main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Your favorite spacecraft in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Millennium Falcon 888, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Which one is your favorite?

1. Millennium Falcon

28.3%
  2. TIE Fighter

6.9%
  3. X-Wing Fighter

11.7%
  4. Kylo's Command Shuttle

36.6%
  5. Rey's Speeder (the Magnum ice cream :)

0.7%
  6. The Finalizer

9.0%
  7. First Order Transporter

4.8%
  8. Something else (please comment)

2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey everyone, we know that many of the iconic spacecraft made their long-awaited return in "The Force Awakens" including yours truly, but which is your favorite, i.e. the one whose appearance on screen got you most excited?

For me, it's obviously that pile of garbage which is my avatar here in the Forums, and she's definitely the most famous of them all - with that pathetic and war-torn exterior coupled with the super-powerful hyperdrive and spacious interior! :falcon:

[​IMG]

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I loved the new X-wings and the new TIE fighters (especially the Special Forces version). But if forced to choose, I have to vote for the Falcon. :falcon:

Dak Oolron and Collin Tongue like this.
  3. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Poe's black x-wing =P~

Dareth likes this.
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Kylo command shuttle is iconic.

5. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    Kyle's shuttle is awesome. The right mix of ragged with sophisticated.

Jakku and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    The Millennium Falcon. Perfect looking and perfect footage in TFA. First thing I said when I heard Disney had bought Lucasfilm and was releasing a sequel trilogy - I said YES. more Millennium Falcon. Boy did they not disappoint.

Side note - I loved all the 're-imagined' vehicles and new ones also. Could have done with a few A-Wings, B-Wings and Y-Wings though.

7. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    The Falcon was the star of TFA. But this is one of the weaknesses of the film. The new designs (Kylo's ship included) looks good but we don't see them enough for me to like them.
    I hope for more new designs to come in. The destruction of the rebel fleet by the FO looks like a good setup for a slate of new ships to show up in the other movies, freeing them of having to explain why we don't see old republic cruisers, though I think Home One would likely survive, even if its for fan service purposes.

My view is they are going to do a slow ramp up like the OT. You see fighter action in TFA. We're introduced to opposing fleets in Episode 8 and the fleets clash in Episode 9.

There were rumours that a fleet battle was axed in TFA's climax. I though it was the right call as it would be hard to top it again if they need space stuff in the subsequent movies.

I still remember rewinding and rewatching this scene from TESB. Such a satisfying build up.

ESB's ending of course shows us the rebel fleet.

Of course the fleets dont clash until ROTJ. That formula works, no reason to tinker with it.

Dak Oolron and Ricardo Funes like this.
  8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    The garbage'll do!

Although I did like the way they presented Kylo Ren's ship as though it was a graceful bird.

Darth_Furio , Xinau and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. thescavenger

thescavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Kylo's shuttle was very memorable at first sight. Especially when it was landing, along with the morbidly awesome Kylo Ren theme. What a perfect movie moment.

On another note, since we're talking about spacecraft. Did anyone get a good look at the spacecraft that left Rey in Jakku? Is it something we've seen before? It's not my favourite, but it is indeed full of mystery, so that makes it higher up on my list.

10. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016

I too would choose the Falcon(nothing tops this beautiful hunk of junk).

EHT and Ricardo Funes like this.
  11. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014

Darth_Furio likes this.
  12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I liked Kylo's Command Shuttle. It had an simpleness to it that makes you know there must be intricacies about it! I really loved the evil flair it had for when he struts out of it...

Jakku and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  13. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    I wanted to see the Guavian's ship better.

my kind of scum likes this.
  14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    The Resistance transport/lander for me. First Order lander would be a close second. I wish we could have seen the Crimson Corsair's ship more clearly.

I really wish there had been more new ships...

15. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Although I should have seen it coming when she referred to the "garbage", I didn't. I'm glad I didn't because it made it all the more special so that's my vote.

There was an excited gasp in the cinema when it came on screen, very similar in fact to when the DB5 turned up on Skyfall.

I did like the shot of the Star Destroyer buried in the sand though. Does that count?

16. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    The Millennium Falcon. I love that ship.

17. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I loved both new fighter designs (T-70 & TIE/sf).

Since I can't break the tie (lol), I'll pick the Finalizer, instead. I really loved the way they wove together elements from the Clone Wars and Civil War era Star Destroyers to make a very interesting and menacing capital ship.

18. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    X-Wings!

i've been trying to scope it, with little success. i don't believe that it is one but it seems to bear a resemblance to the snowspeeders used by the Rebels in the Battle of Hoth.

19. SkooterNB

Mar 4, 2005

Seemed to me like a larger, rounder freighter type ship.

20. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    This is the best image I could get of it:

[​IMG]

Xinau, Dak Oolron and thescavenger like this.
  21. SkooterNB

Mar 4, 2005

That is awesome.

22. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    The Falcon was as gracefull as ever. The beautiful hunk of junk gets my vote every time.....
    30 odd years may have gone by but I guarantee that she didn't leave the VERY thankful rebellion a heap of garbage...!

Just thought though that I'd like to have got a better look at that ship on Jakku which explodes....Looked kinda cool...

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  23. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    They're all great, but the Falcon transcends the vehicular to the point where she's pretty much a character!

Xinau, EHT, jaqen and 4 others like this.
  24. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Well, for me, other than the old pile of junk, one really unique spacecraft is definitely that Command Shuttle... It's one of the more impressive ones around and can easily become another MF888 / TIE / X-Wing type of iconic spacecraft!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  25. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    TIE Fighter baby! NOTHING beats the sound of a TIE Fighter, so god damn iconic and cool. I love the escape scene "WOAH this thing really moves"

kylorobes, Dak Oolron and AmySolo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.