unintentional humor in the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by KilroyMcFadden, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The movies of the PT have become something of a staple of bad movie night in our home. Sometimes it stoops to the level of you becoming embarrassed for the filmmakers like the scene where Artoo is given a recognition ceremony for saving the ship or when Darth Vader yells "Nooooo". Sometimes it's just plain unintentionally funny, like Jawas forgetting every other phrase in their language except for "ootoonee" or Nute Gunray's lips not matching up to his dialog, what is your favorite piece of unintentional humor in the PT?

Hands down, my favorite piece of unintentional humor right now, (having just watched George Lucas's version of TPM a few minutes ago,) is the scene where you see a young Rodian, (Greedo?) and it is obviously just a small person in a rubber alien suit that's all bunchy at the ankles where it doesn't quite fit the actor. The humor is heightened by the fact that he sort of waddles around in a way that looks suspiciously like he may be a Nelwyn in a Halloween costume.
    ( http://willowufgood.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Nelwyns )

Greedo Ufgood, is that you?

2. powersRweak

powersRweak Jedi Knight

Feb 2, 2013
    Good relations with the Wookies I have.

Edit: Although this may have been intentional, ROTS being a subtle critique not only of George Bush's but also Bill Clinton's presidencies.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I pity you.

Grievousdude, Samnz, Dredalus and 2 others like this.
  4. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    I forgot that he inserted his personal political opinions in that movie. I think it was intentional, which makes it unintentionally funny. It seems unlikely that any future generations will "get" it though as George Bush references are already pretty dated.

5. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
  6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Nixon's, actually.

7. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I saw a security hologram of him killing younglings (is that a slight snicker Obi?)

It wasn't really funny, more cringe worthy,

8. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    You had me up until that sentence.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    basically anything in AOTC. it is tough to watch at times.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    How does this follow?

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Whherrrre arrreee dooooozzzee DRRRRROOOIDEKAAAAAS?

:D

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Great thread. Tried to narrow it down to favorites.

Anakin's quivering lip "I HATE THEM" speech in AOTC, followed by Natalie's complete non-reaction.

Anakin's "happiest day of (his) life".

Anakin and Padme's "love is blind" exchange.

Palpatine's facial expressions during his duel with Mace and the three Jedi Masters.

Anakin's "I agree. The Jedi's next move will be against the Senate".

Really, everything once Padme gets to Mustafar, almost the entire movie after she arrives. What a joke of a climax.

ANAKIN: Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.
    PADME: At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this!
    ANAKIN: I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you.
    PADME: Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can!
    ANAKIN: Don't you see? We don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy, make things the way we want them to be.
    PADME: I don't believe what I'm hearing . . . Obi-Wan was right. You've changed.
    ANAKIN: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me, don't you turn against me!
    PADME: I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow.
    ANAKIN: Because of Obi-Wan?

ANAKIN: You turned her against me!

ANAKIN: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire.

ANAKIN: I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over . . .
    ANAKIN: From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!

ANAKIN: You underestimate my power!

ANAKIN: I hate you!

VADER: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MEDICAL DROID: Medically, she is completely healthy. For reasons we can't explain, we are losing her.
    MEDICAL DROID: She has lost the will to live. We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies.

Ooooooobaaaa. Oooooobaaaa.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Bad movie night thread doesn't belong in here.

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    If there's a problem, I ask you to deal with the users causing problems, not the thread that users are enjoying well within the rules of the TOS.

This thread isn't against the rules of the site or this sub-forum.

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, I'll try spinning. That's a good trick.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Does intentional hamminess really count as unintentional humor?

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Nute Gunray also likes your post. Everything was campy, right down to the name.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol

Was Ian intending to be funny during his big showdown with Mace Windu? I don't know, I think that was just a stylistic choice. Could be both.

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    They're ... no ... mash ... for ... Droidickahs.

20. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Tuck him away!

SithStarSlayer and Saintheart like this.
  21. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Another great type of accidental humor is intentional humor that so misses the mark it wraps back around and is funny again for how funny it isn't. The Threepio stuff in the Geonosian factory/arena is a prime example of this.

To add on to @CT-867-5309's comment about Anakin and Padme's "love is blind" exchange. There is a particular part of that scene in which Ani calls her beautiful and she does this dramatic turn in which it is revealed that she is wearing garish, nearly clownish makeup and is anything but beautiful. It gave me hiccups from laughing so hard during the original view. I swear it seems like it was done on purpose. Nat is so hot they could have just stood her up in sweats after a workout and she would have photographed better than what they went with.

22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Nute Gunray is always entertaining, but again, I can't imagine that was unintentional. He's just a silly - or campy as SithStarSlayer put it - sort of character.

I mean, look at those hats.

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Eemposseeble! (Lips move without any words coming out) Nothing can get true our shielt!

EDIT: Oh, oh, and -- (high-pitched, Donald Duck voice) They've gone up da ventilaysh'n shaft!

24. powersRweak

powersRweak Jedi Knight

Feb 2, 2013
    Clinton famously said "I did not have relations with that woman" during the Lewinsky scandal. I was just being silly. :)

Darth_Nub likes this.
  25. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That scene is in a league all it's own

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.